Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

M&e - Quintessentially Eclectic

How many bulbs it uses and does it allow the use of standard energy saving ones?

It uses one bulb, and yes, it allows the use of standard E27 base energy saving bulbs. I'm using an OSRAM 60W one.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

RENO DAY 32 - Doors Installed

The main door gets a new look with black wrought iron grills. The door will be painted a matte white for contrast.

img0390pi6.jpg

Classic doors installed for all rooms - they will all be painted white.

img0395se7.jpg

And the bathrooms no longer look so bare with basins, and toilet bowls installed.

img0391wb4.jpg

A gold baroque inspired mirror over the mini basin will complete the look.

img0392fw2.jpg

A close up look at the claw leg of our Bravat acrylic bathtub, purchased from Ideal Bathroom.

img0393uq9.jpg

Carpentry works will commence on Friday. Things are really progressing fast!

Defects (the laminate flooring on the staircase) spotted by our contractor are being rectified concurrently.

yar lor why the tile supplier print like dat. but actually if really want to match still can lo .. u have to stagger the tiles, something like how u would lay a brick wall. the lower level of tiles has to be layed slightly to the left of the upper level. but then if do that, all the joint lines will be allover the place lor.

hehe i guess since its acceptable to u then its ok.. lucky the print is complicated so the matching is not obvious :bangwall:

Heh. Actually, after scrutinising the tile pattern and compared it against the combi displayed at the Hafary showroom, I realised that to get the damask pattern to match, the will have to placed as a mirror image vertically - i.e. the top tile upright with the flower petals pointing upwards, and the bottom tile placed upside down, with the flower petals pointing downwards.

Oops. Anyway, I can live with this imperfection (the print just hits you in the face and it's not noticeable unless you look at it from a photo) - it was partially my fault as well - I told them to lay the tiles with the petals pointing upwards. :sport-smiley-004:

woooo :sport-smiley-004::bangwall::yamseng:

nice...

:jammin: Thanks for the thumbs up! Am very relieved now that the sanitary ware is installed in the master bathroom and there's still space event with the chubby bathtub. Whew!

seeing your bathroom makes me :(;) for a bathtub too

You can always consider a free-standing one - the new generation of bathtubs are lightweight enough to be shifted around for washing. :P

RENO DAY 33 - Carpentry In Progress

The skeletons of our wardrobes have arrived. We popped by late yesterday afternoon to be faced with wardrobe doors and rows of wardrobe structures.

Wallpaper style laminate for my 9 ft wardobe. M's 7.5 ft wardrobe will feature the same print, but in white.

img0411yt1.jpg

Wardrobes awaiting installation - they have all but filled the master bedroom. Most should be in place when we check back tomorrow evening. Can't wait to see the finished product!

img0413xp4.jpg

Partition wall for the under-stairs storage space up, and the staircase railings are now a glossy black instead of the former dull chocolate brown. What difference a paint job makes!

img0412fj0.jpg

We were surprised to see the skeletal structures of our kitchen cabinets (with one section already in place) when we dropped by to show some family members our new home this evening. They must have been delivered in the later part of last evening. Talk about working overtime!

RENO DAY 34 - Carpentry in Progress

The skeleton of our kitchen cabinets under warm light

img0420tn9.jpg

And a closer look under white light

img0424kk6.jpg

Some adjustments and relocation is required to the interior - our Teka oven in particular will have to be shifted 5" upwards. It's currently too close for comfort to the floor! The row of drawers will likely have to be shifted to the end of the L shape as well.

img0423wv4.jpg

The skeleton of both wardrobes are also in place. Hopefully the wardrobes will be complete by Wednesday before we leave for our trip!

img0421we6.jpg

img0422ug6.jpg

Edited by tristesse

hi tristesse,

really nice bathroom u have there.. may i know how much u paid for your tub? am wondering if i shd get this type or the 'fixed' type. what made u chose this type?

by the way, your reno seems to be going fast n smoothly... can share who's your ID?

thanks!! :dancingqueen:

:):unsure: love the look of the bricked walls in the kitchen

My mum had the shock of her life when she found out I had the contractor grout the tiles in grey instead of white! But my husband and I really like the effect. :unsure:

hi there!!

I like the brick effect too!! wanted that for my kitchen my my boss didn't allow..:)

Anyways your bathtub is cute too!! if only i don't have kids i won't hesitate to put a bathtub like that...

hi tristesse,

really nice bathroom u have there.. may i know how much u paid for your tub? am wondering if i shd get this type or the 'fixed' type. what made u chose this type?

by the way, your reno seems to be going fast n smoothly... can share who's your ID?

thanks!! :)

hi phoenix,

the Bravat claw leg bathtub cost $1,300 (incl of pop up waste) from Ideal Bathroom at Balestier. We decided on the free-standing variety instead of the built in ones due to constraints in space. Basically should we have decided on a built-in tub, it would cover the drainage outlet for the toilet and should there be chokage problems in future, the bathtub would have to be removed. To avoid this possible problem, we decided to opt for a free-standing one instead. Should we ever decide to move, we can easily cart it along as well!

we didn't engage an ID for our reno - the concept and "vision" for the place was entirely mine and my husband's. the contractor we engaged (Mr Low from Boon Siew) has been able to achieve the effect we had in mind, and we're pleased with the works to date.