Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
piggiedearz

Jurong West St 64 Residents - (july 07 Ballot)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi neighbours,

Anyone of you are considering installing or already installed monitoring alarm systerm security in your house such as SafeHome and SafeHomePlus from Certis Cisco or the one from ADT?

Do u think is necessary and useful for this?

http://www.certissecurity.com/sg/Home%20&a...g=1&subpg=1

http://www.adt.com.sg/en/index.aspx?page=h...rotect-packages

had considered before.

still cannot make up my mind.

you checked out the prices already?

last checked i believe was over 1.5k for their system.

had considered before.

still cannot make up my mind.

you checked out the prices already?

last checked i believe was over 1.5k for their system.

Not yet, they are coming over to my place to give me a quotation from certis cisco this weekend. 1.5K very ex leh...

My block only has very few neighbours per level & neighbours moved in liao all alwayas close door and got a flight of stairs with a door. SO worry got bad guys hide at the staircase.

Not yet, they are coming over to my place to give me a quotation from certis cisco this weekend. 1.5K very ex leh...

My block only has very few neighbours per level & neighbours moved in liao all alwayas close door and got a flight of stairs with a door. SO worry got bad guys hide at the staircase.

hihi, u staying which block?

my wife also has the same worry as you... she worry that she go home alone, open door halfway, the bad guys will jump pout from the staircase landing~

:dancingqueen:

the system is free if you sign up the 3 years premium plan with them.

i'm also kinda worried about the security in this area as so many units are vacant at the moment.

i would be coming back at different timing with my wife. still discussing with her for the needs.

wah.. now tat u all have mentioned, seems like reali a bit dangerous if we were to return home quite late..especially for us gals.. gota reali b careful. hmm actually wonder y they wana have the staircase with the door at the corridor.. find tat it's reali a dangerous spot cos seems like a convenient spot for baddies to hide there.

mayb try to form a "crime watch" kinda unit with the same floor neighbours.. at least try to look out for one another.. tat wil b gd..

btw, those who juz joined in this thread, mind to update ur blk no. to the list below? :rolleyes:

675A : samluvbliss, toothytooth

675B : Spotkev, Alexter, greenskyiv

676A : ilovecoffee, kiki2004, TinyEyes, mysotic, sengkt

676B : crazygirl48, roseberry, shutiao06, popeye gal

677A : cyanide, bpheng

677B : shootmie

677C : inuya5ha

678A : teodami, Commando, bubbletan, jogal, baby_whyme

678B : rav3n, GraCieGaL

678C : missyling

678D : dar80, NiVleK

must maintain goot r/ship with neighbours!

so that they can help u look out.

hmm all my neighbours already moved in and most of the time I go to my house, I see that the door are closed. But got say hi to all the neighbours before lor. so they know who we are.. But all these same level neighbours all from en bloc , and are ah ma and ah gong and uncles. I doubt they can help much.

mine also ah pek.

those 5-rooms are the younger couples but most of them have not moved in yet.

can only hope that it is a safe neighbourhood!

677C : inuya5ha

678C : missyling, adathong

Halo everyone i m new here !!

677C : inuya5ha, norah

:curse: List Updated..

Cisco SafeHome is $37.40/mth after gst for wireless motion sensor, wireles door magnet contact, 24 hr monitoring, 1 remote control. Safehome plus is all above + insurance coverage and wireless smoke detector + additional remote control (key fob to arm/disarm) is $53.45/mth after gst.

ADT is $40.70/mth after gst for wireless motion sensor, wireless door magnet contact, wireless smoke detector, 24 hr monitoring, remote control + insurance coverage from NTUC that insure the house structure, renovation, personal liablity etc.

The equipment belongs to you at the end of the 3-yr contract. U can choose not to subscribe to the 24 hr monitoring after the contract, but the siren will still sound if there is intrusion and detection of smoke, but no one will call u. U can pay your neighbour monthly to monitor for u. haha..

I think is not bad for emergency medical help,when held in duress and if u have a maid who doesn't know how to call police, scdf , or ambulance to explain where is the location of the house in case of emergencies, she can just press the panic button.

Both companies offer free systems and installation for 3 yr sign up.

ADT promotion is free 2 mths monitoring services for sign up by 31 march 2008, but a bit rush to make decision now, shall wait for next promotion.

It's best to have it wired during ur renovation to minimise visible trunking if u have false ceiling at the living room. A land line phone has to be extended to near the door or if not, u can just wired the control panel near the current phone line, but control panel is best placed near the main door so was to easily arm/disarm before u leave the house in case u do not have additional key fob/remote control. If u place it in ur room or far away from the main door, I think by x mths u will stop using this alarm system.

Going by cost efficiency I think ADT is better. Not sure about the services between ADT and Cisco though.

Edited by rumi

677C : inuya5ha, norah

678A : teodami, Commando, bubbletan, jogal, baby_whyme, jjcian

Hi all, just joined the forum though have been browsing around RT for a few weeks now :notti:

Seems like 678A rather 'popular' :drunk: