Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
numb

Bali...need Some Advice..

I'm planning to go on a honeymoon trip to Bali...

But looking at mine and wifey schedule...we could only do it in Dec...near X'mas period..

So anybody have any idea what the weather is gonna be like then?? Heard that it could be monsoon season...

Any second opinions???

Any "must visit places" or "must do stuff" there i gonna try???

Thanks

in return i shall post some nice pic when i'm back

lol

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I'm planning to go on a honeymoon trip to Bali...

But looking at mine and wifey schedule...we could only do it in Dec...near X'mas period..

So anybody have any idea what the weather is gonna be like then?? Heard that it could be monsoon season...

Any second opinions???

Any "must visit places" or "must do stuff" there i gonna try???

try tripadvisor.com

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g294226-Bali-Hotels.html

weather in December is wet!

must visit/must do depends on where u wanna stay - Ubud? Kuta? Nusa Dua? Seminyak?

happy honeymoon! i love Bali!!

weather in dec is wet...

meaning...raining most of the time???

Wah, then really sian 1/2... how to go enjoy the sun, the sand and the sea???

Lol...

Looks like i must plan otherwise le...

But thanks for the POI to take note of !

Edited by numb

I just came back from Bali.

Not really raining much for my 6 days there. Weather still very hot.

Rain slightly at night (ard 2-3 am) so don't worry.

You must go to Tanjong Benoa for parasailing, jetski and human kite flying. Fun!

Snorkeling not really good as the fishes variety and water not really fantastic.

You can also stay in Ubud for art market. Things are cheaper esp the Zen Bali Spa ..for only approx $18 you can get massage, scrub, yogurt mask and a flower bath.

I stayed in Tepi Sawah Villa in Ubud. Great villa and you can get free transport within Ubud area.

However I regret not staying in Kuta area because thats the place you can do shopping for more clothing varieties.

I was there in Dec back in 2005 and the weather was quite wet. it rained everyday so it was quite inconvenient. however weather is quite unpredictable, so who knows?

You can stay 2 nights in kuta and 2 nights in ubud for 2 different experiences. Kuta is where most tourists flock to for the beaches and nightlife - although the beaches are not that great in Bali. Ubud is the more artsy/cultural side of Bali.

Check out Biyukukung.net. Their accommodations are overlooking the padi fields in Ubud. I didn't stay there but my friends did and it is quite value for money. I stayed at Alila Ubud which i felt was not great - definitely not worth paying for!

Seafood restaurants in Jimbaran, though catered for tourists, are still reasonably priced and quite yummy.

just came back from bali too. stayed one night in kuta and the next 2 nights in a north eastern part of bali call tembok so i was able to make a comparison between these 2 areas.

personally, i feel that the ulu part of bali has more attractions than kuta. if you are planning to go bali to enjoy the night life and shopping, then kuta is for you. if you are looking for relaxation, and enjoy the true balinese hospitality, then go to those less exploited areas.

in tembok, which is about 2.5 hours away from depenpasar airport, i stayed in spa village resort. it is a very elegant and simple resort which make you feel so tranquil. the resort is so romantic at night and it is really ideal for spending time with love ones. there are so many comfy sofa and gazebo in the area which you can lie down and nap at any time, heehee.

there is another village name lovina which i heard you can take a cruise out to catch the sighting of dolphins.

if you are into the handicrafts, you can go to a village outside ubud call tegalalang which sells even cheaper than ubud. i totally went crazy when i was there.

oh by the way, i only experienced 2 days of light showers when i was there.

Edited by tientien

I went to Bali for my honeymoon as well. I stayed in Kuta, Tulamben and Ubud. That time was in November. Did not experience any showers for the 12 days that I was there. I think the rainy season in Bali is very mild and not like the monsoons that we experience in Singapore.

As the people before have been trying to tell you, where you should go depends on what you want to do.

For myself, Kuta is for the shopping and restaurants and nite life. We did some diving from Kuta as well. There are also quite a few must-go sight seeing places that you can reach easily from Kuta as well(eg Uluwatu and Tanah Lot). There are also a few cheap and good massage/spa places that you can visit in Kuta.

Tulamben is purely for the diving and the resort. If you are not a diver, you will be bored there.

Ubud is the arts and cultural centre of Bali. There is shopping(mainly arts and handicraft) and eating to be done. You can trawl through the numerous art galleries in the surrounding villages. Ubud has got many boutique spas and hotels that are ideal for a honeymooning couple as well.

Edited by Light

I went to Bali for my honeymoon as well. I stayed in Kuta, Tulamben and Ubud. That time was in November. Did not experience any showers for the 12 days that I was there. I think the rainy season in Bali is very mild and not like the monsoons that we experience in Singapore.

As the people before have been trying to tell you, where you should go depends on what you want to do.

For myself, Kuta is for the shopping and restaurants and nite life. We did some diving from Kuta as well. There are also quite a few must-go sight seeing places that you can reach easily from Kuta as well(eg Uluwatu and Tanah Lot). There are also a few cheap and good massage/spa places that you can visit in Kuta.

Tulamben is purely for the diving and the resort. If you are not a diver, you will be bored there.

Ubud is the arts and cultural centre of Bali. There is shopping(mainly arts and handicraft) and eating to be done. You can trawl through the numerous art galleries in the surrounding villages. Ubud has got many boutique spas and hotels that are ideal for a honeymooning couple as well.

Bali is a beautiful place to Holiday, Spend a Honeymoon or Even to Purchase Furniture & Home Decor Items. While holidaying, you could move around and do some shopping for some exotic and exqusite home decor items.

I have used ths guy Made - pronounced as Ma-Dae. Should you need a guide for sight-seeing or someone reliable to bring you to the places we shop at - you could call him at +62 081 23960170 He does not take a commission from the shops he brings you to and if he does get a commission - he will let you know.

Should you ever use him, please let me know your feedback.

*** Please Do Remember - EVERYTHING YOU INTEND TO PURCHASE IS BARGAINABLE!!!

Edited by dhotshop