Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kids2

Paint Job By Self Fix Diy

Hi,

Has anybody used the professional painting service by SELF-FIX DIY?

They are quoting S$800 for HDB 3rm Flat whereas my contractor is

charging abt S$980.

Also, has anybody used NIPPON PAINT, Easy Wash?

Is it really that easy wash?

Thanks for sharing.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

Has anybody used the professional painting service by SELF-FIX DIY?

They are quoting S$800 for HDB 3rm Flat whereas my contractor is

charging abt S$980.

Also, has anybody used NIPPON PAINT, Easy Wash?

Is it really that easy wash?

Thanks for sharing.

me hate troublesome chores - thats why chose EASY WASH...tried and proven = really easy to clean off stains.

usually contractors' pricing is higher - most includes patching up holes or even uneven surface.

get homefix 's nippon paint if your walls is not like the moon's surface.

me hate troublesome chores - thats why chose EASY WASH...tried and proven = really easy to clean off stains.

usually contractors' pricing is higher - most includes patching up holes or even uneven surface.

get homefix 's nippon paint if your walls is not like the moon's surface.

Thanks MaCe,

Unforunately, my ceiling & wall are as good as the MARS....

Thus, need to plaster the whole wall and ceilings to be exact.

My contractor claimed that he received feedback that EASY WASH is not easy wash

after all. I'm sure the painting quotation does not come with the more expensive

paint (like easy wash).

Thanks MaCe,

Unforunately, my ceiling & wall are as good as the MARS....

Thus, need to plaster the whole wall and ceilings to be exact.

My contractor claimed that he received feedback that EASY WASH is not easy wash

after all. I'm sure the painting quotation does not come with the more expensive

paint (like easy wash).

plastering is at least $1600+ for a 4room (read this in another post).

this is machiam simlimsq sales sales talk, that sony tv no good, this LG tv better. Better in the sense of MORE profit.

during my reno, got oil(from new windows), then shellac(varnishing parquet), then got dunno which workers' hands black black on my walls...all stains wipe off easily with just normal soap + water.

Just got a flyer saying that there are $100 discount off their Nippon package. There are 2 packages in the Nippon, more expensive one u can choose the premium paint.

Standard Package for 3 room = $900-$100 = $800

Supreme Package for 3 room = $1000-$100 = $900

The price is very reasonable I would say. Do check if they paint at least 2 coat.

Actually easy wash is good. But the main drawback is there will be uneven tone patches if u touch up small area after a few days. This is because the easy wash paint contain oil. The only way is to repaint the whole area.

The paint that most contractor used not vey good... cos my house some area already have fungus

Edited by cookie

Just got a flyer saying that there are $100 discount off their Nippon package. There are 2 packages in the Nippon, more expensive one u can choose the premium paint.

Standard Package for 3 room = $900-$100 = $800

Supreme Package for 3 room = $1000-$100 = $900

The price is very reasonable I would say. Do check if they paint at least 2 coat.

Actually easy wash is good. But the main drawback is there will be uneven tone patches if u touch up small area after a few days. This is because the easy wash paint contain oil. The only way is to repaint the whole area.

The paint that most contractor used not vey good... cos my house some area already have fungus

That was basically the main drawback that my contractor mentioned.

Uneven tone pataches for touch up. Need to repaint the wall if necessary.

So far, I have used this contractor for the past 3 years (in 3 different places).

No complaint on the paint job at all. After all, he uses NIPPON paint but just not

easy wash.

So far, I have used this contractor for the past 3 years (in 3 different places).

No complaint on the paint job at all. After all, he uses NIPPON paint but just not

easy wash.

If minimum touch up, I think easy wash is the better choice.

My hse only 1 year plus, mould keep coming out only at that certain area of my hse, even I repainted it several times myself.

I think they used ICI Maltex...

If minimum touch up, I think easy wash is the better choice.

My hse only 1 year plus, mould keep coming out only at that certain area of my hse, even I repainted it several times myself.

I think they used ICI Maltex...

for ceilings, perhaps can consider ICI Mouldgard... only white color available...

ICI online store

easy wash.

if u getting direct from NIppon/Self-fix, your contractor is out of the picture. i had a sub con who gave us all kinds of excuses for not letting us choose Nippon 3-in-1 Medifresh even after we had specified and topped up for it! :jawdrop: really the excuses he came up with were just classic.

we chose medifresh coz of the children and also coz friend's house had terrible leaking problem, the walls painted with medifresh did not grow mold. but the other wall without medifresh had BLACK fungus on it!

my painting bill costs >$2K coz of my flat size, they consider >1300 sq ft as Executive and i had to top up for oil sealer and painting pipes. but i must say it is worth it coz they do a professional job. there is a 6 month warranty and the painters will come back and do touch-ups for any area you are not satisfied with. for the peace of mind i get and happy walls, it is worth every cent.