Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mamapea

Question On Kitchen Sink

The coating is supposed to reduce condensation on the surface beneath the sink, as what the sales people told me. Most sink will just have a piece of black insulating material (smaller than the sink bottom surface) at the area there the water the most likely impact. The one I saw from Bellari and MH of Poh Joo has a coating of clay like material on the entire bottom of the sink bowl. The one I saw from Hoe Kee, the $100 plus one, does not have any material below.

I am also curious why those professional sink, ie the square corner ones are so expensive. The sales person at Bellari told me that because it's sort of hand made from a metal sheet and need manual work to fold and weld them together, as compared to the usual molded ones. Anyone can enlighten on this?

is the coating neccessary?? how do we see if there's coating?

if there is no material below mean the sink is not good?

:(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
is the coating neccessary?? how do we see if there's coating?

if there is no material below mean the sink is not good?

:(

No comment on whether if the sink is good with or without the material. Cos no experience. Maybe someone who has such sink can comment. But like I said before hearing from the salesperson, it's supposed to reduce condensation at the bottom of the sink.

It's very obvious with the coating material, without it, it is just raw metal.

actually, dun quite understand hw sink can condensate unless you put cold frozen things into the sink for de-frozing, if not, it usually dun come in contact with cold things, so hw to condensate?

my aunt experience, and no offence to all who hv gotten such sink ya, she gotten those type of sink where its made of (feel like) acrylic type of surface top for kitchen. vy expensive, over 1.5k i think.

but after years of usage, it stained and the stain kinda hard to get rid of. but if you are getting those darker colors type, i think you will not see the stains.

but i like traditional kind, stainless steel 1 1/2 bowl with drainer type. where the bigger bowl is for washing, the 1/2 bowl can put sponge for washing, and the strainers for cutting meat and fishes so that those water from meat and fishes (esp fishes, got fishy smell) can be wipe to sink with hand/cloth and easily cleaned without having the need to damage my solid surface table top. if not, after years of usage, fishy smell tend to be on solid surface table top. :P

juz my 2 1/2 cents.... :notti:

No comment on whether if the sink is good with or without the material. Cos no experience. Maybe someone who has such sink can comment. But like I said before hearing from the salesperson, it's supposed to reduce condensation at the bottom of the sink.

It's very obvious with the coating material, without it, it is just raw metal.

My husband and I spent so much time asking every sales person of different shops abt the undercoating. The ones which sell sinks undercoating of course say that its good while the ones that dont have say not necessary.

From my research I found out that the undercoating serves 2 purpose, one is anti-condensation so if u defrost meat in the sink everyday (like me coz got to cook!), the u will not have much "sweating" under the sink, which at the end of the day, perserves your wooden cabinet base. The other purpose is it makes the steel stronger against dents (dont know if this is true tho). All sinks should come with a black padding under the sink. This is for noise reduction and also has some anti-condensation effect.

For me, I think I'm going to go for the MN sink at PJ. It has undercoating, padding and also comes with the waste bin in the sink hole. We enquired at some other shops that to change to the waste bin in $50 for each hole so got to add another $100! In addition, it comes with a blue basket for the smaller round sink and can buy a matching chopping board. I am not promoting the sink, just letting u know why we decided on this one.

My husband and I spent so much time asking every sales person of different shops abt the undercoating. The ones which sell sinks undercoating of course say that its good while the ones that dont have say not necessary.

From my research I found out that the undercoating serves 2 purpose, one is anti-condensation so if u defrost meat in the sink everyday (like me coz got to cook!), the u will not have much "sweating" under the sink, which at the end of the day, perserves your wooden cabinet base. The other purpose is it makes the steel stronger against dents (dont know if this is true tho). All sinks should come with a black padding under the sink. This is for noise reduction and also has some anti-condensation effect.

For me, I think I'm going to go for the MN sink at PJ. It has undercoating, padding and also comes with the waste bin in the sink hole. We enquired at some other shops that to change to the waste bin in $50 for each hole so got to add another $100! In addition, it comes with a blue basket for the smaller round sink and can buy a matching chopping board. I am not promoting the sink, just letting u know why we decided on this one.

how much is the MN sink at PJ?

how much is the MN sink at PJ?

The one I chose is $300. Comes with one big sink, one small round one & one small one at the top to put the soap/sponges etc.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum & first time renovating my flat. Have questions abt kitchen sink. I am considering one sink at Bellari. The saleslady recommended me to also make additional holes for the soap dispenser & water filter. It seems like a good idea coz it will save countertop space but my husband is worried abt putting too many holes in the sink. Anyone has done this or can give feedback.

Another sink I'm considering is MN at Poh Joo. Looks really solid & I like the design. Any comments.

Dont have much time left as reno starts next week.

Thanks

Hihi,

Not sure what was your requirement for your sink. But i find the sinks from RUBINE has quite a few selections that might cater to your needs. Whether 2 big bowls, 1 single bowl etc...

MN has pretty good quality but the price is quite ex. I got MN mixer when my hubby was in Beijing. Very solid quality.

The one I chose is $300. Comes with one big sink, one small round one & one small one at the top to put the soap/sponges etc.

is the waste bin in the sink hole neccessary too?? will the filter stopper be as good too?

is the waste bin in the sink hole neccessary too?? will the filter stopper be as good too?

I wont say that its necessary. Most sinks come with a normal strainer. The good thing is that this one comes with 2 strainers, one on top and another one like a basket inside with smaller holes. Since I have maid at home, i thot its better to get this type.