Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mamapea

Question On Kitchen Sink

Hi,

I'm new to this forum & first time renovating my flat. Have questions abt kitchen sink. I am considering one sink at Bellari. The saleslady recommended me to also make additional holes for the soap dispenser & water filter. It seems like a good idea coz it will save countertop space but my husband is worried abt putting too many holes in the sink. Anyone has done this or can give feedback.

Another sink I'm considering is MN at Poh Joo. Looks really solid & I like the design. Any comments.

Dont have much time left as reno starts next week.

Thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

I'm new to this forum & first time renovating my flat. Have questions abt kitchen sink. I am considering one sink at Bellari. The saleslady recommended me to also make additional holes for the soap dispenser & water filter. It seems like a good idea coz it will save countertop space but my husband is worried abt putting too many holes in the sink. Anyone has done this or can give feedback.

Another sink I'm considering is MN at Poh Joo. Looks really solid & I like the design. Any comments.

Thanks

What's the worry? The sink is not going to collapse. The only question is whether you like it. That only you and your husband can work out.

its quite a IN thing now to make holes for dispenser. dun think it will pose any hazard. many forumers did it.

Edited by latitude

What's the worry? The sink is not going to collapse. The only question is whether you like it. That only you and your husband can work out.

Yup, we both like the idea. Just that the salesperson at Hoe Kee said shouldnt do it, cause the sink to damage easily. So my husband got worried.

depends on your usage and likes.

eg. of scenario in my office. got a sink with a hole punched and dispenser of soap was put there. initially quite convenient. but after a while, vy troublesome as cleaner auntie says every time the liquid soap finished, she got to pour the liquid soap from another big bottle into the dispenser and it kinda drip drip everywhere, wasted abit here and there.

its juz like those liquid bath / shampoo dispensers in toilet. where you need to top up / refill the soap once it finish.

alternatively, you can just buy a bottle of liquid soap and put it near the sink for your use.

juz my 2cents... :dunno:

I prefer the conventional way. So that if i need the soap elsewhere, maybe in toilet can always take the one in kitchen.

More hygiene. If finished, just throw. If put hole, then have to clean the dispenser too rite.

Yup, we both like the idea. Just that the salesperson at Hoe Kee said shouldnt do it, cause the sink to damage easily. So my husband got worried.

as long as the both of u like shd be fine and ok then bah....

dun wori too much la.... =)

follow yr heart..

again, i tik u need to be hardworking ley as in finish liao must refill, then do cleaning of the holes....

smtms its hard work also to make the plce clean and neat lor...

for me, im just worried i lazi clean la u know.. got the sink to clean alr so mafan liao keke

but again like what the ppl here comment, its nice and IN.

I prefer the conventional way. So that if i need the soap elsewhere, maybe in toilet can always take the one in kitchen.

More hygiene. If finished, just throw. If put hole, then have to clean the dispenser too rite.

u r rite.. hv to clean... i saw my office cleaner auntie do it every now and den. and she, being old, hv difficulty to bend down and unscrew the dispenser from the sink for refill.

Hi,

Thanks

Hi,

I think we are in the same situation. I just posted in another thread on sink. We most probably looked at the same sink before. I was also recommended MN at Poh Joo. Looks quite good. And they seems to push quite hard on them. I think they bring in this brand, so probably have higher margin. But I must say they looked pretty solid. The coating below the sink is pretty thick too. But I will not be going for it as the size I need is smaller. But I will be buying their S/S waste bin. Pretty innovative to install a drain in the bin, so we need not remove the bin to wash.

I am also looking at the Bellari sink. the professional one. Most likely will get it, but still trying to look for a cheaper option. it's $498! This one I am looking at is a 2 bowl. The smaller bowl has a ledge that we can put the sponge. without this ledge, it's $428. I think it's not problem to put a few more holes, they should not rust since they are stainless., just make sure that you don't scratch it.

u r rite.. hv to clean... i saw my office cleaner auntie do it every now and den. and she, being old, hv difficulty to bend down and unscrew the dispenser from the sink for refill.

Ya... thot that it may be quite leh chey to clean but dont mind if it really saves space.

Anyone knows where else can buy water filter besides bellari??

MTIA!

Someone told me that they installed the dispenser such that it can be unscrewed FROM THE TOP, ie. just remove the pump head. This means no need to bend down etc. They love using it. I guess, as long as you don't run through a big bottle every few days (like in offices), it's not too difficult to pour from the typical sized 1L bottles.

I guess they don't think it's necessary to wash the inside of the bottle itself cos it doesn't get dirty (after all, it is filled with CLEANER :D ). If you are a stickler for these things then just stick with one brand/flavor lor. Otherwise, X brand lime smell + Y brand Lemon smell still smells pretty much the same lah, or at least can blend in together. I'm thinking of doing this too.

Hi,

I am also looking at the Bellari sink. the professional one. Most likely will get it, but still trying to look for a cheaper option. it's $498! This one I am looking at is a 2 bowl. The smaller bowl has a ledge that we can put the sponge. without this ledge, it's $428. I think it's not problem to put a few more holes, they should not rust since they are stainless., just make sure that you don't scratch it.

oh wow I was abt to ask how much is the pro sink. just nice u posted. $498 is ex, only slightly cheaper than Teka. I have seen 2 similar ones at ard $250 at Hoe Kee, u can consider going there to take a look.

Someone told me that they installed the dispenser such that it can be unscrewed FROM THE TOP, ie. just remove the pump head. This means no need to bend down etc. They love using it. I guess, as long as you don't run through a big bottle every few days (like in offices), it's not too difficult to pour from the typical sized 1L bottles.

the "unscrew from the top" kind of dispenser - "Franke" brand has it., $36. The sales told me that Franke is the first to come out with this design. Then other brands follow suit. Anyone else knows any cheaper options?

anyone went to Teka before? how much % do they offer usually?

thx.

Edited by latitude

oh wow I was abt to ask how much is the pro sink. just nice u posted. $498 is ex, only slightly cheaper than Teka.

Wanted to get the TEKA one initially, but the 2 bowl one is about $1300, even with discount of usual about 15%, it is still quite expensive.

I have seen 2 similar ones at ard $250 at Hoe Kee, u can consider going there to take a look.

Saw the ones at Hoe Kee, don't think it's good. I think there is no coating underneath the sink. I was actually thinking of going to those S/S fabricator that make those at hawker centers to do one. But not too sure if it will be cheaper and worth the trouble.

oic. didnt know u are getting the 2 bowl sink. btw, what coating underneath the sink? what's that coating?

i think now i'm having 2nd thoughts on square sink. same size abt 3x more expensive.

oic. didnt know u are getting the 2 bowl sink. btw, what coating underneath the sink? what's that coating?

i think now i'm having 2nd thoughts on square sink. same size abt 3x more expensive.

The coating is supposed to reduce condensation on the surface beneath the sink, as what the sales people told me. Most sink will just have a piece of black insulating material (smaller than the sink bottom surface) at the area there the water the most likely impact. The one I saw from Bellari and MH of Poh Joo has a coating of clay like material on the entire bottom of the sink bowl. The one I saw from Hoe Kee, the $100 plus one, does not have any material below.

I am also curious why those professional sink, ie the square corner ones are so expensive. The sales person at Bellari told me that because it's sort of hand made from a metal sheet and need manual work to fold and weld them together, as compared to the usual molded ones. Anyone can enlighten on this?