Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eniglda

How Long Warranty Needed For Workmanship?

Hi,

Went to some IDs and some of them offer a longer warranty period than others. The shortest warranty I've seen is 1 yr from this firm. Basically, felt that if the ID is confident of the workmanship, he will be confident enough to give a longer warranty. Sets my mind at peace to know there's warranty. So 1 year seems too short, even though the ID firm/offer seems quite ok.

Want to know what is the normal warranty period...

Pls advise! Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

Went to some IDs and some of them offer a longer warranty period than others. The shortest warranty I've seen is 1 yr from this firm. Basically, felt that if the ID is confident of the workmanship, he will be confident enough to give a longer warranty. Sets my mind at peace to know there's warranty. So 1 year seems too short, even though the ID firm/offer seems quite ok.

Want to know what is the normal warranty period...

Pls advise! Thanks!

Mine got 2 years! Bt is not an ID firm, is contractor.

seriously, if the ID or contractor company suay suay close down, the warranty also "boh pa kay". warranty just gives a peace of mind, before u to sign the contract.

caveat emptor!

ya, that's true. But it certainly gives a peace of mind. maybe 3-5 years shld be ok right?

Like if my laminates becomes warped/pop up or my tiles pop up, I can still go and find them right? Such things may happen after 1 year of staying in..

Warranty period long or short not a big issue whether the company give u stupid excuses is more critical.

Some ID will change without even ask more questions, :good: some will give all kinds of silly excuses like not their fault or due to ur poor handling therefore cannt claim under warranty. :bleah:

It still down to how responsible is ur ID. :)