Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mint

Which Light Bulbs/ Starters/ Ballast Are Better?

I regret my light pruchase - cos I think the starter or ballast like not very good. Cos after installed all lights, always got this light keep flickering when turn on the switch. No brand type of starter/ bulb/ ballast. My purchase is from De Lit*.

Its a long kitchen tube, consisting of 2 tubes, and 2 starters. No matter how I exchange the tubes, or exchange the starters.. always flicker. Until I change both starters to Philips brand. Then ok leow.

May I know how come the starters will give out light when flickering before the light comes on? The 'lousy' starter give off a blue light. The Philip starter give out pink lights.

Folks, please advise me on which are the better type of starters/ light bulbs / ballast.

Hear of such brands, but pretty confusing

1. Atcos

2. Osram

3. Philips

4. Akira (my ID give me Akira PLC light bulbs, Philips halogen lights)

But out of these brands, will it be some made in Indonesia, some really made in Australia? So is it Indonesia is not good?

Edited by mint

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I regret my light pruchase - cos I think the starter or ballast like not very good. Cos after installed all lights, always got this light keep flickering when turn on the switch. No brand type of starter/ bulb/ ballast. My purchase is from De Lit*.

Its a long kitchen tube, consisting of 2 tubes, and 2 starters. No matter how I exchange the tubes, or exchange the starters.. always flicker. Until I change both starters to Philips brand. Then ok leow.

May I know how come the starters will give out light when flickering before the light comes on? The 'lousy' starter give off a blue light. The Philip starter give out pink lights.

Folks, please advise me on which are the better type of starters/ light bulbs / ballast.

Hear of such brands, but pretty confusing

1. Atcos

2. Osram

3. Philips

4. Akira (my ID give me Akira PLC light bulbs, Philips halogen lights)

But out of these brands, will it be some made in Indonesia, some really made in Australia? So is it Indonesia is not good?

is very common even for those reputable brand manfacture in indonesia nowaday,

Atco,Osram and Philip are good brand for lamp,ballast and starter, akira? :dunno:

buy only osram or philips. the rest are just craps.

osram - indonesia

philips - china

it doesnt matter where they were manufactured, but it does matter that their technology and quality surpasses all other brands.

if your casing have enough space, can consider changing them to electronic ballast - no more flickering.

the initial flickering is the firing up of the atoms for the tube.

Edited by MaCe

buy only osram or philips. the rest are just craps.

osram - indonesia

philips - china

it doesnt matter where they were manufactured, but it does matter that their technology and quality surpasses all other brands.

if your casing have enough space, can consider changing them to electronic ballast - no more flickering.

the initial flickering is the firing up of the atoms for the tube.

Tridonic atco is from Germany and they are one of the leading brand for ballast

Tridonic atco is from Germany and they are one of the leading brand for ballast

Tridonic Atco or in short Atco is from Australia and not Germany as you mentioned.

It is definitely one of the best or even the ballast.

Tridonic Atco or in short Atco is from Australia and not Germany as you mentioned.

It is definitely one of the best or even the ballast.

Spoken to the lighting shop salesperson. ATCO is a australia brand, you must make sure that it has a kangaroo inprint on the ballast. However, he said that it is made in China.

There is another brand which is made in Germany, May & Christie.

Lastly, i saw different brand of ballast (all got safety mark). But pls ensure your safety mark is not printed on the ballast. Cos the actual PSB tested and approved SAFETY MARK is using sticker one!:horse: