Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
meeko

Requirements For Family Grant For Married Child Living Near Parents

Dear all,

I'm trying to apply for the family grant for married child living near parents (40k) but from what I hear, both parents are required to be physically present during the first appointment at HDB. In my case, my father has been stationed overseas due to business and work commitments and rarely comes back to singapore. In addition, my parents are "estranged" so it'll make meeting up during the first appointment a little difficult. Any advice on how to get around this rule? My father has no objections to signing any forms required.

Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I dun remember that the parents have to present at the 1st appt, but I may be wrong. Why not just write in to HDB and ask for a written confirmation? Remember do not ask over the phone; you ask 3 times will get 3 different answers...

And if its true and your parents need to sign some documents, then further check if your father can do a power of attorney for someone to act on his behalf.

All these info can be gotten from HDB...

I dun remember that the parents have to present at the 1st appt, but I may be wrong. Why not just write in to HDB and ask for a written confirmation? Remember do not ask over the phone; you ask 3 times will get 3 different answers...

And if its true and your parents need to sign some documents, then further check if your father can do a power of attorney for someone to act on his behalf.

All these info can be gotten from HDB...

hmmm...good idea. will try that. thanks!:(:)

I dun recall them needing to be present during 1st appointment.

What happens is that during the submission of the housing applicantion, the agent will get the details, yours and your parents (both ic) to provide your parents address and others doc....

I forgot if there is any form for parents to sign, dun think so? But your parents cannot move house within 5 years.

I dun recall them needing to be present during 1st appointment.

What happens is that during the submission of the housing applicantion, the agent will get the details, yours and your parents (both ic) to provide your parents address and others doc....

I forgot if there is any form for parents to sign, dun think so? But your parents cannot move house within 5 years.

I applied for new flat and under the MCPS (married child Priority Scheme) to increase my balloting chance..

My parents need to sign form to agree that they cannot sell their present flat for the next 5 yrs...

I applied for new flat and under the MCPS (married child Priority Scheme) to increase my balloting chance..

My parents need to sign form to agree that they cannot sell their present flat for the next 5 yrs...

I just went for my first appointment a few days ago. Yes my parents were there. They had to sign 2 forms. One was done at the counter before we enter another room where they had to sign another document to approve the grant. The child who is applying for the parents grant also needs to bring his/her birth cert to prove that she/he is indeed their children. On top of that the parents also need to bring their marriage cert.

Hope that helps!

Dear all,

I'm trying to apply for the family grant for married child living near parents (40k) but from what I hear, both parents are required to be physically present during the first appointment at HDB. In my case, my father has been stationed overseas due to business and work commitments and rarely comes back to singapore. In addition, my parents are "estranged" so it'll make meeting up during the first appointment a little difficult. Any advice on how to get around this rule? My father has no objections to signing any forms required.

Thanks!

Hope your appt is not over yet. But anyway, your case is same as mine. But no worries,just tell the officer there that your dad is not in spore. They can just pass you the documents and you courier it over to him to sign. After that then you return the documents back to HDB.