Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kingzkong

Anybody In Yung Sheng Rd? (july 07 Ballot)

Hahha.. Cos my ID bao electrical works & switches, so change loh. Anyway, already charged for it.. :notti: I giv u mine loh, but must wait for them to change the switches. Duno when.. C if u wana wait loh.. :D

Ever since spending money for reno, furnishing. Sourcing of curtains is the one I hate most.. Very sian one.. Now I have phobia for CURTAINS.. :D

U go to curtain shop c their materials, all no pricing one. Den when u c someting nice, they said its a better quality type & have to top up how much how much blah blah blah.. How u justify the top-up amount aso very ambiguous. So good ur MIL settled curtain for u. :good: I signed up wif Jimmy Textiles liao. Duno is it reasonable or not.. :dunno:

Btw, anyone here looking for this kinda storage racks?

Can MO.. :notti:

L3x

hmmm.... yah lor, since he alr charge u in the package le... but seriously, u can give mi ar!?!? haha... tats very kind of u leh... :sport-smiley-004: anyway, i dont need the switches, cos my lighting configurations nw cannot use those normal one-way switch, so that one sure need to buy one...

but if u have the double outlet, (the one that is at the kitchen walls one, to plug in ur cooker and fridge ones) that would be good.... :sport-smiley-004: cos i need 3!! haha... :bleah: if i m not wrong, u can give mi, the 2 at kitchen ones, and the one in ur living... :yamseng: thanks in advance...

BTW, i not in a hurry la... so let mi know when u r ready to pass mi lor... heehee... ;)

talking abt the curtain, wat u say is very true lor... like any other stores, the person attending to u one, can tell u a lot a lot of reasons to convince u tat wat u r paying for is worth the price, but how much do pple like us know abt the origin and materials tat were used in the products?? haha... c nice nice then buy le wat, rite?? :P:P

as for the rack... eh... i dont think i m getting the "metal" kind... dont know y oso... haha... thankx for the offer of MO... :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all

Finally..... hdb done with the tilings, jus waiting to fix toilet doors and sanitary works.

YEAH...... can start wif the real reno liao :dancingqueen: . Met my neighbor facing us... they r done and moving in tis weekend. Very nice couple and both hb hv the same name! talk about coincidence :jawdrop:

Hey L3x, tis the same racks @Jin Yu Tdg in Geylang. U got good lobang?

Hey Nex, I may nid 2 of the switches. How much is each?

:yamseng:

how mang gang u need?? meaning how many switch per "board". and u need it in 1-way or 2-way :dunno: or u need something like my case: [4-gang (4switches), in config of 3switches in 1-way, and 1switch in 2-way]

so it depends on wat ur electrician tell u or how u wan to operate ur lights... cannot anyhow buy leh... if not like my sis hse, buy wrongly, then the light "pop" then trip le... haha... :horse:

i dont really know the price, but should be from $5 (for one switch) onwards bah, from wat i know is that ABB one not that cheap thats y outside very difficult to find oso....

to quote u an example: the 4switches one, wif "special" 1 switch in 2-way mode, cost $9.50. when i go down then ask got better price anot lor... haha... cos i need to buy one TV point cover, and a door bell switch... :notti: cos original one not nice... haha.. :bleah: then see see look look whether got anymore things to buy anot... :yamseng:

how mang gang u need?? meaning how many switch per "board". and u need it in 1-way or 2-way :dunno: or u need something like my case: [4-gang (4switches), in config of 3switches in 1-way, and 1switch in 2-way]

so it depends on wat ur electrician tell u or how u wan to operate ur lights... cannot anyhow buy leh... if not like my sis hse, buy wrongly, then the light "pop" then trip le... haha... :horse:

i dont really know the price, but should be from $5 (for one switch) onwards bah, from wat i know is that ABB one not that cheap thats y outside very difficult to find oso....

to quote u an example: the 4switches one, wif "special" 1 switch in 2-way mode, cost $9.50. when i go down then ask got better price anot lor... haha... cos i need to buy one TV point cover, and a door bell switch... :notti: cos original one not nice... haha.. :bleah: then see see look look whether got anymore things to buy anot... :yamseng:

HuhH! u lost me here.... Thx for the tips, I'll go check wif renovator first.

Hi all

Finally..... hdb done with the tilings, jus waiting to fix toilet doors and sanitary works.

YEAH...... can start wif the real reno liao :dancingqueen: . Met my neighbor facing us... they r done and moving in tis weekend. Very nice couple and both hb hv the same name! talk about coincidence :jawdrop:

Hey L3x, tis the same racks @Jin Yu Tdg in Geylang. U got good lobang?

Hey Nex, I may nid 2 of the switches. How much is each?

MLR,

we aso met our neighbour. Caught him red-handed for trespassing. :D

MBRpartitionwalkway1.jpg

If u dun mind to wait, I can give u the switches since Nex cannot use it liaoz..

hmmm.... yah lor, since he alr charge u in the package le... but seriously, u can give mi ar!?!? haha... tats very kind of u leh... :sport-smiley-004: anyway, i dont need the switches, cos my lighting configurations nw cannot use those normal one-way switch, so that one sure need to buy one...

but if u have the double outlet, (the one that is at the kitchen walls one, to plug in ur cooker and fridge ones) that would be good.... :sport-smiley-004: cos i need 3!! haha... :bleah: if i m not wrong, u can give mi, the 2 at kitchen ones, and the one in ur living... :yamseng: thanks in advance...

BTW, i not in a hurry la... so let mi know when u r ready to pass mi lor... heehee... ;)

Nex,

no problem giving u the switches, cos ur giving me money aso. Heheh.. :D Joking lah.. But seems like u dun need the switches anymore..

Double sockets have to wait cos I may b changing my single to double, duno got left over..

Will let u noe again..

L3x

MLR,

we aso met our neighbour. Caught him red-handed for trespassing. :D

MBRpartitionwalkway1.jpg

If u dun mind to wait, I can give u the switches since Nex cannot use it liaoz..

L3x

Hi L3x

:dribble: Thanks, appreciate dat, can save some $$. I also nid the double socket for an extra point in the kitchen (too many electrical apppliance :P ) So if Nex don't nid them, can give me pls. :sport-smiley-004:

Hi L3x

:dribble: Thanks, appreciate dat, can save some $$. I also nid the double socket for an extra point in the kitchen (too many electrical apppliance :P ) So if Nex don't nid them, can give me pls. :sport-smiley-004:

thkx L3x for ur give-aways... but i think u will not have enough double outlets... haha... cos i change a few of the singles to my extra doubles, n nw i m left wif 2 extra singles... haha... so i doubt u will have enough oso... ;) i bought the double one le. price is $4/ea, after GST is $4.28 lor... ok la... cos at least manage to find the same ones...

MLR, If worse come to worse, (meaning L3x oso not enough), u can try to get them at Feng Sheng, its at Veerasamy Rd... near the HDB there one... they r stockist... and got many brands to choose from... like the Lagrand one, wif big big switch ones, older series single switch is selling at $1.80, (cos I help my Sis to buy, so i know the price, which she say she bought from those HomeFix shop for more than $10 each!!) its cheap... haha... tempt mi to change oso :bleah: ... but muz control!! ;)

but before u but switches, rem wat i mentiones, if not when u get there, u will oso become :dunno: or :unsure: or :jawdrop: one... hahaha... the how many gang switch, how many single, how many 2-way.

:seeya: Enjoy bah!!

Hi all,

Just like to check how many of you here changed your HDB room doors ah?

If yes, what kind did u all change to? And how much??

Still deciding... so need some comments...

Thanks!

Hi all,

Thanks!

Hi there,

I didnt change the rm doors... onli change the locks... and ofcos the paint... haha... cos decided to put some patterns or drawings (by DIY) on it... cos i feel a bit no point... in the end everyone the rm doors like the same one... so i opt for something different lor... :sport-smiley-004:

hopefully it goes well... if not later will :bangwall::bangwall::bangwall: hahaha....

Hi all,

Thanks!

Hi strawberri,

long time nvr c u post.. So hows ur reno getting on??

I didnt change the rm doors... onli change the locks... and ofcos the paint... haha... cos decided to put some patterns or drawings (by DIY) on it... cos i feel a bit no point... in the end everyone the rm doors like the same one... so i opt for something different lor... :sport-smiley-004:

hopefully it goes well... if not later will :bangwall::bangwall::bangwall: hahaha....

Me too.. :yeah:

My ID said dun waste the door & money, use 2 yrs or so den decide wana change or not.. He changed the door knobs & do some simple design for my doors.

I aso feel quite wasted to change it since nothing is wrong wif it. Furthermore, our doors shd not affect the outlook of the living & dining cos its 'hidden' at the common area.

But its still up to individuals, unless u really loathe the doors so much.

Mayb u can paint it 1st, den add some designs later on. If really still cannt make it, den change the door loh.. :D

L3x

thkx L3x for ur give-aways... but i think u will not have enough double outlets... haha... cos i change a few of the singles to my extra doubles, n nw i m left wif 2 extra singles... haha... so i doubt u will have enough oso... ;) i bought the double one le. price is $4/ea, after GST is $4.28 lor... ok la... cos at least manage to find the same ones...

MLR, If worse come to worse, (meaning L3x oso not enough), u can try to get them at Feng Sheng, its at Veerasamy Rd... near the HDB there one... they r stockist... and got many brands to choose from... like the Lagrand one, wif big big switch ones, older series single switch is selling at $1.80, (cos I help my Sis to buy, so i know the price, which she say she bought from those HomeFix shop for more than $10 each!!) its cheap... haha... tempt mi to change oso :bleah: ... but muz control!! ;)

but before u but switches, rem wat i mentiones, if not when u get there, u will oso become :dunno: or :unsure: or :jawdrop: one... hahaha... the how many gang switch, how many single, how many 2-way.

:seeya: Enjoy bah!!

Hi Nex, Thanks for the info. I think I wil get my renovator to go settle this.

Hows reno coming along?

Me too.. :yeah:

My ID said dun waste the door & money, use 2 yrs or so den decide wana change or not.. He changed the door knobs & do some simple design for my doors.

I aso feel quite wasted to change it since nothing is wrong wif it. Furthermore, our doors shd not affect the outlook of the living & dining cos its 'hidden' at the common area.

But its still up to individuals, unless u really loathe the doors so much.

Mayb u can paint it 1st, den add some designs later on. If really still cannt make it, den change the door loh.. :D

L3x

yah, tats wat i did... paint it first... if my drawing S**KS, then at most repaint it back then dont bother le lor... haha... anyway i m not good in drawing, not to mention painting... haha...

Hi Nex, Thanks for the info. I think I wil get my renovator to go settle this.

Hows reno coming along?

oh... then good lor... ID settle everything... cos my electrical not "bao" by my ID one... i got someone else to do it... :notti: a bit troublesome la... but at least can save a bit lor... haha... :dancingqueen:

Last 2 days i was doing my false ceiling "holes" for my down-lights one (and yes, i did it on Sun and Mon, PH, cos onli these 2 days free onli)... so tiring man... hai... bo bian... save money, so DIY... haha... :sport-smiley-003: dont say i neow hor!! I juz wn to save a bit n spend it on other things la... heehee...

anyway, today my ID got his man to go up and wash le.... then for the rest of the week, all the carpentary works will b up le... :dribble::dribble::dribble: but i m wondering if this the kind of wash i should b expecting... cos still quite dirty... hopefully after the carpentary works, he will get his man to go up and do a better one... :bow:

Hi all,

Thanks!

hi hi again ...

i changed ... around 850 for 3 room doors ... changed to veneer doors ...

the current HDB doors really cannot make it , thats what me and my wife thinks ... so change loh

yah, tats wat i did... paint it first... if my drawing S**KS, then at most repaint it back then dont bother le lor... haha... anyway i m not good in drawing, not to mention painting... haha...

oh... then good lor... ID settle everything... cos my electrical not "bao" by my ID one... i got someone else to do it... :notti: a bit troublesome la... but at least can save a bit lor... haha... :dancingqueen:

Last 2 days i was doing my false ceiling "holes" for my down-lights one (and yes, i did it on Sun and Mon, PH, cos onli these 2 days free onli)... so tiring man... hai... bo bian... save money, so DIY... haha... :sport-smiley-003: dont say i neow hor!! I juz wn to save a bit n spend it on other things la... heehee...

anyway, today my ID got his man to go up and wash le.... then for the rest of the week, all the carpentary works will b up le... :dribble::dribble::dribble: but i m wondering if this the kind of wash i should b expecting... cos still quite dirty... hopefully after the carpentary works, he will get his man to go up and do a better one... :bow:

Ya, saving money is very impt.. :notti:

I aso wana DIY my DL, but felt it troublesome n duno how so drop the idea. Can save alot.. So u did all the wiring ursel? Very :sport-smiley-003:

U have some electrical knowledge aso?? :notti:

hi hi again ...

i changed ... around 850 for 3 room doors ... changed to veneer doors ...

the current HDB doors really cannot make it , thats what me and my wife thinks ... so change loh

Ya, the HDB doors in original condition cannt make it. ;)

So hows ur reno going on?? Long time nvr c u update blog..

L3x

Edited by Lin & L3x

Ya, saving money is very impt.. :notti:

I aso wana DIY my DL, but felt it troublesome n duno how so drop the idea. Can save alot.. So u did all the wiring ursel? Very :sport-smiley-003:

U have some electrical knowledge aso?? :notti:

L3x

Eh.... not really i did the whole wiring thingy la... but my FIL, my little wife, and her uncle lor... her uncle is an ex-electrician, so he guide, i do lor... haha... :notti:

I got the basic knowledge onli la... cos last time i study mechatronics... so got learn electrical oso... but onli "pi mao"... haha... i onli know got Red/Brown , Black/Blue, and Green/Green & Yellow... haha...Live, Neutral, Earth respectively.... tats all i know... the rest return to teacher le... 8|

but we not pro, and first time do this kind of thing... end up wasting 2days... argh.... :( cos i know DC circuit more than AC circuit.... :bleah:

Eh.... not really i did the whole wiring thingy la... but my FIL, my little wife, and her uncle lor... her uncle is an ex-electrician, so he guide, i do lor... haha... :notti:

I got the basic knowledge onli la... cos last time i study mechatronics... so got learn electrical oso... but onli "pi mao"... haha... i onli know got Red/Brown , Black/Blue, and Green/Green & Yellow... haha...Live, Neutral, Earth respectively.... tats all i know... the rest return to teacher le... 8|

but we not pro, and first time do this kind of thing... end up wasting 2days... argh.... :( cos i know DC circuit more than AC circuit.... :bleah:

Good loh, got 'gao ren' guide u.. :D

Ok lah, I read somewhere other ppl aso took 2 days to wire up. Can save abt $1000++ in electrical works.. So when u plan to move in??

L3x