Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kingzkong

Anybody In Yung Sheng Rd? (july 07 Ballot)

Felix,

yeah. But I tink its called Jurong East St 31, Blk 353. Dun worry, Ideal House bring their customers to buy lightings there. :yamseng:

Strawberri,

I dun tink HDB will entertain, citing u have started reno. Cos Stry aso hav problem even to replace the hollow tiles. But u can still try. :yamseng:

Anyway, the frame has to b hacked if change door after the tiles r laid. Very messy.. :furious:

Duno how to explain. My blog got pic, u can c wat i meant.

L3x

Luckily me and lex met up before his reno ... lol

got chance to change ...

Nice nice

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Luckily me and lex met up before his reno ... lol

got chance to change ...

Nice nice

Ya, thx dude.. :D

So how much u paid for the tiles frm Patrick?

MLR,

I hav studied n jus installed my trunking today. Very problematic :furious:

Actually, mainly cos of our building structure(beams & pillars). Very difficult to advise. Like me, I jus use a 18k for living.

Stick to Mitsubishi, Daikin to b safe.

Either 1 blower or 2 blowers, we can only choose to install on the toilet wall/dining wall/living wall loh..

Jus dun get (L6), frm my study, tink someting wrong wif their aircon. Leakage, etc. Even Hong Tar has to replace 1-for-1 for them, & didnt use back L6.

Hoped got help u in some way..

:notti:

L3x

Nex,

I tink its Hafary. Better clarify wif him again, later ask u top up. But I tink if teres a need to top-up, he shd hav informed u earlier.

Second wat u hav said. We all go Chinese Garden easier. Save all the trouble. Btw, I bought my lightings today. $$$

Mayb u can try Poh Joo, Royal Franco. RF's sanitaries quite cheap, but not for stove etc..

:yamseng:

:seeya: in blog

L3x

Hi Lin,

Where is Poh Joo and Rayol Franco ?

Btw, just to share with everyone...

COURTS Ang Mo Kio is having an store opening sale.

So for anyone who's looking to buy electronic appliances like kitchen blenders, fan etc...now's the chance..

Edited by strychnine

Hi Lin,

Where is Poh Joo and Rayol Franco ?

Btw, just to share with everyone...

COURTS Ang Mo Kio is having an store opening sale.

So for anyone who's looking to buy electronic appliances like kitchen blenders, fan etc...now's the chance..

Poh Joo got 3 outlets, all at Jalan Besar. The one most of the ppl went to is the one at 159, Jalan Besar.

Btw, heres the address:

http://www.pohjoo.com.sg/contacts.html

Royal Franco is jus a few stores further down.

Hoped u got ur ideal sanitary there. Personally, I felt RF is cheaper lah but have to wait for them to serve u cos only 2 saleperson in the store. Boss Henry & his wife.

L3x

MLR,

I hav studied n jus installed my trunking today. Very problematic :furious:

Actually, mainly cos of our building structure(beams & pillars). Very difficult to advise. Like me, I jus use a 18k for living.

Stick to Mitsubishi, Daikin to b safe.

Either 1 blower or 2 blowers, we can only choose to install on the toilet wall/dining wall/living wall loh..

Jus dun get (L6), frm my study, tink someting wrong wif their aircon. Leakage, etc. Even Hong Tar has to replace 1-for-1 for them, & didnt use back L6.

Hoped got help u in some way..

:notti:

L3x

Nex,

I tink its Hafary. Better clarify wif him again, later ask u top up. But I tink if teres a need to top-up, he shd hav informed u earlier.

Second wat u hav said. We all go Chinese Garden easier. Save all the trouble. Btw, I bought my lightings today. $$$

Mayb u can try Poh Joo, Royal Franco. RF's sanitaries quite cheap, but not for stove etc..

:seeya: in blog

L3x

yah... i check wif him le... he assured mi that there is no top up... cos i sign on the dotted line le... everything is fixed le... even if he miscalculated anything, i still do not have to top up anything... heehee... :notti:

So u went Poh Joo and RF to buy sanitaries?? hmmm.... i went tat area today... but to Hoe Kee.... actually wanted to get my Kitchen sink, and some others... but after tat went to Sim SC... then realise that the accessories sold at Hoe Kee is cheaper... but Sink sold at Sim is cheaper... hahaha... :dribble: but still deciding where to get wat... but since u say PJ and RF things r cheaper, then muz c when free to go and c again... :D

anyway i didnt do anything to my bathrooms... BUT since u say things at RF is relatively cheap... mayb go there c their basin.... cos buttock itchy!! hahaha... :P

yah... i check wif him le... he assured mi that there is no top up... cos i sign on the dotted line le... everything is fixed le... even if he miscalculated anything, i still do not have to top up anything... heehee... :notti:

So u went Poh Joo and RF to buy sanitaries?? hmmm.... i went tat area today... but to Hoe Kee.... actually wanted to get my Kitchen sink, and some others... but after tat went to Sim SC... then realise that the accessories sold at Hoe Kee is cheaper... but Sink sold at Sim is cheaper... hahaha... :dribble: but still deciding where to get wat... but since u say PJ and RF things r cheaper, then muz c when free to go and c again... :D

anyway i didnt do anything to my bathrooms... BUT since u say things at RF is relatively cheap... mayb go there c their basin.... cos buttock itchy!! hahaha... :P

Hi Nex,

ok. :good: Den ur reno really worthwhile.. :yamseng:

I went to (HK, SSC, Asia Excel) at IMM, PJ, RF. I find tat RF's basin & taps r cheaper. But nw aft tinking, duno worthwhile for all the effort/time/petrol spent. ;)

Hi Lin

Sorry... but wat is L6 dat u mentioned about in the study???

Thx...

:fire: LG

Hee.. Personal preference.. So which brand & model u taking?

Seems like Kun Seng having sale, mayb u can call & check..

L3x

Hi L3x

Thx for the info... erh.... I wil not buy any LG products, had bad experience... Bought their fridge & washer some years ago, washer broke down less than 3 years and fridge 6 mths after... both motor problems....But theres r some pple swear by their LCD TV.... could b dat their technology get better these years. And must say their blower looks nicer than most other brands.

I will most probably go for Toshiba (made in Japan) or Fujitsu (office unit still working after 8 years :good: ) My office is in industrial area and we r rite next to veri bz road (tons of dusts). Can't afford Daikin and don't quite trust Mit.... My office's Fujitsu outlasts Mit... :good:

Btw, where u put the blower in the living area?

Thx

Hi Nex,

ok. :good: Den ur reno really worthwhile.. :yamseng:

I went to (HK, SSC, Asia Excel) at IMM, PJ, RF. I find tat RF's basin & taps r cheaper. But nw aft tinking, duno worthwhile for all the effort/time/petrol spent. ;)

:fire: LG

Hee.. Personal preference.. So which brand & model u taking?

Seems like Kun Seng having sale, mayb u can call & check..

L3x

Quite true on the part of "effort/time/petrol" thingy... cos tats wat i told my wife oso... haha... :P cos if those few places r dirty cheap, tats a snatch... otherwise, no point u can save a few bucks, but waste ur time and petrol to get there... anyway, currently i m living in jurong oso, so might as well go IMM and purchase these stuffs... :sport-smiley-018:

Base on my rough calculations, i could have saved abt $50, but if there is anything wrong wif the product when it is delivered, i dont think i wan to travel to so far, juz to get it changed. If dont change, in the end, compromise this, compromise tat... end up, not happy... :curse: and after deducting the petrol, i think i onli save probably $20!! :bow: so forget it... haha... :yamseng:

So, Today finally got my precious off.... then i went to HK and SSC to place my orders for all those toilet acc, and kitchen items... the price that HK quoted mi was actually quite good... :jawdrop: cos i ask for a bit of discount, and surprisingly they r willing to give mi!! haha... :notti: so i dont wait le... juz buy, then dont go other place to compare le... haha.... if not later :furious:

nw i think i had got most of the stuffs ready le, onli left my heater... which i abit headache... hai... :( oh yah, and my fridge and W/M.... dont intend to rush and buy TV and Audio set... cos can wait for BIG BIG SALE!! :notti:

oh yah, my ID called mi to ask mi to go up and check the floorings this thur, c where not happy, then still got time to rectify... hmmm... seems like he got do his work one... :thumbs up: those workers r very efficient... use onli 8days to complete it!! Think they oso wan to collect money faster... haha...

Hi L3x

Thx for the info... erh.... I wil not buy any LG products, had bad experience... Bought their fridge & washer some years ago, washer broke down less than 3 years and fridge 6 mths after... both motor problems....But theres r some pple swear by their LCD TV.... could b dat their technology get better these years. And must say their blower looks nicer than most other brands.

I will most probably go for Toshiba (made in Japan) or Fujitsu (office unit still working after 8 years :good: ) My office is in industrial area and we r rite next to veri bz road (tons of dusts). Can't afford Daikin and don't quite trust Mit.... My office's Fujitsu outlasts Mit... :good:

Btw, where u put the blower in the living area?

Thx

I put the blower at the Living area, cos dun wan to cool my food in the dining. Dining not so hot as compared wif Living even in hot afternoon these few days..

Quite true on the part of "effort/time/petrol" thingy... cos tats wat i told my wife oso... haha... :P cos if those few places r dirty cheap, tats a snatch... otherwise, no point u can save a few bucks, but waste ur time and petrol to get there... anyway, currently i m living in jurong oso, so might as well go IMM and purchase these stuffs... :sport-smiley-018:

Base on my rough calculations, i could have saved abt $50, but if there is anything wrong wif the product when it is delivered, i dont think i wan to travel to so far, juz to get it changed. If dont change, in the end, compromise this, compromise tat... end up, not happy... :curse: and after deducting the petrol, i think i onli save probably $20!! :bow: so forget it... haha... :yamseng:

So, Today finally got my precious off.... then i went to HK and SSC to place my orders for all those toilet acc, and kitchen items... the price that HK quoted mi was actually quite good... :jawdrop: cos i ask for a bit of discount, and surprisingly they r willing to give mi!! haha... :notti: so i dont wait le... juz buy, then dont go other place to compare le... haha.... if not later :furious:

nw i think i had got most of the stuffs ready le, onli left my heater... which i abit headache... hai... :( oh yah, and my fridge and W/M.... dont intend to rush and buy TV and Audio set... cos can wait for BIG BIG SALE!! :notti:

oh yah, my ID called mi to ask mi to go up and check the floorings this thur, c where not happy, then still got time to rectify... hmmm... seems like he got do his work one... :thumbs up: those workers r very efficient... use onli 8days to complete it!! Think they oso wan to collect money faster... haha...

Ya loh, no choice. Those 20bucks, forget it loh.

Ya, buy already dun look back & compare. Hahha..

I aso looking for heaters leh, instant??? Any particular brand u looking at?

So excited to c ur reno progressing aso.. :sport-smiley-004:

L3x

I put the blower at the Living area, cos dun wan to cool my food in the dining. Dining not so hot as compared wif Living even in hot afternoon these few days..

Ya loh, no choice. Those 20bucks, forget it loh.

Ya, buy already dun look back & compare. Hahha..

I aso looking for heaters leh, instant??? Any particular brand u looking at?

So excited to c ur reno progressing aso.. :sport-smiley-004:

L3x

hmmm... i oso dont know wan to get wat brand... but confirm instant heater lor... my in-laws r using Amasco... they say really very hot... cos hot until spoil!! :bow: wahahaha... dont know how they use one... but its proven sure hot thingy lor... but my wife say buy a more established brand, like 707... then i ask around my friend who juz completed his reno, he told mi that Citygas is giving FREE water heater!! :notti: the kind that uses gas to heat up water one... but he say that was the promo at that time la... which is less than a month ago...

so i plan to call them up n c if they still have any promo on tis... cos its quite interesting... haha... :yamseng:

how abt u?? wat brand u looking at?

Hi Nex

Yes, CITIGAS is hving promo for the 5L model, and they r hving new 8L gas heater coming in mid May, these r the only 2 models approved for hdb flats. We r waiting for the 8L unit to come in. Its not exactly free... u still hv to pay for the installation and the piping that runs to the heater which is normally outside the common toilet. After much comparison, gas heater is stil more economical in the long run.... gas is stil cheaper than electricity. Only down side is dat if both toilet is using the hot water, supply will be affected, dat Y we r waiting for the bigger 8L unit to come in. Btw, the brand is RINNAI.

Edited by MLR

hmmm... i oso dont know wan to get wat brand... but confirm instant heater lor... my in-laws r using Amasco... they say really very hot... cos hot until spoil!! :bow: wahahaha... dont know how they use one... but its proven sure hot thingy lor... but my wife say buy a more established brand, like 707... then i ask around my friend who juz completed his reno, he told mi that Citygas is giving FREE water heater!! :notti: the kind that uses gas to heat up water one... but he say that was the promo at that time la... which is less than a month ago...

so i plan to call them up n c if they still have any promo on tis... cos its quite interesting... haha... :yamseng:

how abt u?? wat brand u looking at?

Hi Nex

Yes, CITIGAS is hving promo for the 5L model, and they r hving new 8L gas heater coming in mid May, these r the only 2 models approved for hdb flats. We r waiting for the *l unit to come in. Its not exactly free... u still hv to pay for the installation and the piping that runs to the heater which is normally outside the common toilet. After much comparison, gas heater is stil more economical in the long run.... gas is stil cheaper than electricity. Only down side is dat if both toilet is using the hot water, supply will be affected, dat Y we r waiting for the bigger 8L unit to come in.

I am looking at instant heaters, shd b 707..

Some information to share wif u all, so u can decide which type of heater to go for.

Storage Heater

Pro:

1. Cheaper utility bills cos electricity is converted frm gas, gas storage heater frm Citygas.

2. Able to provide hot & cold water through the house.

3. Looks neater.

4. Can have chio chio rain shower head or bath-tub. :notti:

Con:

1. Have to ON it 30mins prior to usage. Unless ur heater is always ON, but will consume more electricity.

2. Have to run the gas piping for the heater.

3. Have to run piping for the cold/hot water aso.

4. Rain shower waste more water. If u r not having rain shower, must as well use instant.

5. Tank is relatively big & obvious.

Personally, I feel tat it is ideal for Premium flats wif all the conceal pipings provided by HDB. :)

Instant Heater

Pro:

1. Use it instantly, no need to wait.

2. Cheaper utility bills, unless u keep the water running even when ur applying shampoo. Heheh..

3. Cheaper labour & installation costs.

Con:

1. May scald ursel if u forget to let the water run for a few seconds after u turn OFF the tap, cos the water inside the heater is still being heat.

2. Cannot have rain shower or bath-tub.

3. The heater will b unsightly to some ppl.. :unsure:

L3x

Hi L3x

According to wat i understand, gas heater is not tank storage, its like the instant heater, xcept a little bigger and the 8L capacity means dat it can heat up 8L of water flow. it wil take a while like instant heater to heat up, as for consumption...once u turn off the tap, its off. We r using it for both toilets and the kitchen sink. As for rain shower, we are getting the mixer separate from the rose wif a regular shower spray for a quick shower. The usual storage tank is an eyesore and also may hv leakage from the tank after a few years.

Info from Citygas: http://www.citygas.com.sg/index.php?option...=58#product_div

Hi L3x

According to wat i understand, gas heater is not tank storage, its like the instant heater, xcept a little bigger and the 8L capacity means dat it can heat up 8L of water flow. it wil take a while like instant heater to heat up, as for consumption...once u turn off the tap, its off. We r using it for both toilets and the kitchen sink. As for rain shower, we are getting the mixer separate from the rose wif a regular shower spray for a quick shower. The usual storage tank is an eyesore and also may hv leakage from the tank after a few years.

Info from Citygas: http://www.citygas.com.sg/index.php?option...=58#product_div

Hi MLR,

hmmm... juz checked wif Citygas... he told mi installation for gas piping to my stove is a standard $100 charge. Then i ask abt the Heater, he told mi its $148... but i suppose its juz the heater w/o the installation bah... :dunno: so u know how much r they actually charging to run the gas piping to tis heater?? is it another $100??

Hi L3x,

The "Instant Heater" by Citygas one and wat u buy outside that kind one, and definately not the same as the storage one... no same same de!! :D I analyse for u:

1)Citygas one (Rinnai) is heat water using gas, not electric. (U save on elect, cos gas cheaper. dont worry if gas will go up anot, cos if gas goes up, elect sure go up oso one... its all related!) :notti:

2)Its not a storage type, tats y its onli 8L (looks nicer, not bulky) :good:

3)When u turn on, it takes the same amount of time u take to heat up the instant heater. (in abt a min from my understanding, definately not 20 - 30 mins tat kind) ;)

4)It can be installed away from toilet (but i think tats the onli place since our hse got no service balcony) :(

The water "inlet" (to the heater) installation method is exactly like how normal heaters r run. same goes for the "outlet" (which is to ur shower head). (nothing complicated, except for an additional running of gas piping to the Gas Heater. :bleah:

Think tats all bah... :sport-smiley-004:

Pardon mi if there is any mistakes... this is to my best understanding among "Instant Heater", "Storage Tank" and "Gas Instant Heater".... Pls feel free to correct mi if anything wrong... :bath:

Thankx... :yamseng: