Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kingzkong

Anybody In Yung Sheng Rd? (july 07 Ballot)

hi Nex,

I am oso thinkG of getG Urban, how you find their workmanship? And who is you ID?

Hi BukitB,

The co. is ok la so far... cos i check wif my ID, he say they have their own carpentary workshop, so indirectly we, the consumer, will benefit, cos cut down one "middleman", tats y in the end i decide to let them do. cos majority of the works r carpentary...

Anything that is non-carpentary, my ID allow mi to go n look for my own contractors, but ofcos u have to do ur own coordination, so its quite tedious and taxing... but so far most of the things i ask him to settle one. so i no need to get so vex... haha... :dancingqueen:

workmanship wise, i onli can say those contractors that he got to lay my floor ones are good... (i juz completed my flooring onli) others got to give mi a bit of time to update u. cos this wk then they put up my "L-box" and false ceilings... haha... :yamseng:

my ID is Nic... he is the tall guy... most of the time at BT one... very friendly... very easy-going... very accommodating... and can give mi the advise that i needed.... get a quote from them bah... :good: Juz to quote an example: I told him i wanted white laminate for my wall feature wif TV console, and he got the designers at their Co. to design, mix, and match the colour until nice nice... :good::good:

I tink the trunking is still laid even though theres no wire in it, cos HDB tink its weird with 1 side of the wall wif trunking & the other side of the wall without trunking? :dunno:

But I try to remove the trunking as much as possible if dun require. :notti:

I'm shortlisting for rack aso, stainless steel one.. :sport-smiley-018:

Duno we can get a better price wif bulk purchases..

Dun like tat leh..

Made my heart sway to & fro. :rofl:

Heheh..

L3x

I oso tot of tearing it down... but after so considering, i decided not to tear it down, cos i got false ceiling to cover it up le... if, and a very big IF, i ever were to tear down my false ceiling, then no need to put new trunking le... haha... :notti:

as for the rack, do let mi know if u got any good quotes... haha... then count mi in leh... haha... :yamseng: but first, think muz find some time to go up and measure the area which can be utilise... then call up to ask for quote... :sport-smiley-003:

for the heater... i think on the long run, its really saves u on energy bills... but the chances of it spoiling... dont think anyone here can ans... cos tis kind of products r still quite new... but wont b as fequent as the storage type one... cos it cant store water, which after a period of time, will start leaking one, which a few of whom i know kanna it le... :o so i think u really got to give it some serious thought... :sport-smiley-004:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

for the heater... i think on the long run, its really saves u on energy bills... but the chances of it spoiling... dont think anyone here can ans... cos tis kind of products r still quite new... but wont b as fequent as the storage type one... cos it cant store water, which after a period of time, will start leaking one, which a few of whom i know kanna it le... :o so i think u really got to give it some serious thought... :sport-smiley-004:

Hi Nex, L3x

After checking around wif pple who is using gas heater, its lifespan is definately longer than 5 years, cos unlike storage, it wouldn't rust/leak... as for instant heater, due to constant pushing/turning of controls lasts about 3 to 5 years. My problem wif them is the thermostat control, different brands/models sets it differently. Difficult to determine which is suitable, cos we like to shower with full blasts in the morning to wake us up.....

Again wif regards to stainless steel racks, check for which grade of ss. If u are looking for ss, theres a store at Geylang Road named Jin Yu, they hv quite a gd range of dimensions, they stocked those nice looking ones that is sold in Ikea and also prices very much cheaper than Ikea and furniture stores. We r lookg at some galvanised ones which is much cheaper.

as for the rack, do let mi know if u got any good quotes... haha... then count mi in leh... haha... :yamseng: but first, think muz find some time to go up and measure the area which can be utilise... then call up to ask for quote... :sport-smiley-003:

The racks tat I have shortlisted, have to DIY. But its fine wif me cos I intend to put 2 tall racks only. :dunno:

Hi Nex, L3x

After checking around wif pple who is using gas heater, its lifespan is definately longer than 5 years, cos unlike storage, it wouldn't rust/leak... as for instant heater, due to constant pushing/turning of controls lasts about 3 to 5 years. My problem wif them is the thermostat control, different brands/models sets it differently. Difficult to determine which is suitable, cos we like to shower with full blasts in the morning to wake us up.....

Wow.. both of ur giving me hope tat its within means again. Kekek.. :D

I do some calculation 1st..

-Gas Heater c/w. gas pipes installation=$148

-Water pipings for the hot water=??? (how much both of u r quote?)

-MBR mixer & shower head=$300???

-Common toilet mixer & shower head=??? (simple one roughly how much??)

wif regards to stainless steel racks, check for which grade of ss. If u are looking for ss, theres a store at Geylang Road named Jin Yu, they hv quite a gd range of dimensions, they stocked those nice looking ones that is sold in Ikea and also prices very much cheaper than Ikea and furniture stores. We r lookg at some galvanised ones which is much cheaper.

Do u have the exact add? Mayb can go take a look when I shop for my curtians at Jimmy's. :notti:

:yamseng:

L3x

Edited by Lin & L3x

The racks tat I have shortlisted, have to DIY. But its fine wif me cos I intend to put 2 tall racks only. :dunno:

-Water pipings for the hot water=??? (how much both of u r quote?)

-MBR mixer & shower head=$300???

-Common toilet mixer & shower head=??? (simple one roughly how much??)

Do u have the exact add? Mayb can go take a look when I shop for my curtians at Jimmy's. :notti:

L3x

I was quoted $450 for copper for hot & cold pipes to both toilets and kitchen sink.

If u want the rain shower set, the cheapest and ok quality(dat I came across) is SIMS from Sim Siang Choon around $200. The simple type can be from $40+ to $200+. The brand ROZ from Hoe Kee is pretty affordable too. Frankly speaking, I would pay a bit more for taps and such, cos to replace them later would costs more... plumber charges min $60 to $80 per trip excluding parts.

Jin Yu Trading is @676 Geylang Road. Can try to ask for discounts if u can self-collect and DIY. Its a pretty simple system to set up. I was quoted 5' breadth x 6' height x 20" width : $218, 4' breadth was $188.

Btw, wheres Jimmy's, I m looking for blinds/curtain maker. Thx....

I was quoted $450 for copper for hot & cold pipes to both toilets and kitchen sink.

If u want the rain shower set, the cheapest and ok quality(dat I came across) is SIMS from Sim Siang Choon around $200. The simple type can be from $40+ to $200+. The brand ROZ from Hoe Kee is pretty affordable too. Frankly speaking, I would pay a bit more for taps and such, cos to replace them later would costs more... plumber charges min $60 to $80 per trip excluding parts.

Jin Yu Trading is @676 Geylang Road. Can try to ask for discounts if u can self-collect and DIY. Its a pretty simple system to set up. I was quoted 5' breadth x 6' height x 20" width : $218, 4' breadth was $188.

Btw, wheres Jimmy's, I m looking for blinds/curtain maker. Thx....

Ok, go recee the rain shower set 1st.. So u already ordered ur storage rack? Can post pics, let me take a look.. :notti:

Jimmy Textiles ( Curtain shop )

Blk 845 Geylang Road #01-05,

Tanjong Katong Complex

Singapore 400845

T: 6745 6780

Opening Hours : 8.30am – 6pm

L3x

Ok, go recee the rain shower set 1st.. So u already ordered ur storage rack? Can post pics, let me take a look.. :notti:

Jimmy Textiles ( Curtain shop )

Blk 845 Geylang Road #01-05,

Tanjong Katong Complex

Singapore 400845

T: 6745 6780

Opening Hours : 8.30am – 6pm

L3x

Hi L3x

Thanks for the info.

No, we hvn't order the racks, a little too early for us to do that now. My hb got contact for the galvanised type, price about 30% cheaper than the SS type, most probably going for that. Wil be going to check it out in a couple of weeks time, wil take some pics and post them here...

This is the contact for the galvanised boltless store rack.

Sim Win Liang Pte Ltd

15 Little Rd #01-01 S(536988)

Tel : 62966692 Fax : 6288 8544

Its $160 for a 5 ft width and $110 for 3ft. includes delivery and installation.

quote name='Lin & L3x' post='292027' date='May 6 2008, 11:08 AM'

-Water pipings for the hot water=??? (how much both of u r quote?) i was quoted $200 per bathroom (this amount include chill water and hot water for the mixer, so it will b $400. but in the end i ask my ID to quote mi for the whole hse, which is $850. cos tis amount will include all, chill water (to kitchen sink, W/M, toilets) and hot water (to both toilets shower points) pipings... cos our present hse r run using PVC... (most of them told mi after 5yrs, will start leaking here and there, due to the water preesure) so better change nw than regret later...

-MBR mixer & shower head=$300??? so far, i saw the cheapest mixer was $45, at hardware stores, but not nice one lor... haha... :notti: then shower heads, juz a simple one, w/o the rain type one, can b anything from $40 to $200... depend on wat u r looking for... those that can massage one is around $60 to $100... oso depend on the model... :unsure:

rain type one oso depend on wat u wan, cos got juz a 1)rain shower, w/o any other things, or 2)with an additional attached shower head, or 3)rain shower, plus addn attached shower head, plus tap. or 4) all in no.3 plus mixer... tats y MLR is saying the price range is very big... so look carefully when u r choosing... not all same same one...

-Common toilet mixer & shower head=??? (simple one roughly how much??) a simple mixer, $45 and a simple shower head, $35. total $80 :notti:

L3x

Edited by Nex

Thanx for the info... really helped a lot... haha... ;) after seeing ur post, i quickly called my ID to confirm use copper, cos think tis wk they r installing it le... heehee...

Hi Nex,

Thks thks, thks for the info.

I went BT oso then Kenneth serve us. Say he is one of the owner,find him abit cocky. He dun direct ans to my quest. and kept tellG me how experience he is. AwaitG his quote.

Hi Nex,

Thks thks, thks for the info.

I went BT oso then Kenneth serve us. Say he is one of the owner,find him abit cocky. He dun direct ans to my quest. and kept tellG me how experience he is. AwaitG his quote.

No prob BukitB... if i m not wrong, kenneth is the shorter guy... cos i onli know there r 2 guys there onli... haha... from the way u say ken... like very different from Nic... haha... but no matter wat, if he can give u wat u wanted, then its fine lor... if not, who cares about how many monkey years he is in this line... haha... :dancingqueen:

actually one thing i like is that my ID allow mi to make last min changes.... not in the sense of, nw want to do then i say no la... but in the sense that the contract has already been signed, but i still make changes... and he is ok wif it... haha... thats y i say he is good... :good:

juz nw went up to my hse and see wat has been dont for tis wk...

1) my chill water pipes r up, but not the hot water one... ;) cos got to wait for my mixer to arrive on Fri...

2) the gas pipe is up... oh yah, my gas heater is oso up le.... surprising... cos Citygas say got to wait until 15May one... :unsure:

3) my false ceiling for the whole hse is up too... :sport-smiley-003:

4) the platform for my MBR is still in progress when i went off... :good:

5) platform in living is not done yet... onli have the wooden planks in place... :dancingqueen:

quite efficient... today onli the 3rd day of the wk wor!! haha... :sport-smiley-004:

1) my chill water pipes r up, but not the hot water one... ;) cos got to wait for my mixer to arrive on Fri...

2) the gas pipe is up... oh yah, my gas heater is oso up le.... surprising... cos Citygas say got to wait until 15May one... :unsure:

5) platform in living is not done yet... onli have the wooden planks in place... :dancingqueen:

quite efficient... today onli the 3rd day of the wk wor!! haha... :sport-smiley-004:

Hi Nex

Wow...dats good progress. :thumbs up:

U mean the Rinnai 8L gas heater has been installed?! They told me it would be available only in 15th May too....

Duno y I feel so eager to look at ur reno.. :notti:

Hi Nex

Wow...dats good progress. :thumbs up:

U mean the Rinnai 8L gas heater has been installed?! They told me it would be available only in 15th May too....

Mayb his ID laise, faster.. :dunno:

Hi guys

New topic: KITCHEN DOOR. Wat r ur id suggestions? Bi-fold solid wood wif glass / swing glass..... Trying to decide whether to pay $1k for bi-fold solid wood wif frost glass panel or get PDDOOR woodgrain laminate with glass for half the price...

Any suggestions? Thx

Hi guys

New topic: KITCHEN DOOR. Wat r ur id suggestions? Bi-fold solid wood wif glass / swing glass..... Trying to decide whether to pay $1k for bi-fold solid wood wif frost glass panel or get PDDOOR woodgrain laminate with glass for half the price...

Any suggestions? Thx

I'm using glass swing door. Tink I saw somebody's blog wif bi-fold solid wood wif frosted glass panel.

Read frm somewhere PDdoor always caught the fingers, but some ppl praise it. I tink its up to how the end-user use it..

Is ur kitchen country style? Cos noe tat ur going for wood cabinets, but nvr gotto c any pics.

If so, mayb u can install those swing half-door. Like american country style of kitchen. Duno u understand wat I mean. Heheh..

L3x

Hi guys

Any suggestions? Thx

i rather dun put if i have a choice... but my wife wants it badly