Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mlsh

Stove Positioning

Hi Everyone,

Please kindly advice where is it better to place the stove in general?

A or B

If at position A, it will face part of the basin + windows + main pipe + the service balcony door. The washing machine is right at the end of the washing maching. If position A, the stove will face East.

If at position A, we a stainless steel stove side cover for protection against small children from overturning any pot on the stove. So this cover will cover the both the side and the front of the stove, wonder will this help?

If at position B, it will face part of the kitchen entrance which in turn will also face part of the room door at further end. The service balcony door will face it at 90 degree right with the washing machine also there. If position B, the stove will face South.

Please kindly advise. Thanks.

kitchenle0.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

How about A) stove and B) basin. And your window can place a small breakfast table.

B) for stove is definately out as I read from MACE thread.

How about A) stove and B) basin. And your window can place a small breakfast table.

B) for stove is definately out as I read from MACE thread.

Hmm.... ID said that the pipe cannot shift to position B and the sink will have to be at the window side.

nonsense. it can be done. depend whether your id want or dont want

Really??? But the drainage pipe will be block by the service balcony door.

But if the basin is to stay, the best position is still at A???

Edited by mlsh

Hi, wanted to continue on this old thread as I have a headache as to where to place my stove.

Can the stove share the same wall as the toilet? I mean on one side of the wall is the stove (inside the wet kitchen) and the other side of that wall is the toilet (outside the wet kitchen).

I mean, I cant see the toilet from where you are standing at the stove cos it is on the other side of the wall. Nor can I hear the flushing of the toilet cos there is a sliding door to the wet kitchen as well.

Please advise thanks.

Hi, wanted to continue on this old thread as I have a headache as to where to place my stove.

Can the stove share the same wall as the toilet? I mean on one side of the wall is the stove (inside the wet kitchen) and the other side of that wall is the toilet (outside the wet kitchen).

I mean, I cant see the toilet from where you are standing at the stove cos it is on the other side of the wall. Nor can I hear the flushing of the toilet cos there is a sliding door to the wet kitchen as well.

Please advise thanks.

Hi!

In olden day China, it is not advisable to have Stove and Water in opposite placement becos the Stove then is really big Fire.

But today, our stove are 'mini' Fire and many household hardly cook! Anyway, the principle is to avoid opposite placement. Side placement with a gap is fine.

Actually, in authentic Fengshui this Water/Fire placement is secondary. It IS the location of the Stove in overall house layout which is important.

But since most ppl cannot choose which of HOUSE sector to place Stove, then the mitigation is to locate the Stove WITHIN a suitable sector of the KITCHEN with good facing (relative to the main income generator of the family). Big Tai Ji vs. small Tai Ji.

The methods to use are all the Zi Bai methods - 8 Mansion - House Gua, and Zi Bai Xing etc.

If you are not sure, better get a FSM with good knowledge/skill in Xuan Kong.

cheers!