Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kajua

Kajua Nest

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Thanks all for the valuable feedback. Need to place the stove at that area due to Fengshui reason. Actually I did consider about the space problem at the stove area. Was expecting a longer cabinet too My ID say the length is 4ft, so am still trying to figure out how much space I will have after putting the stove. Probably like what greycat suggest, do a foldable or pull-up flap !!

applefreak, now that you mention about the heat, sounds logical. looks like must reconsider the cabinet design liao. there will be a shower kerb in the common toilet, ID didn't include in the drawing :notti:

i faced with the same problem, the placing of my stove isn't that great too. as advised by my geomancer, the stove can not face the door, fridge or sink. in the end we had no choice but to position the stove away from window and near to the opposite wall. :o part of the stove also face the door due to space constraint.

i notice your sink is facing the window, any comment/s from your fs master? iirc in fs, it's not advisable to have water flowing out of the house. just my 2cts :bleah:

Kpo me here again......jus curious oso, haf u ever thot of repositioning ur kitchen opening? Thk ur stove is also side-facing ur toilet door rite?

Hee, im the sort who thks abt repositioning everything, even askd my hubby if I cld change the opening of the toilet door :bangwall: ...hee....Actually so long as ur comfortable with ur layout, den good enuff oredi :blink:

yes i agree that's a great idea, didn't think of that 8|

you getting gas or eletric stove? if electric can do a pull out table, gas cannot liao :bangwall:

mine is gas stove, i supposed got to do those flip-up type

i faced with the same problem, the placing of my stove isn't that great too. as advised by my geomancer, the stove can not face the door, fridge or sink. in the end we had no choice but to position the stove away from window and near to the opposite wall. :~ part of the stove also face the door due to space constraint.

i notice your sink is facing the window, any comment/s from your fs master? iirc in fs, it's not advisable to have water flowing out of the house. just my 2cts 8|

i consulted a few fs master, apparently all suggest placing the stove at the opposite wall and none say cannot place the sink in front of the window. maybe because the sink is back facing the window? meaning the water is flowing in instead?? :blink:

Kpo me here again......jus curious oso, haf u ever thot of repositioning ur kitchen opening? Thk ur stove is also side-facing ur toilet door rite?

Hee, im the sort who thks abt repositioning everything, even askd my hubby if I cld change the opening of the toilet door :yamseng: ...hee....Actually so long as ur comfortable with ur layout, den good enuff oredi :)

agree with you, but most important thing is kajua must feel comfortable bah

if me i'd change the toilet door to the balcony, better flow esp when entertaining at home

guests no need to watch through kitchen to get to the toilet, and so won't see the mess in the kitchen :dancingqueen: !!

Hee, im the sort who thks abt repositioning everything, even askd my hubby if I cld change the opening of the toilet door !! ...hee....Actually so long as ur comfortable with ur layout, den good enuff oredi :unsure:

ya, the stove is side-facing the toilet door, but luckily it's some distance apart. hehehe... actually i did thought of repositioning too... first time having own house mah, so will think of all kind of ideas. even thought of repositioning the mbr and other rooms opening :yamseng: better not let my htb see this, else he will :) . ultimately, can't reposition the kitchen opening la, budget constraint :dancingqueen:

Wah apple-jie, good idea! !! Den hor....can consider do Balinese-style walkin to toilet frm balcony... :yamseng: Cool manz....~! :unsure:

When I was doin my reno, I wantd to put a bathtub in the living rm balcony, kena :unsure: by hubby, hehe :unsure:

Pls pardon us Kajua, we r jus having fun fantasizing abt ur layout n what we can do wif it....hehehe, guess 1 of the most fun part of reno is the initial planning. After dat, choosing furniture n accessories, not so fun wan...cuz alota walking abt n headache n paying. :dancingqueen:

Planning = fantasizing = freeplay = dont need to pay yet = happiness. :)

You are going for concrete support for your basin? The 3d pic seem to tell it.

the drawings are very nice, but a little impractical?

for the kitchen, the fridge is wedged between two tall cabinets

it'll be difficult for heat to dissipate, bad for the fridge in the long run

oven next to fridge also not a very sound idea, the heat generated while baking might damage the fridge :yamseng:

also, the stand-alone stove looks a little funny leh, where are you going to put pots with food temporarily to use the burner???

and hor, common bathroom no shower area ah?

sorry to be such a spoil-sport

just that i find that functionality is as important as looks

though i have to admit that the design is really :dancingqueen: !!

Wah apple-jie, good idea! :dribble: Den hor....can consider do Balinese-style walkin to toilet frm balcony... :dribble: Cool manz....~! :P

When I was doin my reno, I wantd to put a bathtub in the living rm balcony, kena 8| by hubby, hehe :P

Pls pardon us Kajua, we r jus having fun fantasizing abt ur layout n what we can do wif it....hehehe, guess 1 of the most fun part of reno is the initial planning. After dat, choosing furniture n accessories, not so fun wan...cuz alota walking abt n headache n paying. :bow:

Planning = fantasizing = freeplay = dont need to pay yet = happiness. :D

Balinese-style!:bangwall: i like!:D:dribble: then place water features, wooden tiles, plants, stones!:ph34r::notti: think i will keep wanting to go toilet after that :D

You are going for concrete support for your basin? The 3d pic seem to tell it.

yup, we are doing concrete sink support. That is because the back part of the sink faces our service balcony (self created because dont come with one). So if we use laminate my FH was worried after a period of time, the laminate will just get spoil from all the water dripping

Edited by kajua

Yippeee!:notti:! Decided on start work date!:unsure:! :sport-smiley-003:

Start to hack on 25th (final confirmation needed but more or less sure ):huh:! 5 days to hack to be on the safe side. :P I didnt know our house was that big , cause I thought usually they take 3 days

Steven said he will give us the schedule of works and date of delivery of items and dimension of the various items to get

We are eyeing a Cuizino Chimmey Hood+Hob + Oven. The cheapest one ...cause of budget constraint . Anyone has experience with this brand? I saw some posting in the forums at Singaporebride but it ended up as a quarrel between Bellari and Cuizino supporters

Now must think what washing machine, what fridge etc etc to get. What are the usual things we must get for the renovations? I know Hood+Hob+Oven+ Fridge cause they have to be fixed or measured for the cabinet. But what else?

I wanted a 400l+ fridge but my FH veto me :( So now thinking getting 350-400l ones. Any recommendations?

Edited by kajua

Hi,

i was using the cuizino hob, hood and oven in my previous house too. Have been using them for 2 years, so far so good.

The 3-ring burner fire is really strong and good for chinese style cooking; the hood (the SS chimney - think is 900m3/hr) is good at "picking" up the grease and steam; oven (i bought the cheapest 5-prgramme one) is functional and quite easy to clean after use...but the timer knob become loose after 1 yr+ so i have to rely on a separate timer.

But hor, I don't really do heavy cooking leh...mainly used the hob for boiling water and cooking vegetables & meat for my doggies daily and i will on the hood also to absorb the steam. oven wise used like 2-3 times per month.

Currently i am considering their vitroceramic hob + domino gas hob for my new house...but quite ex leh and it is new so I am not sure of the quality of the black tempered glass...

Cavie

My reno blog

Thanks Cavie for the infomation on Cuizino. Makes me more feel more assured getting the brand :bangwall:

This are the 3 from Cuizino we are eyeing.

HobHoodOven.jpg

The Hob is an old model. I hope they still have stock of it. The new model of the 3 ring hob has the knobs at the side which I dont like. Where did you get your Cuizino from?

Harlow Kajua....congrats! Exciting times ahead! :jawdrop:

Rem ur kitchen sink n accessories, like kitchen tap....these oso need to be measured for the solid top. And those steel baskets or trays which u can fix to ur kitchen cabinets. Not sure if ur ID is providing for u all these items or if u buying urself....

If u buy early, u run the risk that some of the measurements will be wrong if u change ur designs later. But its always gd to start looking early so u can compare 1st n just buy straight away later. Sometimes, the item u like may jus be out of stock wan so buy early oso got advantage la... :jawdrop:

Looking fwd to ur reno pics... :dunno:

1 more week to start of the hacking!!! !!

Start to spend money already :sport-smiley-004:

Just bought this washer at Harvey Norman fo $499. 7.5KG Front load. Delayed delivery till after reno finish

http://sg.lge.com/prodmodeldetail.do?actTy...;model=NOTHING#

wd-10481tp_1192095694553_l.jpg

Going to order the hob, hood and oven sometime this week . Decided on the Cuizino trio. Going to Poh Joo to order soon

Then fridge also decided already but havent order. Its the Hitachi R-Z450AM 661872474_R-Z450AM-Small.jpg

http://www.hitachiconsumer.com/sg/products...227&tid=635

Most likely buy from Hong Liang as its so far given the lowest quote. 20 dollars cheaper then GAB :sport-smiley-004:

Now must decide the sink and basin

Anyone has tried the Rubine sinks? http://www.rubine.com.sg

Saw them at Poh Joo and they recommended it

Taps and stuff also still looking....the trays and basket a friend told me to buy from Shanghai Tong Li at Jalan Sultan. Anyone buy from there before?

Hmm what else to buy...oh yeah Lights!! more shopping!!! Going IKea and other places to Kelantan Lane to see :sport-smiley-004:

Oh yeah mattress also......was looking at the Sealy Backsaver from Courts. Is anyone using it ? Is it good?

Edited by kajua