Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kajua

Kajua Nest

Also went down to the house to take a look, the windows are up!:deal: and the toilet walls are done!! :jawdrop:

The windows were really nicely done up. i like the very good job they did at the joints...every smooth.

Window.jpg

My MBR toilet shower area :jawdrop: A kinda retro looking tile :deal:

MBR_Toilet01.jpg

The balcony floor tiles were also already done. Really impress how evenly it was done. The gap between tiles was really small also

Balcony02.jpg

My solid sink support was also coming up

SolidSinkSupport.jpg

Thats the poor uncle working alone to day. The other one went back to Malaysia for voting :D

The place he is tiling is behind my kitchen cabinet. Was really impressed even these hidden tiles, they take time and care to do it properly :good::good:

Edited by kajua

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Kajua, yr bedroom lights are the same as mine. Hehehe... not my new hse... but the one i'm staying w parents now. So qiao~! !!

hi kajua your kitchen light very futuristic looking

love the mbr bathroom shower area tiles too, really :bangwall::D

hi applefreak, yeah, really glad to find that light. my FH likes those bare florescent lights but i don't like. although he let me choose what i like but i tot he should get something he likes too... so the kitchen light design sort of compromise bah.... :P only thing is need to apply a layer of car wax to prevent the metal piece from rusting.

Kajua, yr bedroom lights are the same as mine. Hehehe... not my new hse... but the one i'm staying w parents now. So qiao~! :D

skywolf, really!:help:! very qiao wor :bangwall: that light was recommended by the staff. he said if we like bright lights, should get something with clear glass

kajua how much u bought ur living room light?

hi blackapple, we got the living room light at 90 bucks. went a few places all quote us 95 bucks.

Yeah... it's very bright. I can vouch for that. I cant tahan if my dad happened to remove the cover for washing. Too bright till i left the rm to do something else. :(

haven't got the time to go down our house and take a look at the reno progress. so happy that steven took the initiative to send mms to update us !!

kitchen sink support

Image004.jpg

foyer floor tiles

Image003.jpg

Hi Darrenelle,

ya ya, if not for the price constraint, guess i won't be able to make a decision on which tiles to choose :P

saw your blog, the way u wrote about the quotation so funny... hehehe.... anyway, won't be surprise about such a huge difference in pricing. when we first ask for quotations, a couple of IDs also told us no 40k cannot be done, one even told us no 60k cannot :notti:

well, glad that we got ideal house to do our reno. so far very satisfied with their service. provide good updates on the progress. :good:

Hi Kajua

i am still a bit confused with renotalk... :dancingqueen:

Anyway, Steven and Max was late that Monday we met up at my new home. However, I was still comfortable with their services. Never did I expect the quote came up so high!! !!

Anyway, we still can't decide how should we go about with our layout. :(

hi darrenelle, welcome to compassvale green

which block are you staying? we have the exact same layout :)

Hi applefreak, I am at blk 299B! =)

Edited by darrenelle

Hi Kajua

i am still a bit confused with renotalk... :dancingqueen:

Anyway, Steven and Max was late that Monday we met up at my new home. However, I was still comfortable with their services. Never did I expect the quote came up so high!! :notti:

Maybe you can roughly share with us what you were quoted for and we can advise u if the quote is reasonable... You could have been quoted for a lot more things than what we did...

darrenelle, if you want I could send you our quote then you can use it as a reference. Just give me your email

Saturday went to the nest :~ to check check....they are still doing the tiling for the floor....

The room tiles were completed!:jawdrop: The skirting also. The 2 tiler hand washing the tiles :~ . Dunno why they do that when the house still need to reno...

Good to see the shiny shiny floor...I didnt know we choose such reflective tiles :~ Can actually see the reflection of the blue blue sky clearly

P1050352.jpg

Went down to our nest on Friday (Good Friday holiday) figuring since it was public holiday, no work being done so we can look through without getting into the way of the workers...

When we reached there, saw the windows open and radio music coming out from the unit . Thought what happened....open the door saw the worker doing up the cornice :jawdrop::jawdrop: at 4-5pm on a public holiday!:notti:

Sigh no more look through to our hearts content without getting in the workers way :D:notti:

The tiles were done!! The gap between filled up liao...nice and white...though i think with so much work going on still, gonna turn brown eventually....The gas pipe and water pipe were also laid and mounted

Read from another posting in the Ideal House thread about how Mr K plumber cracked quite a few tiles putting up the pipes so went around checking the tiles. Was a bit worried

First tile we checked...CRACKED!:):) Though minor and quite hard to see cause using white tiles with line patterns but cracked still. So panic!!! So hurry and check the rest....lucky only that particular one cracked :notti: The rest all no cracked at the pipe holder there :D . So only 1 out of all, not bad....

My FH notice that the one that was cracked the drilling was done to the middle of the tile (no choice due to position of pipe), while the rest of the holder were done between tiles or near the edge. Maybe thats why it cracked

My FH says that cracked tile is at the washing machine area and will be hidden behind the washing machine, so most likely we wont ask them to changed. But gonna check with Steven if can ask his worker to be more careful...lucky the black tiles in MBR toilet not cracked cause cracks there will be very obvious

Anyway still got to mount my taps and stuff...fingers crossed

:drunk:

-Celest

i suppose they will mend the crack? thanks for sharing. 1 thing to note when my turn comes. =)

I am not sure if it will be mended or can be mended. You can see fine crack lines radiating out from the place they drill. The tile itself is still mostly okay.

Anyway next time we go check will bring a torch light and maybe take a picture.

Maybe have to check with the forumer who posted about Mr K plumber cracking their tiles, how it was rectified

-Celest