Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kajua

Kajua Nest

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

a relative who had been following a fengshui master for years came to my house last week. he commented that the curving walkway to my living room and to the bedrooms represent having "naughty" kids next time. at first thought ok la, kids naughty = lively mah. but his expression seems to mean that its not those simple type of naughty, could mean rebellious kind of naughty. :(

that time steven mentioned that he will flatten the curving part at no extra cost but my hubby thought curve will be better in terms of fengshui. now that our renovation has completed, don't know if steven will charge us if we ask him to flatten it for us. so scared to ask him also... :P

this is one of the curving walkway

P1050446a.jpg

a relative who had been following a fengshui master for years came to my house last week. he commented that the curving walkway to my living room and to the bedrooms represent having "naughty" kids next time. at first thought ok la, kids naughty = lively mah. but his expression seems to mean that its not those simple type of naughty, could mean rebellious kind of naughty. :(

that time steven mentioned that he will flatten the curving part at no extra cost but my hubby thought curve will be better in terms of fengshui. now that our renovation has completed, don't know if steven will charge us if we ask him to flatten it for us. so scared to ask him also... :P

this is one of the curving walkway

P1050446a.jpg

since u know it, then it is better to change it, or else u will not feel good living in it.....

Hi Kajua,

Could you pls email me your quotation?

Need to do major reno for my 5 room flat and need to estimate the cost hoping that it won't be :jawdrop: ...keke

My email is mikojade@singnet.com.sg

Thanks! :yamseng:

Sometimes I think different ppl follow different FS masters... coz some info that forummers post in blogs are differrent from what my FSM said. :P

I remembered I had asked my FSM abt the curve too, because i have one that is between living and MBR. He said no issues. He also said no issue abt color selection too. So sometimes, I'll just stick to what my FSM said... If I do not trust his judgement, why do I engage him then? :P

But do you guys believe in FS? If not, then need not follow just because someone said have to lor. :dunno:

Sometimes I think different ppl follow different FS masters... coz some info that forummers post in blogs are differrent from what my FSM said. :P

I remembered I had asked my FSM abt the curve too, because i have one that is between living and MBR. He said no issues. He also said no issue abt color selection too. So sometimes, I'll just stick to what my FSM said... If I do not trust his judgement, why do I engage him then? :P

But do you guys believe in FS? If not, then need not follow just because someone said have to lor. :dunno:

We are more towards the rather to follow FS then to ignore it where possible type. :P as long as possible

Like one FS suggestion was that our sofa had to be against the wall. So if we followed that, our TV will be one end of the room, the sofa have to be the other. So we decided just not to do as its not practical

For the rounded dooryway, I guess we will just keep it as it is. Too many conflicting views. :dunno: So just leave it. What will be will be

Now we are hunting for utensils. Anyone has experience with Ikea pots and pans and knifes ...their kitchen range. Is it good?

WMF. :rofl:

*runs off to avoid 8| *

8| 8| 8| 8| 8|

Actually was looking at WMF at Robinsons since we have some vouchers. They having a 150 anniversary sale. Nice :dribble::dribble:

Then I saw Ikea Kitchen stuff flyers....at less then 10% of the WMF price....FH eyes lit up

:bleah::bleah:

WMF for not, so long as it's of a thicker one as compared to hawker centres thin thin and flimsy kind, it shd be ok liao. Can you imagine utensils bending out of shape after you poke a tough meat? :jawdrop:

Perhaps not whole set from WMF lor... like a couple set then can reserve for usage @ lomantic moments? :notti:

Today is shopping day!!! Kitchen looks so empty so decided to fill it up :dancingqueen:

Since we wont be cooking as much, so decided not to buy too expensive stuff like WMF :P when Ikea and hopefully can find all we want there. Saw some on their website already, seems like good enough for us. Search on comments on IKea stuff, seems like comments are still okay, though I see more ang mo use it then locals. Oh well, give it a try

After 2 hours a Ikea heres what we ended up with

Bought this set of pots $16+ nia. Not too bad . Just a bit worried about the handles. But if metal handle it will be hot also...so now get rubber one scare it will melt.

PE069910_ANNONS%20cookware%20set%20of%20

Says in the website include frying pan but dont have it in the set when we bought it :dunno: We asked the staff, they also said the set dont include the pan

So end up we had to buy one. Was deciding between wok or frying pan. Ended up getting this work

pyra%20wok.jpg

Cause the pan was too small and this wok had a flat bottom instead of a normal rounded one. So can use as a pan also. Best part it has 2 handles!!! So easy to carry

Not forgetting pot stand as got pot how can have no pot stand :P

PE114220_HEAT%20POT%20stand%20round%203-

Bought some knives but no chopper :( . Ikea dont sell choppers....

PE101850_HAKE%20knife%20block%20w%204%20

Saw this utensil set....had everything ...so buy

grunka.jpg

Saw this cutlery set....buy

PE105764_FORNUFT%20cutlery.jpg

Love these colorful place mats....buy

panna(2).jpg

Bought some bathroom floor mats

nackten_bathmat.jpg

Bought a water pitcher too cause like that it had this column of water inside the pitcher. So if you freeze that water, your ice water can stay colder longer...

impuls%20jug.jpg

Bought hangers since wardrobe now empty empty...so buy to make it look less empty

bumerang_clotheshang.jpg

There was a pasar malam at Toa Payoh Central so stop by there before heading to our house. In between munching on Taiwan Chicken Chop and other snacks found a really nice Japanese chopper!!! A bit small but heavy enough and loosk really nice!! . Also got a chopping board.

My hubby while washing the IKea knife accidentally dropped one tip first onto the solid top!!!! :( Now there is a hole on it :curse:

That day Steven called to say our bookcase was almost ready so I ke ke asked him if he can help us patch the hole. He said YES!! :dribble: he will get his guys to do it when they bring in the bookcase :notti::notti:

My hubby quite paiseh cause he say this not in the warranty leh so he dare not ask..but I asked anyway :notti:

Good after-sales svc. :notti:

Post pic of yr bookcase! And how much... :notti::notti:

Wanted to get ikea shelves but hesitant after Keltong said quality not so gd. *haiz*. So 1/2 hearted now... :bleah::bleah:

Good after-sales svc. :notti:

Post pic of yr bookcase! And how much... :notti::notti:

Wanted to get ikea shelves but hesitant after Keltong said quality not so gd. *haiz*. So 1/2 hearted now... :bleah::bleah:

I also tempted by ikea shelves. The billy series look (notice I only say "look" :D ) good. I cant find similiar corner units elsewhere.

Besides custom making, anywhere else where we can find good bookshelves?

Kajua, how much did they charge for the book shelve and how big is it?

I also tempted by ikea shelves. The billy series look (notice I only say "look" :D ) good. I cant find similiar corner units elsewhere.

Besides custom making, anywhere else where we can find good bookshelves?

Kajua, how much did they charge for the book shelve and how big is it?

Hopefully it'll arrive soon. :P

I only like their corner unit. The Besta series dun have corner unit. Haiz. Coz i have a corner where die die must use, else the space will be wasted.

steven quote us $200 per ft run, we make a 5ft bookshelf which cost $1k.

at first we were looking at ikea billly bookshelf too but my FH says billy wood not good, will sag in the center. his colleague use it, now she regret

then we also look at some other furniture shops. my FH has a lot of books and he wanted a deeper depth bookshelf which we can't seem to find outside. furthermore, most better quality bookshelf cost about $800 for 5ft and yet it does not cover up to ceiling height. so we thought might as well custom-made one.