Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kajua

Kajua Nest

Most likely buy from Hong Liang as its so far given the lowest quote. 20 dollars cheaper then GAB :sport-smiley-004:

Hong Liang at AV? Good luck with the delivery. I ordered a storage heater from them - wanted to cash and carry but they didn't have stock, so to deliver next day. Few hours later on the same day, a fella call me up say got stock, ask me if I wanna come down and get - since I wasn't too far from there at that time, i went down. When i reached there another fella told me miscommunication - no stock.

The next day, made me wait at my void deck for 2.5 hours (i couldn't go up my flat coz renovating). Called them up a few times to ask where's the delivery - the attitude of the guy on the phone really bo chup. I am not buying a single thing from them anymore. :dunno:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Today went shopping again. :yamseng:

Was going to go Poh Joo but while driving there saw the big Genova sign, so decided to pop in for a look only. But end up buying 2 WC from them :lol:

Bought this one WC-4007_m.jpg

Was selling on offer for about $138 usual price was about $236 . Seems quite a good deal. Other places we previously went to , WC usually cost about 150 or so. This model even had the anti slam seat!! :)

Will probably go back Genova for their accessories another day. They had so many and the price was much cheaper then other places :bow:

Then went to Adamas to check it out and after that Poh Joo, intending to buy the Rubine Kitchen sink cause Steven say we need to get that delivered earlier then the rest cause of it has to be put into our sink support.

When we went there was shown the Poh Joo own brand of kitchen sink, Morning (least thats how i think its spelt). Was every impressive but cost more then Rubine. It was much thicker. The sink drainage hole has a little basket to filter the stuff on top of the normal drainage filter. So no need bottle trap . It comes with everything in so just connect it up will do. Though it cost more, we decided to buy that . Cost us total $355 for sink and tap. :)

Wanted to buy our MBR and Common toilet basin also but was worried about the size. Check out a few but didnt really find any we liked. Decided to go back to the house measure then come back another to buy since the basin are only required much later.

Then went to Kelantan Lane to check out some lights. They have quite cheap lights there. But we were rushing, so just asked prices then ran off.

All this rushing around, we just realized we havent had our lunch!:D! :lol: But endure we did cause had to rush to Senoko which was on the other side of the island

Rush down from Jalan Besar to Barang Barang warehouse in Senoko Loop to check out the sale. Was quite disappointed couldnt find anything we wanted

Most of the beds were in Queen size. Only 1 or 2 were in King. We noticed that it seems like most places dont have King size bed frames. WHy is that? Even at Courts they also have only mostly Queen. When we wanted King they had very limited models. Going to try Silver River next for the bed frame on another day

After that met friends for dinner then rush down back to the house to measure the basin size before going to Courts

Bought the king size Sealy Backsaver New Heritage mattress for $721. It was going 800+ but they had a AMEX promo going on, 15% off. FH dug out his long time never used AMEX card to pay and enjoy the discount.

Then totally tired out we went home...........this was a damm tiring day

Still so many more things to buy..............

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!8| Hacking started on Monday liao!! :)

Went up to the house Monday to see how was the progress. WAAHHH they are very fast. In one day already hacked the balcony, living room and half the kitchen 8| . Couldnt go in further into the house because the wheelbarrow was blocking us. But really fast . I thought was going to take 5 days. 1 day more then half done, guess will be finished earlier 8|

Steven been keeping us well updated on the progress. Told us delivery of tiles will be earlier and maybe we have to move the date of delivery of items like basin and stuff forward. He has been quite flexible. He offers to fetch the items direct from the shops for us if the shop are unable to delivery. Thats was quite good of him

Aircon we initially wanted to get from Natural Cool and got the quote already. But he said his contact maybe able to get us lower quote, and yesterday we got a lower quote. Same model, same company. 60 bucks cheaper.

Tonight see got time or not. Got time go up and take pictures :unsure:

Now hunting for lights. What kind of lights do you all use in your storeroom and toilets? My FH wants to use bare bulbs :bleah: and bare flourescent tubes in the kitchen :bleah: . So ugly!!

But if get those other lights will it cost more?

Found my fridge liao, the electrical shop in TPY central having sale. Found a bigger fridge for cheaper price

Is it true what the shop people say that Korean fridge no silicon at the doors so leak easier, while Japanese ones got silicon so dont leak that easy? :dunno:

Then after that will be bedframe, sofa, tv.... la la la la la :wub:

Ikea got nice lightings, and relatively cheap too. A bit regret didn't getting from there.

:dancingqueen: went down Ikea at Alexandra on monday. saw a few lights which can be considered. thinking of going down to their store in Tampines, see if they have other varieties :P

Tiling works starts today!:yamseng:! :~

Last night went up to the house and took some pictures of the house in bare state.

Hacked Living Rm

HackedLiving_2.jpg

Hacked Kitchen and toilet

HackedKitchen2_2.jpg

HackedKitchen1_2.jpg

HackedCommonToilet_2.jpg

Hacked MBR

HackedMBR2_2.jpg

Hacked Bedroom and Storeroom

HackedRoom2_2.jpg

HackedStore_2.jpg

Our Solid Sink Support

HackedSinkSupport_2.jpg

Our Tiles!!

HackedTiles_2.jpg

At the moment, we are ahead of schedule. So excited to see our completed home!:~:~

the tilers were fast!:) sat went up in the afternoon, thinking they will only be working for half a day. apparently they were still working!:( appreciate their hardwork 8|

last evening went up again to take pics of the reno progress, half the common toilet wall tiles and part of the kitchen wall tiles are up. initially the tiler only fixed only one row of green tile, but i prefer to see more green tiles, so steven got the guy to add 2 more rows. within one afternoon, they had made the adjustment!:bangwall::yamseng:

Common toilet wall

P1050304.jpg

P1050305.jpg

Kitchen wall

P1050306.jpg

so far very satisfied with their workmanship :P

sat went down IMM, passed by one aircon shop then realised that the compressor for our panasonic aircon is too big for our casement window!:notti:! today steven getting the aircon guy to come down and take the measurement. hopefully it can fit in :(

did you check out the ikea sales for lights?

nice tiles, makes the place looks big and bright !!

thanks thanks :rofl: maybe can improve eyesight too :lol:

have not gone down ikea to check out the lights yet leh. was busy searching for toilet accessories during the weekend. hopefully can go down this weekend to have a look.

Hello... Wow.. I am feeling so excited for you. I can't wait to get an ID soon. I would say that your quote received from ideal house is really good.

And I am as indecisive as you. I think I will fall into dilemma when my turn comes.

I am thinking of doing the same white and green coulour scheme for my kitchen toilet. Do they have a brighter shade of green? Will look like a Nintendo Wii toilet :D

Anyway you chose your tiles at Hafary? Max asked us to go to some shop in Toh Guan, cant rem the name. He says the selection there a bit more...

I am thinking of doing the same white and green coulour scheme for my kitchen toilet. Do they have a brighter shade of green? Will look like a Nintendo Wii toilet :deal:

Anyway you chose your tiles at Hafary? Max asked us to go to some shop in Toh Guan, cant rem the name. He says the selection there a bit more...

I think thats the brightest shade of green at Hafary. For this lime green color the selection of tiles was very limited . Just nice we like this one. Anyway it was a very hard color to match especially with floor tiles. Thats why we added in the white :jawdrop:

The Toh Guan shop was SBH. Yeah they have a very big showroom at Toh Guan, a smaller one at Balestier. SBH and Hafary were to 2 shops we were suppose to go to for tiles selection but we went Hafary first cause its nearer. Ended up we found all the tiles we wanted there so never went to SBH

Happy tiles selection....its fun!:jawdrop::deal:

Hello... Wow.. I am feeling so excited for you. I can't wait to get an ID soon. I would say that your quote received from ideal house is really good.

And I am as indecisive as you. I think I will fall into dilemma when my turn comes.

Hi Darrenelle,

ya ya, if not for the price constraint, guess i won't be able to make a decision on which tiles to choose :deal:

saw your blog, the way u wrote about the quotation so funny... hehehe.... anyway, won't be surprise about such a huge difference in pricing. when we first ask for quotations, a couple of IDs also told us no 40k cannot be done, one even told us no 60k cannot :jawdrop:

well, glad that we got ideal house to do our reno. so far very satisfied with their service. provide good updates on the progress. :jawdrop:

last evening went park mall, supposed to take a look at the energy saving lights at lightcrafts, ended up buying a bedframe from Scanteak. they were having 60 anniversary sale, managed to get the bedframe at $699 (u.p above $1200) :jawdrop:

bed.jpg

today is another pocket burning day :deal: went chelsea lighting and got most of our lights and a KDK ceiling fan. due to low budget, can only get those simple lights

living room lights

LivingLight.jpg

bedroom lights

RoomLight.jpg

kitchen lights

KitcheLight.jpg

after buying the above lights, no money liao. therefore.... tada......

our toilets and storeroom lights

ToiletLight.jpg

15 bucks each with normal bulb holder. thought helping FH save money, ended up kenna suan, because his intention is to get a 3 bucks bulb :deal: but its supposed to last 7 years leh... don't know how true :jawdrop: will start calculating from the day i use the bulb