Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Cavie

Cavie's Home

hehehe, one of the most important requirement when i got my sink was it must fit a 40cm wok !!

we cook pretty often so need to get a bigger sink

my sink is $399 from hoe kee :unsure:

wow u sure have a very big wok....my biggest wok/pan/pot is only 28cm or 30cm....

i was told that it is advisable to top mount my granite sink as i don't have a concrete support + the edge is much thick than SS sink...i really wanted a granite sink so most likely will just top mount lah....btw, my sink cost around $200 from universal studio at geylang.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Saw many things that I really like at Universal Union and will be confirming my order by this weekend if my contractor approves...

Common Toilet Basin + Tap

MBR Toilet Basin (forgotten to take picture of the tap)

Glass shelves for MBR Toilet

Instand Heater for both toilet (change can shower head to the chromed type)

MBR Wall Tiles (the dark colour one) matches with white plain tiles for the other 2 walls + black floor tiles

bought this at Gnee Hong 1 month back and was told it will be delivered by end Dec 06. Called them yesterday and was told shipment delayed cos change of mgmet in China (my business meh??) and i should be getting my blob only in Feb i

saw this fan in a oversea magazine, really impressed by it but cost around S$800+ (fan + freight only) !!

so "$$" not enough, most probably will just go for this instead...(<S$300 with remote control) kinda like the "translucent" blade and colour, but not sure if it looks good with white ceiling??

*sigh* pocket hole getting bigger and bigger...money getting lesser and lesser....white hair getting more and more... :unsure:

Edited by Cavie

check out the thread on ceiling fan, a forummer installed the $800+ fan leh

really nice...

as for the translucent fan, you might want to think twice coz your lights will NOT be mounted above the fan

so can't really see the effect wor :notti:

Hi CAVIE

Means that it is better if

1) Concrete support = under mount

2) No concrete support = top mount

Under mount required my solid area to support the sink.

Waiting to see your renovation house.

HAPPY

wow u sure have a very big wok....my biggest wok/pan/pot is only 28cm or 30cm....

i was told that it is advisable to top mount my granite sink as i don't have a concrete support + the edge is much thick than SS sink...i really wanted a granite sink so most likely will just top mount lah....btw, my sink cost around $200 from universal studio at geylang.

hehehe, coz cooking is done for five, six persons mah

even 40cm i find too small liao, coz everytime i fry things the food will fly all over

think i too vigorous liao :notti:

actually come to think of it, i also don't know if my sink is considered top or under mounted

coz the edges is covered by the granite countertop, without the countertop it looks like top mount loh

just that a concrete 'extension' is built to put the sink on the 'legs'

hope you get what i mean, coz i think it looks confusing :furious::bleah::angry:

check out the thread on ceiling fan, a forummer installed the $800+ fan leh

really nice...

as for the translucent fan, you might want to think twice coz your lights will NOT be mounted above the fan

so can't really see the effect wor :)

quoted overseas ~S$700 including freight but problem is no services provided but they do give me a warranty of free replacement of the motor should there be any fault, still nego with them...

thanks for directing me to the site. looks really good :) going down to elmark's ubi office to take a look at actual fan and see what is the price.

ya hor, never thought of that...then whether translusent or not will make no difference le :~

Hallo Cavie,

Me come to spam. :dunno:

Hole is getting Bigger but feel Happy during Shopping??? :notti:

Hihi Cantona7, ya ya, happy shopping then go home heartaching.... :)

Hi CAVIE

Means that it is better if

1) Concrete support = under mount

2) No concrete support = top mount

Under mount required my solid area to support the sink.

Waiting to see your renovation house.

HAPPY

Hi HAPPY,

That's what i was told lor :~

hehehe, coz cooking is done for five, six persons mah

even 40cm i find too small liao, coz everytime i fry things the food will fly all over

think i too vigorous liao :)

actually come to think of it, i also don't know if my sink is considered top or under mounted

coz the edges is covered by the granite countertop, without the countertop it looks like top mount loh

just that a concrete 'extension' is built to put the sink on the 'legs'

hope you get what i mean, coz i think it looks confusing :) :) :notti:

wow 大家庭! i cook more for my 2 doggies leh (either boil or by microwave)..me chin chai chin chai eat sandwiches or ta pau which require no cooking at all :dunno:

think yours still under mounted lah. top mounted can see the sides of the sink on top of the granite or solid top one leh...

wow 大家庭! i cook more for my 2 doggies leh (either boil or by microwave)..me chin chai chin chai eat sandwiches or ta pau which require no cooking at all :dunno:

think yours still under mounted lah. top mounted can see the sides of the sink on top of the granite or solid top one leh...

yah loh, now that you mentioned my sink should be undermounted bah

so if my sink can, your can too since our sink is so similar except the no. of bowls :)

me quite particular about food, some more SK got no good food

still yet to try the new coffeeshop

so most of the time will cook and eat at home

more healthy and cheaper too

got more pix of your doggies or not

me love all furry animals :) :)

Edited by applefreak

Saw many things that I really like at Universal Union and will be confirming my order by this weekend if my contractor approves...

Common Toilet Basin + Tap

c97adcc2.jpg

MBR Toilet Basin (forgotten to take picture of the tap)

2a98fcfe.jpg

Glass shelves for MBR Toilet

db54cf26.jpg

Gd mrning CAV

Check with you, when you buy toilet accessories, can tell the salespple that I want a complete set for toilet accessories? Or I have to hunt individual items myself. Do they sell 1 set of toilet accessories?

Sorry to ask silly queation.

HAPPY

yah loh, now that you mentioned my sink should be undermounted bah

so if my sink can, your can too since our sink is so similar except the no. of bowls :deal:

me quite particular about food, some more SK got no good food

still yet to try the new coffeeshop

so most of the time will cook and eat at home

more healthy and cheaper too

got more pix of your doggies or not

me love all furry animals :seeya::P

haha then I am more lucky as it will only take me less than 10 mins to walk to the famous Blk 85 Feng Shan Hawker Center where the bak chou mee, BBQ stingray, satay, porridge and many many stalls are "endorsed" by many channel 8 and channel U programmes...thinking of them makes me hungry now :)

i have many photo (last time digital cam not so popular yet) of my dogs but there are all now in the temporary storage...here are some recent photos and some old photos that i have in my bag..

btw, the boy is already 11 years and the girl is 9 years...old and very loving couple.... :good:

Edited by Cavie

Gd mrning CAV

Check with you, when you buy toilet accessories, can tell the salespple that I want a complete set for toilet accessories? Or I have to hunt individual items myself. Do they sell 1 set of toilet accessories?

Sorry to ask silly queation.

HAPPY

Hi Happy,

not silly questions lah...i also keep asking questions for my reno when in doubt...

the accessories do come in a set (like 7 or 10 pcs in a box kind) or they can be sold individually. those sold individually have more designs for your selection and personally i think they look better too :good:

cavie

haha then I am more lucky as it will only take me less than 10 mins to walk to the famous Blk 85 Feng Shan Hawker Center where the bak chou mee, BBQ stingray, satay, porridge and many many stalls are "endorsed" by many channel 8 and channel U programmes...thinking of them makes me hungry now :)

btw, the boy is already 11 years and the girl is 9 years...old and very loving couple.... :unsure:

awwww they look sooooo sweet 8| 8| :wub: :wub:

think i should start taking more pix of my babies too

so envious leh, you are surrounded by good food

not forgetting the bedok south market where the famous hill street char kway teow, nice hokkien fried prawn noodles, famous rojak and cuttlefish eng chai is

talking about them makes me hungry as well :) :)

awwww they look sooooo sweet :notti::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

think i should start taking more pix of my babies too

so envious leh, you are surrounded by good food

not forgetting the bedok south market where the famous hill street char kway teow, nice hokkien fried prawn noodles, famous rojak and cuttlefish eng chai is

talking about them makes me hungry as well !! :notti:

i have taken so many pictures and have a few big albums to store all their photo.

ya so many good food in the east...yummies...

just some updates on my reno...

all hacking - done

wall plasteing - done

false ceiling in the 2 bedrooms - done

electrical wiring - done

kitchen wall tiles - done

will be going down only during weekend to take some pictures.

here is the 3D of my kitchen... :notti:

3cfa9b73.jpg

will b getting my living room 3D next week. !!