Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Phantom

Housewarming Invite

Like that difficult to solve liao if you have already confirmed your minimum table requirement. Only way is to invite more relatives if friends cannot make it even though you might lugi. But dont be surprise coz you never know they might give you more $$ :notti: Colleagues shouldnt be a problem.

I remembered I have 1 table only 5 person sitting. And quite a few 8 person tables. But we dont care coz they last minute dont come is their lost and it will not affect our mood for the night. But its true during the process of calling them up to check if they are coming is tedious and frustrating. My wife did most of the calling, simply because she has more close friends than me :lol: I just called a few and thats it :P The rest of the casual friends I dont even bother to invite. Dont wanna waste my time. Moreover if I do try my luck and invite them they have to sit on the floor :rofl:

So conclusion is not to have too high minimum number of tables. Easy to cut who you can dont want to invite than to add :notti:

bo bian lor.. if not enough got to throw to my hubby side liao.. he seems to have tons of relatives to invites.. i got more friends than him..

my hubby say his side more or less settled. .dont know true or not.. :dunno:

ya lor...i also realised that you can notice ppl's true colours when it comes to your own wedding....good friends will not give you such shi tty excuses....want to make excuse also don't bother to give a good one...give such lames ones and expect we'll buy that....:rolleyes:

Ya i very du lan also....imagine last min I was in my wedding gown liao, then everything nice nice liao, i'm still re-arranging the seatings?? Then when you're done and are sure that that person won't be lonely, you hao xin sms them, the last thing u want to hear is oh they decided not to come...:rolleyes:

The most du lan thing is, if I nvr sms her, she has no intention of sms-ing me that she's not coming at all...

The r/s between me and her changed a bit le....cos i know what kind of person she is le....i also dun wana talk much to her nowadays....:rolleyes:

good friends will ask you whether you need help or not lor.. will even offer to be your helpers..

my friend's wedding also got funny excuses from her close uni friends.. 1 week before.. both friends happen to say grandfather or grand mother died.. such ppl uses family members' death is really mean..

ni bu ren, wo bu yi mah..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Actually you can set a time frame/deadline like 1 or 2 weeks before your wedding to confirm all the attendence. If they cant comfirm but seems like want to come then include them. Those who cannot confirm and also seems like dont feel like coming type just strike them off the list. You have to use your gut feel liao. Dont waste time and have any sentiments here.

I remembered I personally went to my cousin's house at Punggol to invite my auntie, him and his family to come my wedding. I look at him in the eye and said you must come to my wedding. I did that because we grow up playing together, though we become less close after becoming adults. Moreover the other 2 cousins which is around the same age from Malaysia will be attending so that means the 4 of us are together again and can take one reunion photo. (I have other cousins too that attend my wedding but they are not of our age range, either much older or younger and some are females :P) But he did warn me he also has another wedding that he might need to attend on the same day. In the end my auntie, his wife and his son attend but not him. What can I say about his decision? :dunno:

I think I am a pretty staight forward guy. You scratch my back I will return you a favour next time. Just like my wife's friend who help us alot in our wedding. We will go all the way to Taiwan to attend her wedding end of the year. Not just attend but also help out during the wedding and provide some "Singaporean support" :lol: Travelling expenses we bear ourselves, told her not to worry about it.

bo bian lor.. if not enough got to throw to my hubby side liao.. he seems to have tons of relatives to invites.. i got more friends than him..

my hubby say his side more or less settled. .dont know true or not.. :dunno:

good friends will ask you whether you need help or not lor.. will even offer to be your helpers..

my friend's wedding also got funny excuses from her close uni friends.. 1 week before.. both friends happen to say grandfather or grand mother died.. such ppl uses family members' death is really mean..

ni bu ren, wo bu yi mah..

Can see their level of desperation to siam the wedding that they have to chu dong their family members died excuses...this kind i also speechless *shake head*

Actually you can set a time frame/deadline like 1 or 2 weeks before your wedding to confirm all the attendence. If they cant comfirm but seems like want to come then include them. Those who cannot confirm and also seems like dont feel like coming type just strike them off the list. You have to use your gut feel liao. Dont waste time and have any sentiments here.

I remembered I personally went to my cousin's house at Punggol to invite my auntie, him and his family to come my wedding. I look at him in the eye and said you must come to my wedding. I did that because we grow up playing together, though we become less close after becoming adults. Moreover the other 2 cousins which is around the same age from Malaysia will be attending so that means the 4 of us are together again and can take one reunion photo. (I have other cousins too that attend my wedding but they are not of our age range, either much older or younger and some are females :P) But he did warn me he also has another wedding that he might need to attend on the same day. In the end my auntie, his wife and his son attend but not him. What can I say about his decision? :dunno:

I think I am a pretty staight forward guy. You scratch my back I will return you a favour next time. Just like my wife's friend who help us alot in our wedding. We will go all the way to Taiwan to attend her wedding end of the year. Not just attend but also help out during the wedding and provide some "Singaporean support" :lol: Travelling expenses we bear ourselves, told her not to worry about it.

I agree with you leh....I'm very grateful to all my friends who have been a great help to me.

For them, I will go all the way....赴汤蹈火,在所不辞

Air, you dont have any children right? Any plans to call your future son/daughter oxygen/hydrogen/carbon monoxide? :dunno::notti::P:lol:

No...nowadays children's name all very fanciful...must be cool...cannot chin chin chye chye..

I have plans to call my son, O2, daughter CO2

U got plans to call your kid "Ninja"???? :notti:

I have a feeling that my kids will hate me to the core :notti:

I agree with you also..

but i scratch ppl's back..ppl dont return me a favour leh.. :bangwall::bangwall:

i be jie mei for 3 friends.. end up 2 not coming..another one nv reply my sms.. :bangwall::bangwall:

Can see their level of desperation to siam the wedding that they have to chu dong their family members died excuses...this kind i also speechless *shake head*

must be heng you and me not related to them.. later kanna curse also dunno why..

No...nowadays children's name all very fanciful...must be cool...cannot chin chin chye chye..

:rofl:

both of you very funny leh..

I agree with you also..

but i scratch ppl's back..ppl dont return me a favour leh.. :bangwall::bangwall:

i be jie mei for 3 friends.. end up 2 not coming..another one nv reply my sms.. :bangwall::bangwall:

must be heng you and me not related to them.. later kanna curse also dunno why..

ya lor....very chek ark to curse family members just to siam wedding dinner leh....tao nao pai ar they all??

Need so desperate meh??

Actually, sometimes brutal truth is better than giving blatant lies...not coming just say not coming....no need give all sorts of lame excuses which would later cause us to be disgusted by them....*shake more head*

:rofl: Will choose names like Terrorist, Fundamentalist, Extremist :dancingqueen:

I agree with you also..

both of you very funny leh..

Post some rubbish talk some **** to kill time mah :dancingqueen:

:rofl: Will choose names like Terrorist, Fundamentalist, Extremist :dancingqueen:

Kaoz...your names all so chim....

I actually have a desire to call my kids, water, wind, earth, heart so that when all of us are combined, we can be captain planet family....then again, I suspect it will be my hubby's turn to hate me....:notti:

Btw, if you don't know the story of captain planet, u can scroll back a few pages...err...i mean alot of pages back to read....got my picture inside....courtesy of xinyi...:rofl:

ya lor....very chek ark to curse family members just to siam wedding dinner leh....tao nao pai ar they all??

Need so desperate meh??

Actually, sometimes brutal truth is better than giving blatant lies...not coming just say not coming....no need give all sorts of lame excuses which would later cause us to be disgusted by them....*shake more head*

if happens that 1 week got 2-3 wedding dinners.. then this excuse si bei useful.. can be excuse for 1 whole week..

I think Fifi not coming back so soon to RT coz last day liao colleague wont let her go so easily so give her wrong things to eat during tea break now in the toilet lao sai :P

if happens that 1 week got 2-3 wedding dinners.. then this excuse si bei useful.. can be excuse for 1 whole week..

Wow! Yuan lai they are so smart de! Can siam many many weddings at one go with just one excuse!

I really :bow: them like that liao...

I actually have a desire to call my kids, water, wind, earth, heart so that when all of us are combined, we can be captain planet family....then again, I suspect it will be my hubby's turn to hate me....:notti:

Btw, if you don't know the story of captain planet, u can scroll back a few pages...err...i mean alot of pages back to read....got my picture inside....courtesy of xinyi...:rofl:

:lol: Will read that later :D

you sure you want so many kids? 5 wor.. :unsure:

i din know you look GREEN.. :rofl:

I think Fifi not coming back so soon to RT coz last day liao colleague wont let her go so easily so give her wrong things to eat during tea break now in the toilet lao sai :P

:rofl: :rofl: