Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cheng73

Stray Cat And Wireless

Hi All, i really desperate nd the advice of the experts in this forum. I hd just get a new unit and the previous seller is a cat lover ( the seller hd given away all the cats).

now, there is 1 particular cat always coming to our door step and causes some distress to my daughter (8yo).

It does no harm no meowing sound...just appearing at the door step. please advise.

another issue is on wireless internet surfing as i m not well versed IT person. Currently, a singnet broadband user and i cant register for wireless due to my contract is not ending till May 08. They suggest i buy a modem to access or wait till renew of contract.

any gd advise?

thanks...appreciate.

wewecheng

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi All, i really desperate nd the advice of the experts in this forum. I hd just get a new unit and the previous seller is a cat lover ( the seller hd given away all the cats).

now, there is 1 particular cat always coming to our door step and causes some distress to my daughter (8yo).

It does no harm no meowing sound...just appearing at the door step. please advise.

another issue is on wireless internet surfing as i m not well versed IT person. Currently, a singnet broadband user and i cant register for wireless due to my contract is not ending till May 08. They suggest i buy a modem to access or wait till renew of contract.

any gd advise?

thanks...appreciate.

wewecheng

the wireless- I can't help

but the cat.....

I can help

wash your door steps and the immediate area outside your flat (main door and grilles, floor and walls) really well.

when dry, lightly dust cool-burnt joss stick onto the said area for a period of a month.... most of the time......the cat will not come back

LAST resort!:curse:!:(!

if the cat still come...... have to call SPCA

my ex neighbour is a cat lover.......

I swear I think they have a homing deivce inbulit in them.

i just hv to say ur topic title is very interesting. hee.

no expert on cats but what ongfam said made sense. the area around ur flat has probably been marked, even if you cant smell it. some ppl say using citrus peels will keep cats away too, but i'm sure you wouldnt want to hv orange peels all around your door.

or you can just say hello to the kitty.

as for the wireless, i'm not sure i understand. you want to get wireless access with ur singnet broadband?

for the wireless issue, i'd suggest you wait till may 08 then make a decision

coz it will depend on the service provider you want to use

if you going back to singnet, they'll give you a wireless modem for free (some plans got to add $4/mth)

if going for mio plan, the 2wire is a wireless modem so no extra charge :rolleyes:

as for the cat, i'd suggest you get either citrus spray or just plain old lemon juice and clean the area

cats are adverse to citrus smell

but hor, just kaypoh a bit can?

how did the cat cause distress to your daughter if it's neither meowing nor doing anything?

for the wireless issue, i'd suggest you wait till may 08 then make a decision

coz it will depend on the service provider you want to use

if you going back to singnet, they'll give you a wireless modem for free (some plans got to add $4/mth)

if going for mio plan, the 2wire is a wireless modem so no extra charge :rolleyes:

as for the cat, i'd suggest you get either citrus spray or just plain old lemon juice and clean the area

cats are adverse to citrus smell

but hor, just kaypoh a bit can?

how did the cat cause distress to your daughter if it's neither meowing nor doing anything?

Hee cheng73, u ask the right person on applefreak liao...

Look at her photo, a cat lover huh... :yamseng:

any gd advise?

thanks...appreciate.

wewecheng

The cat... :rolleyes:

As for wireless, you mentioned u are a SNBB user but can't register for wireless? Do u mean u want to have wireless network (wifi) at home but ur current modem does not support it? An immediate solution would be to buy a wireless router and connect your SNBB modem's ethernet "output" (the rectangle jack that looks like a big telephone jack) to the wireless router's "IN", provided your SNBB modem has the ethernet port (besides having only the USB).

:rolleyes: Hi Commando, thanks for your reply to the wireles. Either to get a SNBB modem or wait till May. I am currently a broadband user . I want to apply for Singnet Wireless whereby could surf in the house without connecting to the broadband cable, i have to wait till my contract end and upgrade.

Meanwhile, as for the cat, thanks for all the info. My gal is getting distressed cos she's does not like to get close to animal. she is so stress that when she sleep, she keep thinking if the cat could jump in from the window or get into our house.

i will try to use citrus acid and joss stick. hope it will help.

with regards

wewecheng

imho, since cheng73's plan is ending in May,

might as well wait until then to get the free integrated one from SNBB

or buy a integrated cable modem for starhub access

oh dear, so sorry to hear about that

hopefully the cat will go away when it realise that the owner is no longer there

guess the cat just wanted the affection that it used to get from the previous owner :notti: :notti: