Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
renosay

Please Advice On Cj Ambience

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
No one in this forum used CJ Ambience before? !!

Hey renosay,

mayb its new, so not many ppl noe & ngage them loh.

Think they r not hdb licensed contractor. No accredition to BCA, RADAC, CASETRUST ...

:unsure:

Can ask for quotation (but no signing on the spot), ask them questions and whether they have any showflats to view. After that, go home and discuss with your partner. Go for more quotes. A tiring process though.

As above.

Any experiences to share?

I don't wish to take the wrong step...

Can ask for quotation (but no signing on the spot), ask them questions and whether they have any showflats to view. After that, go home and discuss with your partner. Go for more quotes. A tiring process though.

Ok, thanks for all the advice. I will exercise caution in dealing with CJ

Cheers

CJ Ambience is not a good contractor.

Quality of work is very poor as well as time management.

They will also try to charge you extra and a lot of hidden cost.

Becareful with CJ Ambience, please avoid them as much as possible.

I usually post my experience at another forum but thought I should speak up.

So far, I've got no problems with CJ Ambience and I'm already finishing my renovation works next week. Actually, I've checked out 7 IDs (and contractors) before deciding on them.

You may want to check out my experience at this forum :

www. myhometown. sg/Forum/tabid/84/forumid/23/tpage/9/view/topic/postid/93143/Default.aspx

(remove spacing)

Feel free to drop by my place if you want to check things out yourself. Maybe can help me look for defects too!

Edited by moobat

Hi,

Just curious, when was it you did your reno?

Hi Moobat,

thanks for the pm. Just a quick check with you. I'm going to meet a guy named Adrian from CJ Ambience. So how is your designer for your reno?

Adrian conceptualized most of the design for us. In fact, from all the other quotations we received - he's the only one who really gave us what we needed in terms of space planning. (our 4-room only 85sqm :bangwall: )

For our reno, there were some hiccups with the carpenters but he managed to ractify the situation nicely. I can advise you which of his carpenters to use though. *hahah*

I'll be at my place on Saturday morning for the workers to touch-up the groutings as well as buff my flooring. PM me if you're keen to drop-by to have a look but me and fiancee going to clean the house after lunch, so morning will be best.

Hi,

Appreciate your invitation. However, I had already went and meet Adrian. Like what you have said. They are good. After some discussion with my wife, most likely we will go ahead with them. (If the quotation meets our budget. :P)

Glad you're happy with them.

I would strongly recommend you request for Mr Chen to do your carpentry. He's really good at this craft though a little temperamental - but definately worth it!

Take note of the carpenters from PRC though...as they normally have a different standard of quality. Nothing wrong with that, but I prefer my carpentry to be done by Singaporeans/Malaysians.

Edited by moobat

Thank you moobat!

Your advise is definitely going to make a difference! You rock man!

Hi viper,

care to share with me on the outcome of your decision?

I'm also looking for ID House.

I am not the kind of people who look for offer or promotion or discount or free gifts,etc. I believe more on words of mouth.

Really appreciate if you can share with me on your experience.

Lewis,

I will keep you posted. Btw, why don't you just go down to them and just ask for a quote. Also ask from other ID Houses. 1 man's blood is another man's poison :)

Agree. There's also got to be some kind of 'working chemistry' between home owner and ID/Contractor.

After going through 7 quotations, some of my own criterion :

1. Price! Price! Price! - It has to be reasonable and value for your money. Afterall, its your hard-earned money so make sure you've compared prices as well as proposed ideas.

** After the 3rd or 4th quotation and engagement with IDs, you more or less know the price range (based on your requirements).

2. Character - The person managing your project needs to be firm and resourceful. Afterall, he/she will need to manage a bunch of workers/carpenters/sub-contractors - some older and thinks they're too experienced to be bossed around.

3. Workmanship - After shortlisting your ID/Contractor, ask him/her to bring you to the projects he/she is doing/done. Assess the workmanship and see if you're comfortable.

** Different people have differing perception of "quality". i.e. Some can accept marginal mis-alignments, while others require perfectly aligned joining.

4. Warranty period. Usually 12 months after last payment milestone.

5. No ambiguity in the quotation. Every deliverable must be clearly spelled out.

6. GST. Why pay GST?

** Once, an established ID company include GST in their quotation. Imagine a 7% on top of a $30k quotation? After several discussion (by when we've already signed with our current ID), he came back and told us he can waive GST by invoicing us from another of their registered companies. Question : WHY DIDN'T HE OFFER THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE? - Leave us doubting if we're really paying GST to Government or to 'them'. The trust is lost anyway.

Anyway, above are just my humble opinion. Feel free to share anyone. ;)

Heard from a friend of mine who is also doing his place,

there are several Interior Design Firms near Lavender Street.

So we went to them over the weekend to make some enquiries and got some free consultations from some of them.

Below are some of the companies I have gone.

Kurios Interior Design & Associates

LS2 Design & Construction

ID Emboss

Intent Pte Ltd

Cj Ambience

NSign Living

Yonder

Darwin

Anyone used them before?

Any comment on them?

Its my first time renovating.

Your comments may help me to do a better selection.

You can refer to my earlier post to help you with your selection. Though others may also have tips on selection too.

No harm telling IDs your requirements and get them to quote you. (look for value)

Tip: Don't give them a specific budget. Instead, give them a range that you have in mind. (We only told them our budget after they've quoted something close to it.)

After the first round of quotations, you'd probably have a 'shortlist' and know how much it'll cost. Do more research by visiting their existing renovations to access workmanship as well as further determine if the ID has the patience to work with you (and vice versa).

I've also engaged 7-8 IDs before deciding on one. Took us quite awhile too! :P

Hi all, seems like a number of people likes to review the progress of my unit.

I will keep posting the progress of my unit with photos if possible in here.

Thanks a lot for all the advise and tips!

Hi viper,

i think me and my hubby went to them before. however, i think we kinda lost their name cards.

can you tell me who is the best id in there and the contact no?