4. certain sinks can only be under mounted

5. some people prefer the look

topmount

1. a small percentage of sinks can only be top mounted e.g. those with drainer

2. can change the sink without damaging the top

3. can't sweep water on countertop into sink

4. some people prefer the look

there are other qualities which i didn't list

but i went for under mounted coz my sink doesn't come with a drainer, so food preparation is done on the countertop and it's much easier to sweep everything into the sink :furious:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
each has its own pros and cons

it really depends on what you want

undermount

1. can't change the sink without damaging the top

2. no water seepage problem unless sealant badly done

3. easy to sweep water on countertop into sink

4. certain sinks can only be under mounted

5. some people prefer the look

topmount

1. a small percentage of sinks can only be top mounted e.g. those with drainer

2. can change the sink without damaging the top

3. can't sweep water on countertop into sink

4. some people prefer the look

there are other qualities which i didn't list

but i went for under mounted coz my sink doesn't come with a drainer, so food preparation is done on the countertop and it's much easier to sweep everything into the sink :furious:

i prefer the undermount look. hehe. but my id is charging me $80 extra for the workmanship to get it undermount... :good:

this is the homework i've done on crystallized glass panels. tot is is useful for those who r keen to know more abt it.

im using this material as my kitchen counter top- as it has yet to be fixed up, i cant verify if the so-called-advantages i've gotten from the net is true or not..

Product Name: Neoparis Neoparies Crystallized Glass

colour chosen: pure white

crystallizedstonepanelei0.jpg

this is wat i've gotten from the net:

Features:

Composition: quartz, calcite, zinc oxide, witherite, alumina, alkali

Neopariés® Crystallized Glass is a non-staining, non-porous solid surface building material. It is not affected by red wine, salad oils, lemon, or nail polish. It is ideally suited for use as wall surface cladding, countertops and vanities. The uniqueness of this solid surfacing material is that it is available in colors such as White, Light and Dark Beige, which are not found in nature and, offers a solution for many areas such as kitchen and bathroom surfaces where staining is a very definite problem. It is impervious to water absorption unlike natural stone surfaces. It has the strength and hardness of a mid-range granite and the ability to withstand thermal stress. It is similar in graining pattern to Thassos marble, a pure white crystalline marble that is quite beautiful but porous and easily stained.

Highlights & Advantages

-Can be edged and laminated to conform to most traditional stone profiles requested.

-Is virtually impermeable to moisture and other harsh elements. All contaminants are easily removed during regular maintenance.

-Is resistant to acids, alkalis, oil, and other environmental pollutants unlike Marble, Granite or other Natural Stone Surfaces.

-Bending strength is three times greater than that of common stone.

-Can be bent to a radius to form column covers and undulating wall surfaces. Curved panels are available in a wide range of sizes in both convex and concave configurations.

-Is not subject to microscopic fissures and fracture patterns commonly resulting from the quarry of stone.

-Is available in eight (8) colors in Galaxys' inventory in a thickness of 15mm (5/8").

Edited by blueblue_m6

this is the homework i've done on crystallized glass panels. tot is is useful for those who r keen to know more abt it.

im using this material as my kitchen counter top- as it has yet to be fixed up, i cant verify if the so-called-advantages i've gotten from the net is true or not..

Product Name: Neoparis Crystallized Glass

colour chosen: pure white

crystallizedstonepanelei0.jpg

this is wat i've gotten from the net:

Features:

Composition: quartz, calcite, zinc oxide, witherite, alumina, alkali

Neopariés® Crystallized Glass is a non-staining, non-porous solid surface building material. It is not affected by red wine, salad oils, lemon, or nail polish. It is ideally suited for use as wall surface cladding, countertops and vanities. The uniqueness of this solid surfacing material is that it is available in colors such as White, Light and Dark Beige, which are not found in nature and, offers a solution for many areas such as kitchen and bathroom surfaces where staining is a very definite problem. It is impervious to water absorption unlike natural stone surfaces. It has the strength and hardness of a mid-range granite and the ability to withstand thermal stress. It is similar in graining pattern to Thassos marble, a pure white crystalline marble that is quite beautiful but porous and easily stained.

Highlights & Advantages

-Can be edged and laminated to conform to most traditional stone profiles requested.

-Is virtually impermeable to moisture and other harsh elements. All contaminants are easily removed during regular maintenance.

-Is resistant to acids, alkalis, oil, and other environmental pollutants unlike Marble, Granite or other Natural Stone Surfaces.

-Bending strength is three times greater than that of common stone.

-Can be bent to a radius to form column covers and undulating wall surfaces. Curved panels are available in a wide range of sizes in both convex and concave configurations.

-Is not subject to microscopic fissures and fracture patterns commonly resulting from the quarry of stone.

-Is available in eight (8) colors in Galaxys' inventory in a thickness of 15mm (5/8").

is this thing solid top?

it's different from solid surface countertops

solid surface are made of 100% acrylic aka plastic

the Crystallized Glass compose more of natural forming stones

quartz is known to be one of the hardest stone around, surpassing that of granite and marble (if i'm not wrong) :dancingqueen:

also, solid surface is not as good as it's supposed to be

heard quite a few encounters of staining, simply by putting objects on the surface :):dancingqueen:

Edited by applefreak

is this thing solid top?

yea~ agree with apple tat is 1 of the hardest material ard, as compared to granite & marble.

this material is a man-made stone. outlook is pretty- pure white (with some white grains) & it's very glossy & very smooth as compared to solid tops. & it's harder than granite; less likely to break. scratch resistance. zero water absorption rate. very high heat resistance. :sport-smiley-004: however, the price is higher as well. :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by blueblue_m6

there's 10% additional discount for all takashimaya credit card holders at takashimaya from 18 jan-20 Jan 2008!! i'll b gg there 2c if there's any nice bowls & plates.. hehe.

:sport-smiley-004:

Hey, hi hi fellow SKian cum WMF-lover :rolleyes:

Welcome to renotalk :dunno:

Your taste is very different from your ID wor .. it's not loud .. it's WOW n POWER!!

Black and White are your main colour ??

Good Choices of your lightings .... :wub: :wub:

I'm still thinking if i should go ahead to purchase the WMF stuff now anot ...

:bleah::good:

And Pls upload more pics :dunno::bow:

Hey, hi hi fellow SKian cum WMF-lover :rolleyes:

Welcome to renotalk :jawdrop:

Your taste is very different from your ID wor .. it's not loud .. it's WOW n POWER!!

Black and White are your main colour ??

Good Choices of your lightings .... :(:wub:

I'm still thinking if i should go ahead to purchase the WMF stuff now anot ...

:help::(

And Pls upload more pics :notti::(

hihi ranval,

thanx for dropping by. thanx for ur compliments~ :D

yea, my house's main colour's black & white. :)

shd get the wmf items when there's a sale, if not bohua...