Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
KM8

Our First Home

Hey, Ur floorplan is the mirror image of MINE!:)!! :furious:

I'm staying at 273C, wat about U??? We going to be neighbour wor!:seeya::notti:

I do have a dog too and an additon family member as compare to yours, my little boy zavier!

We will be doing the reno only after CNY, wat about U? I've been to my unit and i'm quite pleased with the layout except the dinning area which i still cant decide where and how to put the dinning table.

Jus for reference, i'll be doing all built-in wardrobes for all the bedrooms and the kitchen cabinet, the feature wall for TV and built-in TV console. Cabinets for both toilets and the shoes cabinet is a must. MY ID (Equicity Design, who is my best friend) recommend to do the feature wall for the bombshelter but i dunno if i got the budget anot. Might be doing the L-box ceiling for the Living area only. Window grills is a must for me as well as my little boy is only 4. Still considering to hack the walls in the kitchen area anot... cos haven decide where is the dinning area. The kitchen area is not as bright with our layout so it might be a good idea but of cos must depend on the cost too.

All others reno are additional and only for decorative purposes so for me, it really depend on the total cost of the reno. I have a tight budget to work on so might be doing the minimum of wat i mentioned.

Maybe we can exchange infor on the quotes too.... Keep in touch ! U can PM me for contact details :)

Things we are cosidering:

1. Feature wall + TV console

2. Feature wall for HHS

3. Hack bedroom wall (facing dining) and replace with glass

3. Hack kitchen walls (open kitchen)

4. Built-in cabinets in MBR+2toilets

5. Built-in shoe cabinet

6. L-box in living/dining/MBR?

7. Island counter/dining table from kitchen to dining (possible?)

I've PM-ed you btw.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

2. Feature wall for HHS

5. Built-in shoe cabinet

can't wait to see the pics ~ ~ :notti:

I'm quite torn right now between spending $$ to make the place look good or to just do the bare minimum. I sure I'll come to a compromise some how. So far, it would only be me and my wife in the flat, plus a dog. Should we hack the kitchen wall to have an open concept kitchen? Should we replace the bedroom wall with glass to brighten up the space outside the kitchen? Just some of the question that I'm asking myself right now...

btw what breed is your dog ??

:notti:

Hi everyone, we should be getting out keys after CYN. In the mean time, here is our floor plan. It's a 90m2 4rm premium flat. We are still deciding what kind of reno to do. Do feel free to make suggestions. Will update as soon as there's any news. Cheers!FloorPlan1.jpg

Hi

Will be staying in BLK 271B. The design of your place almost the same as ours. Here is an idea we have been thinking of. Mess around with the placement and here it is.

Design1.jpg

Have not found an ID yet.

Hope to hear ideas and opinion from you folks. :notti:

2. Feature wall for HHS

5. Built-in shoe cabinet

I've PM-ed you btw.

Hey, wow saw tat u intend to do lotsa hacking wor!! This means the cost for the reno going to be higher.

Well i need the brm3 for the study area, so not intending to touch it. Maybe considering hacking the walls at the kitchen entrance but our parents dun like the sliding glass door concept as they think it's dangerous cos my boy is still young. Might do the feature wall for the bombshelter cos the shoes cabinet might be built beside it (still thinking).

Btw, saw tat u got ur new house at 218K ah!!? We got ours in the balloting exercise in 2004 at only 180k++, wow the prices went up alot hor... :dancingqueen: High floor ma?

My dog is a mini schnauzer, she's coming to 7yrs old liao... wat's urs? :(

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11434

Edited by oOkatOo

hihi welcome n congrats on ur new hm. look forward to pics of ur hse.

anyway i oso got a doggy. and i make a kerb in the kitchen for her to do her business. oso can be use to bath ur dog. just wanna share with u my experience. hope it helps. coz last time my common toilet became my doggy personal toilet. oso heard fr others tat if got dog better dun put pebblewash. coz they like to scratch. hope it helps...

ps: u can click on the link below to view my blog. there's pics of the kerb. :bleah:

Hey, wow saw tat u intend to do lotsa hacking wor!! This means the cost for the reno going to be higher.

Well i need the brm3 for the study area, so not intending to touch it. Maybe considering hacking the walls at the kitchen entrance but our parents dun like the sliding glass door concept as they think it's dangerous cos my boy is still young. Might do the feature wall for the bombshelter cos the shoes cabinet might be built beside it (still thinking).

Btw, saw tat u got ur new house at 218K ah!!? We got ours in the balloting exercise in 2004 at only 180k++, wow the prices went up alot hor... :notti: High floor ma?

My dog is a mini schnauzer, she's coming to 7yrs old liao... wat's urs? :)

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11434

Yah, it went up quite a bit after 3 yrs. The last balloting exercise end 07, it was 243k.

Not really, my dog, but my wife's. 10 year old Maltese.

Hi

Will be staying in BLK 271B. The design of your place almost the same as ours. Here is an idea we have been thinking of. Mess around with the placement and here it is.

Have not found an ID yet.

Hope to hear ideas and opinion from you folks. :jawdrop:

Wow, thats a lot of wardrobe space...

hihi welcome n congrats on ur new hm. look forward to pics of ur hse.

anyway i oso got a doggy. and i make a kerb in the kitchen for her to do her business. oso can be use to bath ur dog. just wanna share with u my experience. hope it helps. coz last time my common toilet became my doggy personal toilet. oso heard fr others tat if got dog better dun put pebblewash. coz they like to scratch. hope it helps...

ps: u can click on the link below to view my blog. there's pics of the kerb. :)

interesting concept.

Here's one of the proposals from an ID

IC.jpg

Quoted about $24k-$26k

Edited by KM8

HI KM8

How the your skirting?

I went to one unit and the couple told me (I kpo talk to them) that the skirting is not good.

Other block is ok except their blocks cos of different hdb contractors.

HAPPY

Edited by h4happy

HI KM8

How the your skirting?

I went to one unit and the couple told me (I kpo talk to them) that the skirting is not good.

Other block is ok except their blocks cos of different hdb contractors.

HAPPY

I'm not sure as we have not collected our keys yet. Will keep you posted.

Harlow KM8, congrats to ur new home! Looking fwd to ur pictures.... :(

Was looking at ur layout n proposed design, not sure if u find ur kitchen stove too far frm ur sink? :bleah: I guestimate ur kitchen length is abt 4m which means ur sink to ur stove is 3-4m apart...not sure if im looking correctly, I guessed frm ur designplan dat it is a stove+2seats at the kitchen entrance rite?

Ru planning to do open-concept kitchen? If I haf ur layout, I will definitely do an open concept kitchen....Plus its great dat u canot see the clothes hangers frm ur kitchen, its actually hidden!! :good::good:

I see ur living area is 4.6m long n u plan to put ur sofa + dining table there...not sure abt exact measurements, but HDB measurements r normally smaller in real-life. You might wan to note dat sofa is normally 2.1-2.5m long (max is 2.5m due to HDB lift) n dining tables r normally 1.4--1.7m. If u take max-out for both, den ur free space btw sofa n dining table wld b 40cm. Just kpo ard here.....hope u dun mind my suggestions...looking fwd to ur posting more design plans, hehehehe :(:notti:

Oh btw, I love ur MBR!:yamseng::dunno:

Huge leh..... :good:

Yah, it went up quite a bit after 3 yrs. The last balloting exercise end 07, it was 243k.

Not really, my dog, but my wife's. 10 year old Maltese.

Wow, thats a lot of wardrobe space...

interesting concept.

Here's one of the proposals from an ID

IC.jpg

Quoted about $24k-$26k

hi km8,

take note of the L-sofa..it may be blocked by the "black" wall behind,thus leaving some gap between the sofa and the wall

your layout is almost same as mine, but urs is a 100% improved version :notti:

Edited by Yang Guo

Hi all, thanks for the comments and suggestions. We are collecting our keys on 21 Feb, wish us luck. Cheers!

Hi KM8, if u dun mind my 2cents worth.. do not recommend to hack away kitchen - unless u guys dun cook or even if cook, will not involve frying.

my personal experience, during V day, hubby prepared pork chop with potato croquettes.. kitchen is very smoky and oily due to all the deep frying - luckily i have a sliding door to separate living with kitchen but still the kitchen floor is oily, hence step all over the house, also oily!! if u have open kitchen concept, think of what it will do to all ur sofa,etc.. the smell may be nice initially but overnight food smell on fabric is a NO NO..

hope it help!! Congrats on ur key collection..