Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tanwk

Bed Under Beam

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
my bedhead is also under a beam, but my pillow is not

i made sure i got a thick bedhead so that when i lie down, my head is not under the beam :yamseng:

hi applefreak,

yep, mine also like that. me also got a thick bedhead. my fsm also told me to get a bedframe with a thick backing. thankfully the old bed has one already, if not me got to waste $ to buy new frame. hehe..

how about to build feature wall behind the bed?

isit like we sleep behind empty space?

many many thanksssssss

it's not recommended.but then as more and more types of house decor keeps coming up - many were not tested.

general rule of the thumb for bed is a SOLID concrete wall.

how about if use very very thick headboard? the beam is about 26cm

as long as it's SOLID and not hollow.

how about if use very very thick headboard? the beam is about 26cm

I ever heard that hanging a flute at the beam will also reduce the effect sleeping under he beam if really have no choice but to sleep under.

I ever heard that hanging a flute at the beam will also reduce the effect sleeping under he beam if really have no choice but to sleep under.

you will end up having more nightmare fearing the flute might drop on your head or straight into your mouth :lol:

it's not recommended.but then as more and more types of house decor keeps coming up - many were not tested.

general rule of the thumb for bed is a SOLID concrete wall.

hi Mace

What if, the bed headboard is solid wood, however the wall behind the headboard is of plasterboard type(use to even out the recess area)

After reading your emphasize on SOLID, i am a bit worried. Maybe putting the plasterboard to even out the recess area is not a good idea yeah?

Beans, fales ceiling and L box are the same??

My fsm told me not to do any of the above as it will bring more pressure to the family members....anyone???

My fsm told me not to do any of the above as it will bring more pressure to the family members....anyone???

yupz - especially hdb flats, 99% of the ceiling are already very low(except those top-most flr), some prefer to make it EVEN lower.

Mine is top floor, but nvr hv any Lbox or false ceiling...I want to have a very high ceiling...to feel better....

At least the air circulation is good! kekekekeke

yupz - especially hdb flats, 99% of the ceiling are already very low(except those top-most flr), some prefer to make it EVEN lower.

funny is it different fsm have different ideas for fales ceiling and L box??

cos he say as long as it's not beam it's ok becos L-box and fales ceiling inside are "kong xing" (empty)..

so i did L-box...now is my FSM make a mistake??

even my cai wei i also got L-box on top