Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
discoburg

Feature Wall

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hmmm the "back" of your feature wall, is it your bedroom? or is it out of the house?

This makes a difference

If the back is bedroom, need more than 1 day

If the back is out of the house, its better

any glass/mirror on the feature wall? if yes..it MAY takes more than 1 day

hmmm the "back" of your feature wall, is it your bedroom? or is it out of the house?

This makes a difference

If the back is bedroom, need more than 1 day

If the back is out of the house, its better

any glass/mirror on the feature wall? if yes..it MAY takes more than 1 day

Its in the living room. Wanna wall mount the LCD tv and hid the cables thats why.

i mean the situation of the feature wall in ur living room

For tv feature wall, it needs alot of support. The contractor will drill 3 big screws to your wall to support the feature wall. The big screws will is very very long and big.

if the wall you are going to mount the tv, the "back" of the wall is your bedroom, the screw will go through the wall and affect your bedroom. your bedroom will have 3 patch of affected area

if the wall you are going to mount the tv, the "back" is out of the house, its should be no problem

i duno how to explain, but take note of the screws.. my feature wall is situated on the wall sharing the living room and bedroom. After installing the feature wall, my bedroom wall has 3 big patches (the wall pops out). The contractor will then mend the patches for you.

Oh i understand now bro. The back of the wall is out of the house.

By the way just a feature wall for TV will cost how much roughly?

i mean the situation of the feature wall in ur living room

For tv feature wall, it needs alot of support. The contractor will drill 3 big screws to your wall to support the feature wall. The big screws will is very very long and big.

if the wall you are going to mount the tv, the "back" of the wall is your bedroom, the screw will go through the wall and affect your bedroom. your bedroom will have 3 patch of affected area

if the wall you are going to mount the tv, the "back" is out of the house, its should be no problem

i duno how to explain, but take note of the screws.. my feature wall is situated on the wall sharing the living room and bedroom. After installing the feature wall, my bedroom wall has 3 big patches (the wall pops out). The contractor will then mend the patches for you.

Oh i understand now bro. The back of the wall is out of the house.

By the way just a feature wall for TV will cost how much roughly?

i got quotes ranging from $1380-$2k+ (for console+feature wall). Size: 7feet

for feature wall only i m not quite too sure bro

To save cost, I have installed a 6ft wide partition wall in front of my living room wall. This is reinforced with steel so it is strong enough to hold a 42" flat screen TV. They cut a 10cm hole on the middle and one at the bottom so that your wires can stick out and connect to your DVD, SCV..etc on your existing TV console. This partition wall... with paint finishing, cost me $350. May cost more if it is a stand alone job.

Not as nice as bro Yang Guo's but I like it cause it is plain and simple. If you want it to look more posh... you can DIY wallpaper finishing or stick wickplay on the wall. I am sticking wickplay stickers ($69) on my wall to give it more character. Btw... I have also installed T-5 4ft tube lights on the sides of the partition wall to create a glowing effect on the back of my wall. FYI.

Just some options you can consider. :D

i got quotes ranging from $1380-$2k+ (for console+feature wall). Size: 7feet

for feature wall only i m not quite too sure bro

To save cost, I have installed a 6ft wide partition wall in front of my living room wall. This is reinforced with steel so it is strong enough to hold a 42" flat screen TV. They cut a 10cm hole on the middle and one at the bottom so that your wires can stick out and connect to your DVD, SCV..etc on your existing TV console. This partition wall... with paint finishing, cost me $350. May cost more if it is a stand alone job.

Not as nice as bro Yang Guo's but I like it cause it is plain and simple. If you want it to look more posh... you can DIY wallpaper finishing or stick wickplay on the wall. I am sticking wickplay stickers ($69) on my wall to give it more character. Btw... I have also installed T-5 4ft tube lights on the sides of the partition wall to create a glowing effect on the back of my wall. FYI.

Just some options you can consider. :dancingqueen:

partition featured tv wall is nice leh..its v unique.. the normal tv feature wall is too common

i wanted to do partition feature wall in my living room too,but becos of space constraint i didnt do it..how i wish my hse is bigger

thats a good suggestion bro

Not much space difference lah.... I just not as rich as you... haha. :P

My original living room also very narrow... but I shifted a bedroom wall, making it smaller so as to enlarge my living room. Now my living area feels so much more spacious! :D

I also want nice nice feature wall.... but just like your quote indicated... it will costs well above 1k.... a luxury I cannot afford. :(

But my partition wall turned out quite nice... especially the T-5 lights at the back and painted a different colour from my other walls. My TV console will be delivered this Sat and plasma will be up by this Sun.... hope there will be no issues and it will look good after installation. :D

partition featured tv wall is nice leh..its v unique.. the normal tv feature wall is too common

i wanted to do partition feature wall in my living room too,but becos of space constraint i didnt do it..how i wish my hse is bigger

thats a good suggestion bro

Just some options you can consider. :D

S$350 cheap leh. Can recommend your carpenter?

Mine part of whole reno job. So dono who is the carpenter. If you want, I can ask my contractor for the contact, but I doubt it will be $350 for a stand alone job.

S$350 cheap leh. Can recommend your carpenter?

Mine part of whole reno job. So dono who is the carpenter. If you want, I can ask my contractor for the contact, but I doubt it will be $350 for a stand alone job.

Hi Max,

Can post a picture of your cheap but nice partition feature wall please? I also wanted a feature wall but my quote was even worse - S$3k! If yours was S$350 but nice, even if more ex like S$500 also worth it for standalone job... :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Ptro

Sure... will try to post a picture tonight.... for the wall complete with TV console and plasma, you'll have to wait till Monday. :lol:

Hi Max,

Can post a picture of your cheap but nice partition feature wall please? I also wanted a feature wall but my quote was even worse - S$3k! If yours was S$350 but nice, even if more ex like S$500 also worth it for standalone job... :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Ptro

Here u go... btw... it is not a feature wall of any kind at all... it is just a partition wall with steel frame back to wall mount my TV and hide the wires behind. :dunno:

dsc00220os7.jpg

Hi Max,

Can post a picture of your cheap but nice partition feature wall please? I also wanted a feature wall but my quote was even worse - S$3k! If yours was S$350 but nice, even if more ex like S$500 also worth it for standalone job... :P

Cheers,

Ptro

Here u go... btw... it is not a feature wall of any kind at all... it is just a partition wall with steel frame back to wall mount my TV and hide the wires behind. :furious:

dsc00220os7.jpg

look great.. but just wondering.. how come you dint do the whole length of the wall..?? is it part of the design..?

r u using 2 fluo lamp behind that wall? the LCD mounting not up yet.. ur contractor/ID will help u do it?

me also thinking of doing like this.. will need your imput :bleah: