Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
discoburg

Feature Wall

Hey Max!

Finally you post your picture up! I was thinking when you are going to do it? :dancingqueen:

Very simple and nice actually! Are the lights behind T5 or T8? By the way, how did you install your partition wall, as in, how do you keep it upright, since it is not against the wall? :furious: Pardon this noob on DIY and reno in general... Errr.. also which type of partition did you get?

Haha... asking for a lot hor? Anyway hope you have time to answer some of these queries, might really help many of us here to save some $$$! :furious:

:dancingqueen:

Ptro

Here u go... btw... it is not a feature wall of any kind at all... it is just a partition wall with steel frame back to wall mount my TV and hide the wires behind. :yamseng:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all....

Just moved into our new place! Some teething problems but sorting them out one by one. Anyways.. I just got my computer set up.

To answer your questions... I did not do full width of the wall for three main reasons 1) 6ft width is meant to match my 6ft TV console, 2) So that I can put T-5 lights behind the partition wall, 3) to save costs!!

The partition wall is full height end-to-end. Back of the wall is steel and wood, so that it can support the weight of the TV. As for how they did it...err... I wasn't there to watch... so I dono. The TV can be mounted by the TV guys or the contractor. But usually it is the TV guy as part of the service for new TV purchase. If old TV, then pay lor.

My TV is already up and TV console in place! I just spent some time earlier to link up my SCV and DVD recorder. Complete!! I will stick winkplay as deco for the wall tomorrow and will try to post some pictures.

I have also spend time over the weekend putting up the oil paintings we bought from Shenzhen and mirrors from Ikea. The place really looks great!! Still got some unpacking to but glad that it is 70% done!

Will keep u guys posted... so watch out for more pictures! :)

look great.. but just wondering.. how come you dint do the whole length of the wall..?? is it part of the design..?

r u using 2 fluo lamp behind that wall? the LCD mounting not up yet.. ur contractor/ID will help u do it?

me also thinking of doing like this.. will need your imput :)

OK.... here are pictures of my completed partition wall with TV mounted. I have also included a side picture. The partition wall is actually attached to the main wall... but it is covered up nicely. The T-5 lights are also tucked in behind so that others will not see them from the sides. Let me know what you think! :sport-smiley-004:

dsc00226iq9.jpg

dsc00229ln3.jpg

This is a shot of my living room... with the 3-piece oil painting we bought from Shenzhen.

dsc00236oq6.jpg

Nice featured wall...everything seems to go nicely with the TV console. Mind if I ask where and how much you got the TV console?

What is T5/T9 lights huh?

Congrates on the move in!

Just wondering if the effect would be nicer with warm yellow lights, ie; when off the main lights in living room, the T-5 light behind will give a greater effect in warm yellow light since colour tone will set off better against the wall in the dark?

Now then see your nice tv console up! hehe, so how's the tv console serving you now? :ph34r:

Edited by BunBun

Got my TV console from a JB furniture shop... transport, levy and GST all in.... RM1000 or about S$440.

T-5 lights are thin strip of flourescent lights... often used to install inside furniture because they are thinner than the usual flourescent tubes.

Nice featured wall...everything seems to go nicely with the TV console. Mind if I ask where and how much you got the TV console?

What is T5/T9 lights huh?

Congrates on the move in!

Got my TV console from a JB furniture shop... transport, levy and GST all in.... RM1000 or about S$440.

T-5 lights are thin strip of flourescent lights... often used to install inside furniture because they are thinner than the usual flourescent tubes.

Wah...imported leh...I not so adventures to go JB and find...also don't know how to start....haha....so better stick to local...saw 1 or 2 interesting one so far...but still looking...

Also toying with the idea of feature wall...see your pix make my heart itchy...hahahaha......

Decent looking TV consoles in Singapore are so overpriced!

Not worth buying in my books.

Wah...imported leh...I not so adventures to go JB and find...also don't know how to start....haha....so better stick to local...saw 1 or 2 interesting one so far...but still looking...

Also toying with the idea of feature wall...see your pix make my heart itchy...hahahaha......

Actually... all my lights are warm lights except for the kitchen. In real life... the T-5 lights looks more romantic and warm.... but when I take pictures using my hp... it always turns out a bit more whitish.

The TV console is great! :ph34r: Very solid construction and consequently... very heavy. In fact, both my wife and I were standing on the console to stick winkplay decals... as it is as stable as a rock..... don't regret buying it at all. It actually comes with blue lights bulit in... but I don't think I will plug it in and use it. Not necessary.

Just wondering if the effect would be nicer with warm yellow lights, ie; when off the main lights in living room, the T-5 light behind will give a greater effect in warm yellow light since colour tone will set off better against the wall in the dark?

Now then see your nice tv console up! hehe, so how's the tv console serving you now? :)

Edited by Max383

That's good to hear! Did your tv console come with any minor scratches too? I thought your T-5 is white from the pic cos looks bright

Actually... all my lights are warm lights except for the kitchen. In real life... the T-5 lights looks more romantic and warm.... but when I take pictures using my hp... it always turns out a bit more whitish.

The TV console is great! :bangwall: Very solid construction and consequently... very heavy. In fact, both my wife and I were standing on the console to stick winkplay decals... as it is as stable as a rock..... don't regret buying it at all. It actually comes with blue lights bulit in... but I don't think I will plug it in and use it. Not necessary.

No... it came well-wrapped. No visible external scratches except for a chip inside... more like a manufacture QC problem rather than a transport issue.

Ya... I know the pictures looks like white light... it doesn't do justice to the actual lighting effect that we have.

That's good to hear! Did your tv console come with any minor scratches too? I thought your T-5 is white from the pic cos looks bright

I suppose that transport wise for yours, it was a piece of furniture sent across while mine was like several pieces of furniture hence the custom handling. Must be the strict check for any suspicious items :bangwall:

So true loh....haiz...where abt in Johor do you shop? My knowledge of JB very limited :notti:

No... not one piece... as I understood... it came into Singapore inside one of three truck loads of furniture! Many JB shops use transport companies to send their furniture. So transport companies will pull the orders and pack the truck full before they set off. No economies of scale if they just send one piece.

Guess at the end of the day.. it is how the transport company's workers handle the furniture. Depending on luck I guess.... but it is good if you and others can feedback to the shop... then they may not use this transport company again.

I suppose that transport wise for yours, it was a piece of furniture sent across while mine was like several pieces of furniture hence the custom handling. Must be the strict check for any suspicious items :)

I also don't like the see the ugly wires. zz

I once saw in one of the many furniture shops I have visited, there was a TV console that comes with an attached vertical board behind that acts as some sort of mobile feature wall. It is meant for mounting flat screen TV and hiding ugly wires. I think it was a shop in JB near Giant Hypermart. Sorry... not very sure now. zz But If you can find that... then it will solve your problem.

A feature wall may not work for you... since you have aircon on top. But you can always show a contractor pictures of my partition wall and see if they can do something similar... maybe possible since the partition wall is kept upright because it is attached to the main wall... and not the ceiling. No harm asking around. :)

wow can help me solve my bedroom lcd problem too, wait i go find pix

pls help me, look at post# 6818

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...428&st=6800