Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
baguana

Mr & Mrs Klick's Home

The reno is finally entering its final run up to completion, and we're looking at moving in by the end of the month. The carpentry for the shoe cabinet, tv console, kitchen cabinet and dining table are already in, although most of them are half completed. Below are some teasers before we post photos of more completed works... :thumbs up:

P1020678a.jpg

Oblique view of my kitchen from the living room.... partially showing the dining table on the bottom left. The tamper glass will be one of the last to go up...

P1020666a.jpg

View of my partially completed kitchen cabinet. Still quite a lot of work to be done there.

P1020673a.jpg

View of my bedroom cum study from the entrance. Parquet flooring not yet polished and varnished, so look a bit dull....

P1020672a.jpg

Looks very nice with the parquet flooring done up.... however, this view will change when the wardrobe is installed, partitioning the back part of the room into a study.

:dancingqueen:

Your paquet flooring very nice. Your living room oso paquet or homo?

Your kitchen also very nice, those cabinet are mirror or glass laminated?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
The past few days were days where we made purchases after purchases. This means that our wallet is burnt with a big hole!

On Saturday, we met Mr K at Poh Joo to choose our sanitary accessories. The damage was $1000.

Purchases include:

- Kitchen Sink

- Master Toilet Sink

- Master Toilet Bowl

- Toilet Paper holder

- Towel Holder

- Towel Rack

- Shower accessories

P1020590Medium.jpg

Our small sink due to our constrainted and small vanity top.

P1020623Medium.jpg

I love my tap!

P1020606.jpg

I love the shape of this towel holder

P1020596.jpg

Toilet Paper Holder

P1020616Medium.jpg

Kitchen Sink

hey how much is your kitchen sink?

Hi, mine is 4-room......... find it quite small loh. still getting quote from ID but havn't confirmed on any yet. On tight budget leh..........haiz!

just to check how much did you pay for the 605 with the wharferdale speakers @ KEC.

Hi Toothytooth, paid close to $3k for the whole system.

wow....way over my budget.

wanted this av receiver but think now have to settle for something less till the finance allows.

The AVR itself is only $700+. It's the speakers that blew the price up. You can consider settling for cheaper speakers or just buy the front speakers first and get the rest later.

If you are looking for a nice HTIB, can consider Sony DAV-DZ1000. $1899. Not exactly cheap for a HTIB but the built and look is really quite good. You have to see to understand.... I was contemplating between the Onkyo set and this Sony model, but seriously, it's quite like comparing apple with orange. Alternatively, if you need a receiver set with HDMI input, can check out the Sony HT-SF2000 also... $899.

:yamseng:

The AVR itself is only $700+. It's the speakers that blew the price up. You can consider settling for cheaper speakers or just buy the front speakers first and get the rest later.

If you are looking for a nice HTIB, can consider Sony DAV-DZ1000. $1899. Not exactly cheap for a HTIB but the built and look is really quite good. You have to see to understand.... I was contemplating between the Onkyo set and this Sony model, but seriously, it's quite like comparing apple with orange. Alternatively, if you need a receiver set with HDMI input, can check out the Sony HT-SF2000 also... $899.

!!

Hi baguana,

I also bought 605 with definitive speakers last weekend from KEC Dennis.

Who did you buy it from? and did K liase with him on the installation?

I bought it to cater for future blu ray player.. !!

Edited by Redwyrm

The renovation for our new home is nearing its completion, with most of the carpentry up. Nonetheless, there are still quite a lot of touch up required for the different areas. The chemical wash is scheduled for 30 Mar and we're moving in most of the old stuff and delivery of the new items on 31 Mar. The plan is to officially move in on 1 Apr 08. Hope everything goes well and according to plan...

Here's a walk-through of our new home... starting from the entrance.... :)

DSC_8590.jpg

View from the main door.

On the left is the false wall cover the door of the bomb shelter. To the right is the shoe cabinet and top shelf, with a nice separation in-between. Mrs Klick likes the shoe cabinet a lot cos it is quite spacious and can hold many of her shoes. Still, she has "encouraged" me to give up some of my space for her expanding collection. :(

DSC_8571.jpg

View of the living room from the entrance passageway.

The wooden area under the aircon on the left will be a mirror that will make the living room look more spacious. Eagerly awaiting its installation! :bow:

DSC_8605.jpg

View of the kitchen.

Walking in further into the living room, we have the kitchen on the left. The solid surface worktop has not been installed yet. Also, the two more doors to the kitchen cabinet has been changed cos they made a mistake and use black glass instead of black mirror. The stove will be installed this Sunday. We checked the almanac and it's suppose to be a good day to do so. The tempered glass is also not up, so it currently gives an impression of an open concept kitchen.

DSC_8576.jpg

View of the TV feature wall.

Turning around, we see the TV feature wall without the TV. Can't wait to get our 46" LCD TV installed! :P

P1020713.jpg

View of the "entertainment room".

We're still a little confused over what to do with this room, but most likely it will be home to our older 32" LCD TV. My XBox 360 will probably come here too... In case you're wondering, the tempered glass and door has yet to be installed.

To be continued...

... continue from earlier post.

DSC_8581.jpg

DSC_8577.jpg

View of the master bedroom from the entrance.

On the left is the bed head and the side tables. Not completed yet. On the right is the dressing table separated with the vertical wooden columns.

DSC_8585.jpg

View from inside the master bedroom.

We like the cove lighting... but there's no dimmer for it... Think I need to talk to Mr K about it...

P1020721.jpg

Our wardrobe.

A L-shaped wardrobe that separates the Master bedroom and the study.

P1020736.jpg

A nice small area that will become our study. Supposedly my "wen chang wei". Hopefully I will become smarter sitting there often! Haha... :wub:

:P

Hi baguana,

I also bought 605 with definitive speakers last weekend from KEC Dennis.

Who did you buy it from? and did K liase with him on the installation?

I bought it to cater for future blu ray player.. :)

Hi Redwyrm,

I bought mine from Patrick. Have you taken delivery of your set yet? You know that the 606 is coming out soon right? Quite power... 4 HDMI input and upscaling to 1080i. Pass through for 1808p signal. I'm getting the 606 instead, so have to wait till it's available before I ask them to deliver. If you have not collected your set, maybe can consider getting the 606 instead. Always good to have more HDMI input as it's the way to go...

Installation-wise, I'm liasing directly with them, not through Mr K. Did you pay for the $70 installation service?

I also bought a PS3 set yesterday. :notti: Not so much for the gaming but more as a Blu-Ray player. Which brand of the BRD player are you planning to buy?

:D

Your layout is the same as mine......hehe.......

You mean the original flat layout or the reno design layout? Which ID did you pick eventually?

Hi Redwyrm,

I bought mine from Patrick. Have you taken delivery of your set yet? You know that the 606 is coming out soon right? Quite power... 4 HDMI input and upscaling to 1080i. Pass through for 1808p signal. I'm getting the 606 instead, so have to wait till it's available before I ask them to deliver. If you have not collected your set, maybe can consider getting the 606 instead. Always good to have more HDMI input as it's the way to go...

Installation-wise, I'm liasing directly with them, not through Mr K. Did you pay for the $70 installation service?

I also bought a PS3 set yesterday. :notti: Not so much for the gaming but more as a Blu-Ray player. Which brand of the BRD player are you planning to buy?

:D

You mean the original flat layout or the reno design layout? Which ID did you pick eventually?

Have not got the set yet.. got an option to upgrade, most probably will upgrade too. :)

Mr. K said he will liase with them on the wiring and my installation cost is $80 leh.. !!

Most probably I will get a DVD player with upscale capabilities first and maybe a PS3. :jawdrop: Will get a BR player once it is more cheaper and common.

:)