Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
baguana

Mr & Mrs Klick's Home

27th Dec 2007

The day we have been waiting for! Collection of our keys! After months and months of waiting, we finally collected our keys!

Our key collection time was 3.10pm and we were there by 1pm. There was still ample time after lunch at the nearby coffeeshop so we popped by the HBD Habitat Forum. Mrs Klick liked the colour scheme of the 4-room showflat and reiterated her point that we should have a stronger theme and adopt a bolder colour scheme. I liked the colours they used as well but I still think we need to make sure the colours need to match the modern we have chosen for the living room. Have to keep assuring her that the place won't be just white. She seems to have this impression that I want the flat to be mainly white. C'mon... I'm not so boring okay? :)

Still had time in hand so we went for a walk to the shophouses nearby. When we returned at 2.45pm, we were shocked to see our queue number been flashed on three of the display slots! We quickly went to the designated cubicle and lucky the lady officer was still waiting for us. Phew~!

The process of collecting the keys at HDB Hub was a straightforward but tedious one. Why tedious? Because there are lots and lots of documents to sign. Finally finished signing the documents and took over the keys after around an hour. Left the cubicle and went to collect the piping/electrical plan and applied for utilities at SP. After that, we're done! Here's the bag of keys that we have long been waiting for...

000028r1.jpg

But we can't open the doors today, cos we've got to wait for our Feng Shui Master to open the door with us tomorrow. Well, as I told Mrs Klick, we have waited for the keys for eons, what's another day of waiting to us?

For a start, below is our proposed layout by our ID, Mr K!

s640x480.jpg

Edited by baguana

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hallo welcome!:jawdrop: me stayin tune for ur pics. anyway my id oso fr ideal hse but not mr k. he's johnny. :)

Hi all,

Thanks for the post. My blog was initially at live journal so decided to shift it here. So me going to "migrate" more posts here....

Stay Tune

28 Dec 2007

Today, we open the door to our new home!

Reached our new place at around 9.40am and waited a while for our Feng Shui (FS) Master (Wang Shifu) from Hong Tai Ge to arrive. Was tempted to open the door to go in but remembered his directions to wait for him and not go in ourselves. He reached at the appointed time at 10am and after a simple ceremony at the door, which included saying some auspicious words and some banging on the door, we opened the door to our new flat for the first time!

We could finally see the view from our flat. Not the magnificent sea view that some units facing the stadium are famed for, but we're both satisfied with the wide berth we have from the flats opposite us. Sadly, we couldn't see the Singapore Flyer. Probably our flat is too low. We had previously visited units higher up above us and they could catch a glimpse of the Singapore Flyer. Well, we're still contented with our unit nonetheless!

000037zq.jpg

00004zct.jpg

Bedroom 1 (Possibly going to become our MBR - We're going to hack away the wall adjoining Bedroom 1 and the MBR). Our FS Master says this room is perfect for us. He says we will have a kid a year if we stay in this room. Hahah... the image of Mrs Klick as a "mu zhu" keeps appearing thereafter! Haha... We'll most likely take his advice, cos we both like the room very much as well and we feel very "comfortable" in that room as compared to the MBR. (Not to say we are uncomfortable in the MBR).

00006657.jpg

000054yk.jpg

The common toilet (left) and the MBR toilet (right). Mrs Klick can't stand the tiles. We're going to overlay everything....

12 Jan 08

Hurray! Work on our flat will start on Monday!

I sms Mr K yesterday to find out the cost for the PE that we require for the hacking. He got back to me with the figures and also informed me that our permit for the hacking of the walls have been approved and so work will start on next Monday! This is good news! So far we could only watch in envy while we see our neighbours starting work on their flat! Finally, ours will start....

Yesterday night, Mrs Klick and I went on a "hunting" trip to our new flat in an attempt to catch the possible illegal worker (IW) that was making the corridor outside our flat his home at night. We have never seen this IW but it was through deduction and info from various sources, we assessed someone was staying there. Some of the key points were:

1) There had been a foul stench at the corridor outside our unit. The drain was chocked with a black dunno-what gross substance. We have since got Town Council to clean it up, only after having to call them up numerous times over 2 months and finally threatening to write in a formal complaint.

2) There was a carpet and a empty lunchbox containing a fork and spoon wrapped in newspaper hidden behind one of the pipes in the corridor. I took the liberty to get rid of these stuff to tell him he is not welcomed.

s640x480a.jpg

3) The cleaner there told us that there is this Chinese guy that sleeps there. He had come across him in a few occasions.

4) Small pieces of crumpled-up newspaper were left at the corner of the space between the gate and the wooden door of my unit and my neighbours on a few occasion. There was even a few times when a whole set of a Chinese newspaper was stuffed at my gate. This was after I had taken it out and threw it one side. Next morning it was back at the same place! Spooky...

Based on these information, we called the police and asked them to look into it. So far they haven't gotten back to us on it. The only update I got from them when I called to check was that they had sent additional patrol to check at night. Pretty disappointing...

We drove over at around 1.30am and stealthily took the lift up to three floors above our flat. This was because we suspected he would make a run for it thru the stairs when he heard the lift stop at our level. So up we went and quietly, we walked to the other end and of the floor and looked down to survey the corridor area outside our flat. Well, he was not there.... We went down to our floor and to our corridor area and confirmed there was no one there. Even the smell that lingered after the washing seemed to have disappeared. Perhaps he is finally gone... Gone for good

Edited by baguana

26 Jan 08

Renovation work officially started on the 15th of January. The workers started with the ceiling works & electrical works, followed by the hacking and then the tiling works. According to Mr K, this will minimise the damage to our floor. :sport-smiley-003:

On 18th of January we took a peep into our new place. All the walls were already hacked away. The whole place looks so spacious now. Ceiling works were also half done with the electrical wires done up.

Take a look into our new place.

s320x240.jpg

View from the passageway from the main door. Left-most is the kitchen with the walls hacked away.

0000acxt.jpg

On the right is Bedroom 3, or rather, the "entertainment room". It will have a glass wall and glass door.

0000bysy.jpg

View from the Master bedroom. The other room other the right was originally Bedroom 2, but we have hacked away the wall to combine it with the Master bedroom. The study will be there as well.

4th March 08

Latest update!

-All ceiling works are completed.

-Electrical works completed

-living room homogenous tiling completed

-Kitchen's cabinet base completed

-Cement Screeding completed

-Painting half done

P1020639Medium.jpg]

Entertainment room painted with ICI - Granite

P1020637Medium.jpg

Bedroom 2 painted with ICI - Bisque

P1020642Medium.jpg

Kitchen entrance false wall painted with granite

Bluberi

Ic.. Me from the SERS programme too. I bought a flat annouced for SERS and got this replacement flat.

i see.. my colleague gt no choice..

but how come u so late den get ur keys, my colleague shifted in 1yrs++ liao leh..

The past few days were days where we made purchases after purchases. This means that our wallet is burnt with a big hole!

On Saturday, we met Mr K at Poh Joo to choose our sanitary accessories. The damage was $1000.

Purchases include:

- Kitchen Sink

- Master Toilet Sink

- Master Toilet Bowl

- Toilet Paper holder

- Towel Holder

- Towel Rack

- Shower accessories

P1020590Medium.jpg

Our small sink due to our constrainted and small vanity top.

P1020623Medium.jpg

I love my tap!

P1020606.jpg

I love the shape of this towel holder

P1020596.jpg

Toilet Paper Holder

P1020616Medium.jpg

Kitchen Sink

i see.. my colleague gt no choice..

but how come u so late den get ur keys, my colleague shifted in 1yrs++ liao leh..

Bluberi,

Ya cause we are the second batch of SERS at Sims Drive. The first batch was the Blk 8 at Upper Boon Keng

Bluberi,

Ya cause we are the second batch of SERS at Sims Drive. The first batch was the Blk 8 at Upper Boon Keng

i see

Hi baguana,

you have a unique nick, although i dont know what it means. :curse: Anyway hope to see more of your reno pics and btw i also a member of the K club.. :D Havent started any reno though..

:bangwall:

Edited by Redwyrm