Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hobbes187

Hobbes187's Stomping Ground

ID just called me... Says my 3D drawing will be done by tmr if no more hiccups... Finally! :dancingqueen:

Painting going on now and lighting is scheduled to be installed this weekend. After one week of inactivity, things are moving again :good:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi, can i check is it possible to purchase just the bedframe? cause i already bought a simmons mattress. like the bedframe a lot. do u know the price?

hi, can i check is it possible to purchase just the bedframe? cause i already bought a simmons mattress. like the bedframe a lot. do u know the price?

Not sure if you can purchase it separately... Why not walk into serta shop to check it out? Even if they do sell you it's prob going to be in the range of $1000 cos the frame + bench is $500 with matteress purchase.

Make sure your ID applies for HDB permit to install the fan. My window contractor applied for me and I think HDB requires the use of wired glass so the fan wont fall off.

Rocker switches are the large button ones. Hager has many kinds of switches so try to get your ID to show u the one they are giving. I told my ID to get a sample from the electrician so will post it here after I see it.

finally got your serta bed ya :notti:

noted, will ask ID about the vent fan..thanks for the reminder :)

Coffee Table Settled!

P1040111resized.jpg

We went to Ikea today under the impression that there will be massive sales since it's their 30th anniversary sale but we were disappointed. Only selected items were on sale and none were the ones we want. So we left empty handed :(

Next we went to Furniture Mall to look for dining chairs. Couldn't find any that are nice yet fit our budget. Thought it will be another wasted trip but then we saw a nice glass coffee table which is of the right size we have been looking for everywhere! We want a small glass table for the living room and really like this *****. :good::good::good: We put a deposit for it immediately...

Thats another thing to mark off the list :sport-smiley-018:

Hi, care to share where did you get the coffee table? It's very nice. We are currently looking for one as well.

Thanks

Hi, care to share where did you get the coffee table? It's very nice. We are currently looking for one as well.

Thanks

No problem. The shop is Home Theme Pte Ltd. 3rd floor of Furniture Mall. Think it cost me $399. On hindsight, its a bit expensive for a table its size but its very nice :)

Alternatively you can go to Marina Sq Muji. I saw a few tables that look like glass ones but upon close inspection, they were made of acrylic. No danger of shattering and the sizes they had were the ones I wanted too. Too bad I already bought mine :P Anyway the Muji one was $199 only.

Finally the updated 3D drawing is sent to me!! Overall I think this set of drawing is much better than the last round. However, there are still some small details to sort out with ID.

Living room - Added TV feature wall and changed the laminate and design of the shoe cabinet & shelter feature. But I am still not satisfied with the TV console. Probably that will have to be changed but overall I think it is much nicer than before :)

Before:

3_3d_drawing_02.jpg

After:

3d_drawing_0011_resized.jpg

Before:

2_3d_drawing_02.jpg

After:

3d_drawing_001_resized.jpg

Master Bedroom - The only addition here is the corner TV console to hide the aircon trunking. But I think this console is a bit too big and too high. Will have to get ID to change this also. I am thinking of something lower and not at a 45 degree angle so it wont obstruct the walkway so much.

3d_drawing_002_resized.jpg

3d_drawing_0021_resized.jpg

MBR toilet - Added open shelfing below the vanity top. Its going to be where all the towels will be kept.

Before

6_3d_drawing_04.jpg

After

3d_drawing1_resized.jpg

Kitchen - Chenged the laminate used and now the kitchen look more like what we want. Only thing left to sort out will be the placement of the drawers and stuff like that.

Before

1_3d_drawing_01.jpg

After

3d_drawing_resized.jpg

After pondering over the 3D drawing again... I am still not totally satisfied with it. There are still some things that I thing can be improved:

Living room

1. TV console - Personally I dont like the glass panels. I am thinking of replacing all the doors with white laminates. Also, I think the console corners will look nicer with rounded edges.

2. Shelter feature - The placement of the brown laminates could be improved. Seems like there are too much brown laminates on the left side of the wall. I will have to think of a better arrangement :(

MBR

1. Corner tv console - This is a real headache. On one hand I want this console to hide the trunking. On the other hand, the trunking seem less obvious now after the painting and I'm afraid it wont turn out as nice as I hope. The one in the picture is frankly quite ugly :( :(

Anyway, will try to redesign the console to be smaller and lower. Again, I dont like the front panels. Maybe using sliding doors will be nicer? :dunno:

2. The left side of curtains should extend behind the console and not end abrubtly in the middle of the room.

Kitchen

1. Will remove the glass panel on the left side and extend the cabinate doors downwards. Somehow i really dun like these greenish glass panels. For the dish rack I have no choice but to use it :P

2. Need some large drawers for pots and pans. Need to redesign the layout of the doors.

Overall the pictures can still be improved. Hopefully the next revision wont take so long cos my carpentry fabrication is suppose to start soon! Also, I wonder why my ID always send me scanned versions which are grainy while some of you with steven can get the large high resolution versions :(

Personally, I prefer the 1st drawing for most area. Cos personally, I prefer clean lines and simpler cuts.

I never like that glossy laminate finish for bomb shelter feature, as u can see from my 3D I only asked for a door feature instead. But Steven insisted that a full feature is nicer, so I told him that I am not going to laminate the full feature wall. I will be using wallpaper.

If you have some cash to spare, maybe a full feature with mirror would be nice.

I ever saw a unit in punggol, their designer designed a featured door only, with natural sands and stones. It's quite unique. You can consider too.

Anyway, above are just my personal opinions to share. =)

Personally, I prefer the 1st drawing for most area. Cos personally, I prefer clean lines and simpler cuts.

I never like that glossy laminate finish for bomb shelter feature, as u can see from my 3D I only asked for a door feature instead. But Steven insisted that a full feature is nicer, so I told him that I am not going to laminate the full feature wall. I will be using wallpaper.

If you have some cash to spare, maybe a full feature with mirror would be nice.

I ever saw a unit in punggol, their designer designed a featured door only, with natural sands and stones. It's quite unique. You can consider too.

Anyway, above are just my personal opinions to share. =)

Due to restrictions after advice from FSM, we can't put mirror at the shelter area nor use black in the entire house. The more I look at the drawing, the more I think I need to make some changes to make the living room less complicated. Maybe I should sit down and draw it out myself rather than hope the ID can comeout with something I want...

Due to restrictions after advice from FSM, we can't put mirror at the shelter area nor use black in the entire house. The more I look at the drawing, the more I think I need to make some changes to make the living room less complicated. Maybe I should sit down and draw it out myself rather than hope the ID can comeout with something I want...

:sport-smiley-003::sport-smiley-003:

Consider wallpaper? Anyway, all owners share same woes as we wanted it our way! Ha... Don't worry too much.

liked your corner TV console :wub:

we cant have red, black, green and yellow in the whole house..therefore most of items are either cream white or walnut colour..

no pure white as i dun like white..sumore got 2 dogs, difficult to maintain..

wish i could draw but my drawing CMI, can only leave to ID..

wall paper is a good idea too but i think most likely i am going for wall decal =P

Edited by babytan

liked your corner TV console :wub:

we cant have red, black, green and yellow in the whole house..therefore most of items are either cream white or walnut colour..

no pure white as i dun like white..sumore got 2 dogs, difficult to maintain..

wish i could draw but my drawing CMI, can only leave to ID..

wall paper is a good idea too but i think most likely i am going for wall decal =P

U like the corner console? :bangwall:

I find it a bit too big lei. And the front panels could be done better. Will definitely make my ID re-design it. I've been playing around with the shelter feature on photoshop. Hopefully can come up with something. I've also got an idea on how the TV console should be, maybe will try drawing it with google sketchup :)

Tmr will be lighting installation... Hope my lights turn out nice :rolleyes: