Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hobbes187

Hobbes187's Stomping Ground

Went down over the weekend and the false ceilings and L-box are up. I just realised that false ceilings are actually cheapo pieces of wood fixed onto cheapo bars drilled into the ceiling. So the cost to the ID is probably very very low... They look terrible when initially installed and will only look good once the touch up and painting is done.

Living/Dining area - Ugly before touch up

P1040235resized.jpg

MBR

P1040231resized.jpg

There is a problem in the MBR. The installer didnt leave a space near the window for curtain installation. I'm against the idea of installing the curtain rails on the false ceiling itself cos it will probably collapse due to fatigue stress after years of pulling on the curtain. My ID will get them to tear down and redo the whole thing :)

P1040233resized.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Went down over the weekend and the false ceilings and L-box are up. I just realised that false ceilings are actually cheapo pieces of wood fixed onto cheapo bars drilled into the ceiling. So the cost to the ID is probably very very low... They look terrible when initially installed and will only look good once the touch up and painting is done.

Living/Dining area - Ugly before touch up

P1040235resized.jpg

wow... so fast ceiling work liao....

MBR

P1040231resized.jpg

There is a problem in the MBR. The installer didnt leave a space near the window for curtain installation. I'm against the idea of installing the curtain rails on the false ceiling itself cos it will probably collapse due to fatigue stress after years of pulling on the curtain. My ID will get them to tear down and redo the whole thing :)

P1040233resized.jpg

I tink nobody install on the false ceiling aso. :D

Dun worry, I aso encounter the same problem. It can b alter to curtain pelmet.. :)

L3x

Edited by Lin & L3x

wow... so fast ceiling work liao....

Ya... Progress is faster than the schedule by a few days. This week will be completion of false ceiling and then painting. Next week will be installation of lights and windows.

However I'm predicting a slowdown of work soon. Why? Because I have yet to view my revised 3D drawing!! I have added in a TV feature wall, a corner TV console in the MBR, changed the laminates of all the carpentry, requested a re-design of the living room TV console, bomb shelter feature, shoe cabinet and lastly, a re-design of kitchen cabinet to include more large drawers instead of shelves (to facilitate ease of arrangements and retrieval of items) Looks like its a wholesale change :notti:

Seems like the Ideal House drafter is bogged down by too many drawings to draw and is very very slow... I've been waiting for the revision for weeks already... ID promised to show it to me soon :P Business too good la :D

hi hobbes, yr reno is progressing well! grats!

seems that you are happy with yr ID, so i guess i'll b in good hands too ;)

show us yr new drawings soon! i'm still waiting for mine.. neck long long liao :~

hi hobbes, yr reno is progressing well! grats!

seems that you are happy with yr ID, so i guess i'll b in good hands too ;)

show us yr new drawings soon! i'm still waiting for mine.. neck long long liao :~

My neck is also long from all the waiting! Hopefully I can hear something from him soon! Heard they just employed a 2nd drafter. But the guy dunno how to use their software and is learning from scratch :furious::furious::furious:

Yah. They got a 2nd drafter... but thing is, the licensing software is for 1 only !! So it's like turn-by-turn use lor. :dunno:

Yah. They got a 2nd drafter... but thing is, the licensing software is for 1 only !! So it's like turn-by-turn use lor. :dunno:

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: They better do something soon... Maybe one guy do 6am to 6pm and next guy do 6pm to 6am... 12 hours rotating shifts :D

I only needed to wait 2 weeks each for my first 2 drawings but now I've been waiting for more than 1 mth for the latest revisions... My capentry should be starting soon but I am still waiting for the 3D. Hopefully will be swee swee and no need anymore changes.

But I dont blame my ID cos the bottleneck is at the admin/backroom side. Think he can only queue up with the other IDs for the precious service of the 2 drafters and one software :bow:

Of cos! Posted it earlier... See the link below... You interested in fixing up also?

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=296224

yeap, sorry eyes tiak stamp :bangwall:

if i remembered correctly, my common toilet got big windows which is divided into 2 panels but mine is casement type, told ID can have 1 part to install the ventilation fan. he said is possible and KDK cost $150+ :dunno: cos i think cheap compared to what was being mentioned that it cost $200 ya?

your windows little bit different from mine la..hehehehe btw your house switches uses hager also? cos ID proposed to use this than clipsal or legrand..he said quality better wor.. :dunno:

btw, your house colour very nice..waiting for carpentary liao huh :notti:

yeap, sorry eyes tiak stamp :bangwall:

if i remembered correctly, my common toilet got big windows which is divided into 2 panels but mine is casement type, told ID can have 1 part to install the ventilation fan. he said is possible and KDK cost $150+ :dunno: cos i think cheap compared to what was being mentioned that it cost $200 ya?

your windows little bit different from mine la..hehehehe btw your house switches uses hager also? cos ID proposed to use this than clipsal or legrand..he said quality better wor.. :dunno:

btw, your house colour very nice..waiting for carpentary liao huh :notti:

The KDK fan cost about $55-60 if you buy at Jalan Besar. Cutting glass and installing prob cost u another $40-50? Dont think need $150+ so much right?? Mine is $200+ each cos it is inclusive of the windows but since u already have casement windows, you can save on that.

My ID's electrician gives hager switches but I have not seen how they look like yet. I only know they are rocker switches. Was planning to get Legrand cos its cheap and good but waiting to see if the electircian can give a discount if I provide my own switches.

The paintings shown are computer simulated one done by ICI. My actual painting suppose to start next week. Now waiting for final version of 3D diagram then can start waiting for carpentry.

hmm then ID is charging me more wor :unsure: shall see how but most likely will still go ahead and install

err rocket switch? how does it looks like?? i also be getting hager switches bah..only scare not nice leh

hmm then ID is charging me more wor :unsure: shall see how but most likely will still go ahead and install

err rocket switch? how does it looks like?? i also be getting hager switches bah..only scare not nice leh

Make sure your ID applies for HDB permit to install the fan. My window contractor applied for me and I think HDB requires the use of wired glass so the fan wont fall off.

Rocker switches are the large button ones. Hager has many kinds of switches so try to get your ID to show u the one they are giving. I told my ID to get a sample from the electrician so will post it here after I see it.

We finally ordered the bed we had been aiming for all this while - Serta Missouri. Waited and waited for the GSS and realised the one we want is not included in Takashimaya sales. The salesman there offered to order it for me at quite an attractive price. I decided to call up the IMM serta branch to check with the first salesman who served me and he gave me an even better counter-offer once he knew I was at Taka :)

Got a king size for $3100 and thats the best price I've found. The sales guy also offered me a price guarentee. That's if the price of the model goes any lower from now till my delivery, he will match the price :)

Also managed to squeeze the most out of this salesman. The entire package as follows:

Serta Missouri King matteress

Bedframe with headboard

Matching bench

4 x Serta Pillows

2 x Serta Sheeps (can choose number we want :good: )

2 x Matteress protector (managed to squeeze one extra one from him. Worth it cos a protector of this size usually cost ~$100)

Didnt take a photo of the bedframe we chose cos forgot to bring camera.

Bedframe is something like the 1st pic but matteress is something like the 2nd pic :lol:

spine-care_20.jpg

sertapedic.jpg