Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hobbes187

Hobbes187's Stomping Ground

:jawdrop::jawdrop:

Wah hobbes .. i love the Glimmer shot ! is this a hobby or are you a true professional cos really....:bow::bow::bow:

Its ok la. My 400D is upgrade from my 300D which was my first DSLR (used to play with EOS 300 film). But sadly, after I upgrade to 400D, I stopped much photography.

Its ironical that when I was having 300D and carrying haversacks of lenses + 2 bodies + one freaking heavy tripod + external flash, I was complaining that I dun have a license to drive.. but I still go out every week to take photos

Now that I drive, I am lazy. Hahhaa. My usual setup is just a body w/o batt kit and a general walkabout lens (18-200) LOL

Yeah. But I dun need such a good body la. :D Honestly my current 400D is enuff la, just that I gian the live view (good for idiot proofing) and the FINAL change to able to use SD cards in budget bodies.

yah i remember when i first started, i was also going around on random photosprees with, like you said, tripods, multiple lens, external flash...the whole works..

...and was also a frequent clubsnap forum lurker before renotalk haha..!!!

now its almost never, partly cos the novelty has worn off and cos of time constraints.

abit sad really.

Edited by strychnine

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hobbes,

ur 'Guardians of Our Land' looks like an advertisement boosting recruitment of the SAF.

Very nicely taken.. :good:

L3x

Just went over to the site to meet Max and the ventilation fan installer today. The moment I stepped into the flat at about 2pm, I got a pleasant surprise... They have finished tiling the entire living + dining room floor and the kitchen + service balcony floor and master bedroom floor! The washing machine base is also up and tiled.

All these were completed only in 1.5 days cos they werent there when I went over on sat :)

And while we were talking with Max on how to lay the aircon trunking, one of the worker started working on the cabinet + fridge base and within half an hour, the entire base is nicely done up... Very efficient :good:

I'm also happy with the large washing machine base... There's even enough space for a dryer should we need one in the future :notti:

Kitchen floor tiles

P1040153resized.jpg

P1040159resized.jpg

I really like the combi here :) The floor complements the wall colour nicely... Hopefully the laminate we chose can fit in nicely too...

Washing machine base in service balcony

P1040154resized.jpg

Really nicely done up. Large enough for a washing machine and a dryer side by side :dribble: The pipe is for the drainage for the washer and there is a loose tile that can be removed to access the drain hole.

Cabinet and fridge base

P1040162resized.jpg

This uncle got the base up in about half and hour. I expect them to finish tiling it today...

MBR floor tiles

P1040160resized.jpg

The tilers were just finishing this room when we arrived. Cant really inspect closely cos the cement haven dried but on first look the workmanship looks good.

So looks like my tiling will be completed ahead of schedule... They're left with only the guestroom and study room as well as the skrting for the entire house. Then I guess they'll need to touch up the grouting and the tiling will be done :dancingqueen: Hopefully by mid of next week...

Now waiting for 3D drawing of my revised kitchen, shelter feature, tv feature and shoe cabinet...

An update to those interested in installing ventilation fan in the toilets. Central Aluminium sent a guy down to measure my window size and he says that since I want a top hung window, they might damage lining around my current windows. He says they'll try their best not to damage the tiles.

In any case, my ID has agreed to redo any affected portion for me (though the contractor is engaged by me and not him) but hope it wont be much extra work for him...

Top hung window for bathroom + KDK ventilation fan is costing me $214 each excluding electrical wiring. ID also agreed to paint over the resulting PVC casings in the toilet :)

Another point to discuss... Do you guys have a switch to turn on/off the aircon compressor? Or do u all leave the compressor connected to the HDB provided socket on the aircon ledge and forever leave it at the 'on' position?

Not sure if there is a need for a separate switch inside the house so can someone advise? Will the compressor suck power when not in use if I leave the socket turned on? :dunno:

Another point to discuss... Do you guys have a switch to turn on/off the aircon compressor? Or do u all leave the compressor connected to the HDB provided socket on the aircon ledge and forever leave it at the 'on' position?

Not sure if there is a need for a separate switch inside the house so can someone advise? Will the compressor suck power when not in use if I leave the socket turned on? :dunno:

hi hobbe,

I could not get u in MSN. Do you mind sending me your quotation?

Thanks.

hi hobbe,

I could not get u in MSN. Do you mind sending me your quotation?

Thanks.

Hi I dont have a soft copy of the quote. You can find me on MSN every night after 9pm... I already added u to my contact list.

Hi Hobbes, can I get the contact for ventilation fan frm u? (If u haf....) Im staying at my new place oredi & thkg of installing it recently.....

Many thanks in advance! :)

Hi Hobbes, can I get the contact for ventilation fan frm u? (If u haf....) Im staying at my new place oredi & thkg of installing it recently.....

Many thanks in advance! :)

Sure no problem. Contact as follows:

Jasmine

Central Aluminium

One thing to note is if you're already staying in there, you may be only able to take the fixed panel window cos if you want the top hung window, the surrounding tiles may be damaged during installation. Also price does not incl wiring of the fan, you have to find an electrician to do it.

I consulted with ICI dulux on my paint choices and today they got back to me with the samples! The colours they did on the walls are really life-like and are a great help in helping me visualise how things will turn out :good:

From the picture I think mocha delight in the living room is fine. I'm thinking of bracken sand in the MBR while natural linen in the guestroom. Don't really like the study room combi. Anyway I'm getting them to do some changes and hopefully I'll see another set soon :)

Best of all this service is free if u use ICI paint :good: I just gave them the pictures I took before any reno done and they can work with those...

NOTE: All colours are computer generated and not painted on yet!! :notti:

Living room

Living2.jpg

MBR

MBR2.jpg

Guest room

Guestroom2.jpg

Study room

Study2-1.jpg

Ah now I know ICI paint service is free~ Kekeke. Nippon got charge a fee for the same service but overall you got an idea of how your place will look like with the colours. :thumbs up:

Ah now I know ICI paint service is free~ Kekeke. Nippon got charge a fee for the same service but overall you got an idea of how your place will look like with the colours. :thumbs up:

Yeah... It really helps in choosing the colours especially when the colour they put on are so real...

Not sure about Nippon service though... Maybe should go try also :notti:

ICI got back to me today after I asked them to make changes yesterday... How efficient :)

Anyway, here are the edited photos. We have more or less decided on the colours to take. Think I will ask them to make one last edit and we're done :sport-smiley-018:

Second round scheme

Living room - Sandstone + lily white

Living2_Sch2.jpg

I like this. Not too dark like mocha delight yet can bring out the wall... We are settled with this colour for the living room

MBR - Braken Sand + lily white

MBR2_Sch2.jpg

Dont really think we should use this combi in the MBR but we'll use it in the guestroom instead since the wardrobe there is of a lighter colour

Guestroom - Natural linen + lily white

Guestroom2_Sch2.jpg

We'll use this combi for the MBR since our wardrobe and bedframe will be of a darker shade.

Study room scheme 1 - Stone cave + lily white

Study2_Sch2.jpg

Study room scheme 2 - Vintage yellow + lily white

Study2_Sch3.jpg

We love the vintage yellow. Though it doesnt strictly conform to our resort theme, we feel that one room with colourful wall will be fine... Plan to make this room into a lively and nice place for reading and relaxing.

Nice colour for vintage yellow. Match that with near transcluent white curtains to go with the 'feel' :dribble:

Yup... We'll definitely be using this vintage yellow to brighten up the house :)

I think this service is great :good: