Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hobbes187

Hobbes187's Stomping Ground

I think I have the same tile as you which is shown in the pic, for my balcony. Keke.

The ugly drainage in the kitchen I complaint about was also replaced with a L-shaped tile. Now it look so much better right? I also went to buy 3 stainless steel floor traps to replace all the plastic floor traps in the toilet :) Will need the tilers to fixed them up for me.

BEFORE

P1040183resized.jpg

AFTER

P1040204resized.jpg

P1040205resized.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Initially wanted to change to s/s floor traps too, coz flooring is dark... and white is really a bit off. But Steven said steel ones not lasting wor. And I thot shd be much better coz compare a piece of s/s with plastic? :dunno::dunno:

Will talk to him again... Btw, hw much is one of them? :)

Initially wanted to change to s/s floor traps too, coz flooring is dark... and white is really a bit off. But Steven said steel ones not lasting wor. And I thot shd be much better coz compare a piece of s/s with plastic? :dunno::dunno:

Will talk to him again... Btw, hw much is one of them? :)

Max told me the tilers say the SS ones may dislodge in the future cos the cement cannot hold on to it so well. But I managed to find a kind of SS floortrap with a kind of extension at each corner. The hardware shop guy told me its made specially for the cement to better hold on to the whole piece. So I got those instead of the normal ones.

Normal ones cost about $10. The ones with protrusions cost $12. I also manage to find the SS replacements for the smaller round covers in the toilet. Those are $3 each.

The aircon piping layout has been completed. I got my Mitsubishi Starmex system 3 aircon as a package so the installer is a contractor of ideal house. The material they used is 1/2 inch thick armaflex insulation and grade 23 copper. I paid $150 to upgrade the insulation from 3/8" to 1/2" cos I want to ensure that the pipes will not condense water and spoil my furniture. Thus all my trunking are the bigger 4" kinds, ugly but no choice :bangwall: To me, aircon has to be well installed cos it wont be easy to replace in the future.

P1040215resized.jpg

P1040216resized.jpg

Just went to check on the aircon contractor and how the trunking layout is going... Found that for my flat there are too many beams and it is difficult to minimise the trunking :(

Found that the trunkings in the MBR are quite an eyesore especially the one at the corner. The straight part is still ok since I can cover it with curtain and it will be blocked by the bed anyway. But i've explored the alternatives with the aircon guy and there's really no other way to run the trunking in the MBR.

I am so annoyed by that trunking in the corner that I'm considering asking my ID to custom make a corner TV console just to cover it up :furious:

MBR view 1

P1040222resized.jpg

MBR view 2

P1040223resized.jpg

The plan was to concentrate most of the trunking in the guestroom instead of the MBR (cos I'm not sleeping in the guestroom so ok :P ). Well this was achieved and the guestroom has more trunking and spared the MBR of a lot more unsightly plastics :D I guess they should look better after the touch ups and painting... Also, the wardrobe here will cover a portion of the trunking. I shall go down over the weekend to check on how well they have touched up. When I left the trunking were still not completed.

Guestroom view 1

P1040224resized.jpg

Guestroom view 2 - Still messy. The workers should complete touch up by tmr. Will go down to check.

P1040226resized.jpg

Finally, the study room is the luckiest room. Only one small piece of trunking. I think HDB should design their flats such that the aircon ledge is at the furthest room so the MBR wont have so much trunking. 8|

Study room

P1040230resized.jpg

Word of advise:

Plan your trunking carefully. If you want small trunking, use 3/8" insulation but there is a higher risk of condensation. So its a tradeoff that have to be carefully considered.

Just went to check on the aircon contractor and how the trunking layout is going... Found that for my flat there are too many beams and it is difficult to minimise the trunking :(

Found that the trunkings in the MBR are quite an eyesore especially the one at the corner. The straight part is still ok since I can cover it with curtain and it will be blocked by the bed anyway. But i've explored the alternatives with the aircon guy and there's really no other way to run the trunking in the MBR.

I am so annoyed by that trunking in the corner that I'm considering asking my ID to custom make a corner TV console just to cover it up :furious:

MBR view 1

P1040222resized.jpg

MBR view 2

P1040223resized.jpg

The plan was to concentrate most of the trunking in the guestroom instead of the MBR (cos I'm not sleeping in the guestroom so ok :P ). Well this was achieved and the guestroom has more trunking and spared the MBR of a lot more unsightly plastics :D I guess they should look better after the touch ups and painting... Also, the wardrobe here will cover a portion of the trunking. I shall go down over the weekend to check on how well they have touched up. When I left the trunking were still not completed.

Guestroom view 1

P1040224resized.jpg

Guestroom view 2 - Still messy. The workers should complete touch up by tmr. Will go down to check.

P1040226resized.jpg

Finally, the study room is the luckiest room. Only one small piece of trunking. I think HDB should design their flats such that the aircon ledge is at the furthest room so the MBR wont have so much trunking. 8|

Study room

P1040230resized.jpg

Word of advise:

Plan your trunking carefully. If you want small trunking, use 3/8" insulation but there is a higher risk of condensation. So its a tradeoff that have to be carefully considered.

Hi Hobbes,

I aso have the same problem. I tink for the new flats, all will have aircon problem cos alot of BEAMS, PILLARS, & the door frame is jus directly under the beam. Wana pass through the wall on top of the door-frame aso cannot.. :furious:

Hi Hobbes,

I aso have the same problem. I tink for the new flats, all will have aircon problem cos alot of BEAMS, PILLARS, & the door frame is jus directly under the beam. Wana pass through the wall on top of the door-frame aso cannot.. :furious:

EXACTLY! They designed so many beams into the rooms that the aircon trunking cannot go thru top of the wall nor the top of door. The only passable areas are the middle of the rooms... So ugly...

You have any pics to show of ur trunking? I'm quite convinced to make the corner console to cover them already... Will meet ID to discuss tmr. More $$$ wasted :curse:

EXACTLY! They designed so many beams into the rooms that the aircon trunking cannot go thru top of the wall nor the top of door. The only passable areas are the middle of the rooms... So ugly...

You have any pics to show of ur trunking? I'm quite convinced to make the corner console to cover them already... Will meet ID to discuss tmr. More $$$ wasted :curse:

My trunkings r already upz.. Can go my blog & spot them.. :notti: K cover alot of them for me.

I'm aso convinced the corner console will cover it. :good: idea..

Max told me the tilers say the SS ones may dislodge in the future cos the cement cannot hold on to it so well. But I managed to find a kind of SS floortrap with a kind of extension at each corner. The hardware shop guy told me its made specially for the cement to better hold on to the whole piece. So I got those instead of the normal ones.

Normal ones cost about $10. The ones with protrusions cost $12. I also manage to find the SS replacements for the smaller round covers in the toilet. Those are $3 each.

Hi Hobbes,

Thanks for the info that there are those extension kinds as i wasnt too sure abt them. :) But I thought the toilet round covers are the same as kitchen ones? :unsure: Square in overall and then middle part is the circle? :unsure::unsure:

Hi Hobbes,

Thanks for the info that there are those extension kinds as i wasnt too sure abt them. :) But I thought the toilet round covers are the same as kitchen ones? :unsure: Square in overall and then middle part is the circle? :unsure::unsure:

My toilet has a smaller round one without the square part. That one cant be lifted up.

hi,

Can give me chelsea lighting address?

Wanna buy your balcony lighting coz i ask @ balestier they selling for 80.

Yeah, the shops besides chelsea all asking ard $70-80 also. Anyway the address as follows:

Blk 353 Jurong East St 31 #01-115

Sui!!! :good: But be careful of the L joint. It looks fragile

You were right! The L joint is very fragile. Today I was pointing out to the ID how fragile it is and while he was meddling with it, the small part broke off and dropped into the drainage hole! We were all shocked but had a good laugh.

ID told me he would get someone to dig out that piece from the drain. After he left, we decided that we better try digging it out ourselves in case the workers 'forgot' to do it and our drainage gets stuck in the future.

So, armed with a plastic bag wrapped around my arm, I stretched into the smelly drain full of smelly water and managed to dig out the tile :P Quite hilarious...

P1040244resized.jpg