Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hobbes187

Hobbes187's Stomping Ground

Apple, your wardrobe layout is interesting. I never tot about leaving one full lenght one for the mrs. Maybe need to ask her if she needs it. What she really needs is lots of space for bags. She has lot of them :bangwall: Anyway how high are each of your drawers? I'm interested in putting in more drawers but i worry that they might not be as space efficient as shelves.

I came out with a first draft of internal layout. Maybe can give me some comments?

MBR Wardrobe draft - This one is used more for daily clothes and personal stuff

Brown colour = Drawer

Yellow colour = Belt drawer

Grey = Hanger

Basic design idea: To have a column on the extreme right with shelves to put bags. Drawers at about 1m height to put cosmetics and stuff as the mirror will be mounted on this door. Easier for the mrs to use.

Version 1 - Pros: Belt drawer Cons: Less shelves space

MBRWardrobelayout2.jpg

Version 2 - Pros: Larger shelves space

MBRWardrobeLayout1.jpg

Guestroom Wardrobe - This will be used to put our bags and stuff. Essentially a 2nd wardrobe for us top put the extra stuff

Basic design idea: To have a column on the extreme left with shelves to put bags. Many tall shelves to put other stuff that cant fit into the first wardrobe like bedsheets etc...

Version 1 - Pros: More space for bags and stuff

GuestroomWardrobe2.jpg

Version 2 - Pros: Large drawer

GuestroomWardrobe.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

one thing about bags

don't think your missus want to squash her bags

so if you cater one row of shelves, she might only put one bag per shelf

coz can't reach those behind

think you can either go for drawers, or shelves on both sides

i.e. 30cm shelf inside cabinet and 30cm shelf on door :unsure:

hi hobbes

have u tested out your ceiling fan? I went to order one white one, same as urs after looking thru ur blog..keke...

hi hobbes

have u tested out your ceiling fan? I went to order one white one, same as urs after looking thru ur blog..keke...

I see that from your signature you got the AirVac? Mine is the WindPac. I think its the replacement for the airvac. The difference is in the blades. The Windpac one is transparent but I think the airvac one is not. Got mine incl regulator for $260.

No chance to test the fan yet cos they will not fix up the regulator till after my carpentry are completed :(

is there really a difference? when i went to the shop to ask (chelsea) i asked for windpac..they keep saying airvac...so i tot maybe its refering to the same fan....

but both are acyrlic blades, right? Does the windpac comes in white? I need a white ceiling fan...

Edited by jeddie

hobbes

just spoke to crestar...they mention only difference is in the design...and actually white color doesn't have transparent blades for both airvac and windpac....

windpac does look better..but i think the shop that i bought from doesn't carry windpac...

Finally, my windows are up. I have installed casement window in my balcony with fixed panel below. Since HDB doesnt want to give us full height window, we decided to come up with our own version :notti: HDB forced us to use tempered glass for the fixed panel... Extra cost again...

But the overall result came out alright. Wonder if it will look as nice with the grilles up next week... I wish I could live without the grilles but my place is too high and the railing is too low for me. In fact, I dont really dare to peer too much over any of the windows :bangwall:

Balcony windows

Before

DSC_0023-1.jpg

After

P1040333_resized.jpg

P1040331_resized.jpg

Service balcony windows - Casement + sliding

P1040328_resized.jpg

hobbes

just spoke to crestar...they mention only difference is in the design...and actually white color doesn't have transparent blades for both airvac and windpac....

windpac does look better..but i think the shop that i bought from doesn't carry windpac...

I think windpac and airvac are similar... I'm not sure about the transparent blades for the white one but my colour comes in tranparent blades. Thats the main reason why I got it too :)

Here's how the packaging looks like

P1040285_resized.jpg

We have been wondering if we should install lights underneath the top kitchen cabinet to illuminate the table top and achieve a cosy look. The thing holding us back is the cost - probably about $100 incl wiring and switch. So we were happy when we saw this Grundtal kitchen top light at Ikea.

It comes in a set of 3 and all 3 will join to a small distribution box. A 2 pin plug extends from this box and can be connected to a normal socket. So we're going to ask the ID to get the carpenters to mount them, conceal the wiring behind the cabinet and hide the box inside one of the top cabinets. They should be able to pull out the 2 pin plug from the cabinet and connect to one of the sockets along the table top and I will then turn the lights on and off from there. No need to pay for switch and wiring :)

Best thing is it cost only $49 and looks good. No additonal cost for electircian too. No ugly wires and very neat. I think one plug can connect up to six of these lights. I chose the white one. There is also silver colour. Hope it turns out nice and cosy :notti::notti:

Grundtal Spot Light

76759_PE197304_S4.jpg

72495_PE188283_S4.jpg

There is another kind of Grundtal spot light which comes in a bar. It looks good as well but we didnt get this cos firstly it costs $89 per bar of 3 lights and secondly, the lights are too concentrated at one place and we cant have the flexibility to distribute the light along the kitchen top. But it looks very pro if you can afford a whole row of these! And the wire system is such that you can connect as many as u like but u only use one plug to thurn them on. :good:

73067_PE189421_S4.jpg

the bar one looks really cool

wasted i don't have top cabinet so nothing to mount them on :(

Yup it looks cool... But coolness comes with a price... It's $89 per bar and will cost $267 for 3 bars to light up the whole cabinet :jawdrop:

So maybe its good u dont have top cabinet? :P

Finally confirmed the wardrobe internal design after much considerations. Went to Ikea for inspiration :D

Initially wanted a lot of drawers but then we decided that too many drawers may limit the flexibility in the future. So we did more shelves so we can buy those Ikea fabric rectangle containers to act as removable drawers for clothes.

Anyway here's the design:

MBRWardrobe001_resized.jpg

BedroomWardrobe001_resized.jpg