Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jon_g9

Our Project In Clementi

here's more updates to the work by the HDB contractor...original kitchen wall tiles were hacked away. there were 4 colours of free tiles that we could choose - pure-white, cream, bluish-white and blue. it was a toss up between pure-white and bluish-white so in the end our ID recommended the pure-white as it's easier to match with other colours

we definitely think that the new colour beats the original tiles anyday...moreover it's FOC so no complaints :unsure:

290208_1.jpg

at the same time, the aircon guys came along and installed the aircon piping. they were recommended by my dad as he has used them before. they used to be sub-contractors for natural cool but now they've ventured out on their own. we're gonna be taking toshiba (cos the compressor is made in japan). 1 system-3 for the rooms and 1 single unit for the dining and living.

piping for the 2 bedrooms towards the master bedroom

290208_3.jpg

view from the master bedroom

290208_2.jpg

piping's done rather neatly so quite satisfied...hopefully won't have leaking issues in the near future...fingers crossed...my next update will be on the flooring, so stay tuned...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

yah lor...that's the nature of construction i suppose, there'll always be wastages...it's just whether you see them or not...ignorant is bliss...

well at least the broken pieces can be used for corners and edges so it's not a total loss, thankfully

Oh my goodness! They break 1 expensive tiles!

Yeah! Hope to see more of your reno pics!! :good::good::good:

yah lor...that's the nature of construction i suppose, there'll always be wastages...it's just whether you see them or not...ignorant is bliss...

well at least the broken pieces can be used for corners and edges so it's not a total loss, thankfully

hi jon_g9, my kitchen n both toilets are also hacked n redone by HDB. I too had to choose from 4 sets of colour (Blue red peach n grey), and we were like pretty sian with it. We asked if we can top up n get nicer tiles outside, but the contractor dun want to. IN the end, we asked if they had just white tiles and they said yes to our relief.

So its white for our kitchen, and peach for our toilets, but just 1 tone of peach without the ugly border n all (Not sure if shld have taken white as well). Now need to ask HDB to replace the toilet bowl n sink to match the walls.

how did you manage to get HDB to redo your toilet tiles...so fortunate...even WC and basin also they'll provide? shiok...

is your unit in the west? i think there're different HDB contractors for different regions so it depends on how they wanna do it. mine asked if i want to top up for the kitchen tiles but we decided against it. we also found some defects with our bedroom and the crappy toilet doors so he'll replace the doors for us as well...so in this case, we'll definitely top up to get nicer doors...

hi jon_g9, my kitchen n both toilets are also hacked n redone by HDB. I too had to choose from 4 sets of colour (Blue red peach n grey), and we were like pretty sian with it. We asked if we can top up n get nicer tiles outside, but the contractor dun want to. IN the end, we asked if they had just white tiles and they said yes to our relief.

So its white for our kitchen, and peach for our toilets, but just 1 tone of peach without the ugly border n all (Not sure if shld have taken white as well). Now need to ask HDB to replace the toilet bowl n sink to match the walls.

how did you manage to get HDB to redo your toilet tiles...so fortunate...even WC and basin also they'll provide? shiok...

is your unit in the west? i think there're different HDB contractors for different regions so it depends on how they wanna do it. mine asked if i want to top up for the kitchen tiles but we decided against it. we also found some defects with our bedroom and the crappy toilet doors so he'll replace the doors for us as well...so in this case, we'll definitely top up to get nicer doors...

Yeah mine is in the west, the 2 toilet had cracked tiles too, so they have to redo it., the toilet doors also stained so i guess they will change. Bowls n sink im not sure if they will change, but i will make a request to, cuz not matching at all (toilet will be peach colour n bowls blue???).

R u asking for the 60gb PS3 in XP???

yeah same nick ah...haha...i was asking for my bro, he's looking to buy a ps3

so where's your unit? your reno started already?

Yeah mine is in the west, the 2 toilet had cracked tiles too, so they have to redo it., the toilet doors also stained so i guess they will change. Bowls n sink im not sure if they will change, but i will make a request to, cuz not matching at all (toilet will be peach colour n bowls blue???).

R u asking for the 60gb PS3 in XP???

my snowflake is not in the picture...haha

anyway i only have 1 snowflake, got it recently from my friend. by some incredible stroke of luck, he had the bottle all this while...so he gave it to me

how's your collection? i don't have the bling bling...i think there's a new flavour coming soon, mango

bro, do u have a extra absolut snowflake?

:jawdrop:

my snowflake is not in the picture...haha

anyway i only have 1 snowflake, got it recently from my friend. by some incredible stroke of luck, he had the bottle all this while...so he gave it to me

how's your collection? i don't have the bling bling...i think there's a new flavour coming soon, mango

very sad... still looking high n low for a Absolut Snowflake... LOL!

currently, hav 2 bling bling, disco, britto, C n C, new orlean, 1.75L normal Absolut...

mango will be out soon... also waiting~

regards

:jawdrop:

They just finished hacking the tiles. Hope they can get it done up really soon so my ID can start work. But heard its gg to take 2 weeks to lay tiles for kitchen n 2 toilets.

I heard that there r some problems with the 60gb ps3, hmmm better go do some read up first LOL.

U also into HT or audio?