Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jon_g9

Our Project In Clementi

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

enough on the ceiling...after a long wait, HDB finally decided to send their screeding team. what a horribly messy day it was. all the trash and equipment and materials in the bedrooms got moved out into the living room. the wet weather didn't make it any much better.

that's it...3 weeks of lag time before parquet can be laid...will use this time to finalise on the lights, paint colours, carpentry and accessories

190308_1.jpg

190308_2.jpg

thanks, i guess those workers did a fairly decent job...credit to them...

the screeding looks good

if you don't say i wouldn't guess it's done by hdb :)

while the screeding was in progess, work went on as usual in the bathrooms

concealing the fat sewage pipes in the common bathroom

190308_3.jpg

concealing the shower pipes...pipes were punched through the wall from the common bathroom

190308_5.jpg

The cement screed job looks well done. I'm not sure about mine 'cos that time HDB contractor do cement screed to the level for laminate flooring for my place, it looked a decent job. But after the flooring is up, I can actually feel uneveness in some parts around dining area & near passageway !! No choice since flooring already done. good thing is that the flooring for bedrooms & the rest of the house don't have this uneveness

Edited by BunBun

hopefully when the screeding dries i won't have uneveness...i suppose it's a matter of luck how the screeding turns out...fingers are firmly crossed :bow:

The cement screed job looks well done. I'm not sure about mine 'cos that time HDB contractor do cement screed to the level for laminate flooring for my place, it looked a decent job. But after the flooring is up, I can actually feel uneveness in some parts around dining area & near passageway !! No choice since flooring already done. good thing is that the flooring for bedrooms & the rest of the house don't have this uneveness

thanks...my objective is to keep a chronological record of every stage of the reno so that next time i can refer back...it's kinda interesting as this is my first time maintaining a blog

the trunking is huge by normal standards? i didn't think too much of that as i don't really know what's the norm. basically it's all the gas pipes from the 2 bedrooms and the dining area. well at least they are somewhat concealed by the false ceiling. i do have the trunking exposed across the master bedroom though...

Hi JON

Really nice to see all your reno pics...

Notice your huge air con trunking on the ceiling...really very huge!

HAPPY

Maybe I see too much of my office trunking above the false ceiling...kind of scary stuff as pipes run here and there. Anyway, thks for your reno pic!!! Good Luck!:bow:

thanks...my objective is to keep a chronological record of every stage of the reno so that next time i can refer back...it's kinda interesting as this is my first time maintaining a blog

the trunking is huge by normal standards? i didn't think too much of that as i don't really know what's the norm. basically it's all the gas pipes from the 2 bedrooms and the dining area. well at least they are somewhat concealed by the false ceiling. i do have the trunking exposed across the master bedroom though...

time for lights...recommended from the ID

PLC - 28 pieces

florescent - 24 piceces

one fancy light for dining

normal "hamburger" lights for HHS, bedroom 3, bathrooms and wet kitchen

that's a lot of lights!!!

lighting_plan.sized.jpg