Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
GraCieGaL

Normal Washing Machine Or The Front Load Washer Cum Dryer

Needed help from all..

Im thinking of buying a normal washin machine or a front load washer / dryer.

Which one do u all more recommend and y?

Any brand to recommend? and where to buy to get a better deal?

Becuz i totally know "zero" stuffs abt washing machine... and of cuz i wanted simple and easy-to-use machine too..

pls advice and thanks in advance! :sport-smiley-004:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Needed help from all..

Im thinking of buying a normal washin machine or a front load washer / dryer.

Which one do u all more recommend and y?

Any brand to recommend? and where to buy to get a better deal?

Becuz i totally know "zero" stuffs abt washing machine... and of cuz i wanted simple and easy-to-use machine too..

pls advice and thanks in advance! :yamseng:

Hi GraCie,

I understand tat topload wm uses relatively more water than frontload wm. Topload wm tub needs to be filled to a certain water level b4 it'll actually start working, whereas in frontload wm u can only see minimal water present which makes me wonder if the laundry is thoroughly clean anot. But not to worry, my machine (a frontloader) proves me silly. It washes pretty well. On top of tat, frontload wm seems more delicate on fabric compare to topload (tink is the washing mechanism ba). Frontload, however, is more energy consuming than topload as the washing cycle time is longer. And last but not least, with topload u can anytime add in more pieces of clothing in the midst of the cycle but u can't do tat with frontload.

Hopes all tis helps in your selection. :bangwall:

Hi GraCie,

I understand tat topload wm uses relatively more water than frontload wm. Topload wm tub needs to be filled to a certain water level b4 it'll actually start working, whereas in frontload wm u can only see minimal water present which makes me wonder if the laundry is thoroughly clean anot. But not to worry, my machine (a frontloader) proves me silly. It washes pretty well. On top of tat, frontload wm seems more delicate on fabric compare to topload (tink is the washing mechanism ba). Frontload, however, is more energy consuming than topload as the washing cycle time is longer. And last but not least, with topload u can anytime add in more pieces of clothing in the midst of the cycle but u can't do tat with frontload.

Hopes all tis helps in your selection. :bangwall:

hi fcp.. thanks for the reply.. personally i used topload wm a few times b4 but becuz wm all automatically nowadays, so i actually juz press the button and it starts until it stops. And so i still know nothing.. haha.. cuz its all auto now.. thats y now for my own house i wanna buy something easy and gd to use and long lasting of cuz.

I heard abt the frontload wm is more water saving.. when u say front loader machine needs more time to wash meaning how much longer than the topload one? may i know ur frontload wm got comes with dryer? cuz im still thinking whether to get it with the dryer... btw wats ur model and brand?

thanks. :yamseng:

Edited by GraCieGaL

hi fcp.. thanks for the reply.. personally i used topload wm a few times b4 but becuz wm all automatically nowadays, so i actually juz press the button and it starts until it stops. And so i still know nothing.. haha.. cuz its all auto now.. thats y now for my own house i wanna buy something easy and gd to use and long lasting of cuz.

I heard abt the frontload wm is more water saving.. when u say front loader machine needs more time to wash meaning how much longer than the topload one? may i know ur frontload wm got comes with dryer? cuz im still thinking whether to get it with the dryer... btw wats ur model and brand?

thanks. :yamseng:

Hi GraCie,

I m currently using Lg Tromm WD14331AD washer/dryer. On average, it'll take plus or minus 1.5hrs for a wash-rinse-spin cycle depending on the load size & water temperature. If u r to include the drying cycle, then tat'll take abt 4-5hrs again depending on load size ba. And with tat amount of time taken, the load comes out almost 100% dry & the wm super hot. And of course, i m talking abt fully automatic operation. :bangwall:

Hi GraCie,

I m currently using Lg Tromm WD14331AD washer/dryer. On average, it'll take plus or minus 1.5hrs for a wash-rinse-spin cycle depending on the load size & water temperature. If u r to include the drying cycle, then tat'll take abt 4-5hrs again depending on load size ba. And with tat amount of time taken, the load comes out almost 100% dry & the wm super hot. And of course, i m talking abt fully automatic operation. :jawdrop:

hey fcp can i ask a very dumb qn? haha.. so meaning after using the dryer, the clothes are 100% dry kind of thing or still need to put on the hanger and leave it to dry under the sun one? sorry ah.. cuz no one in my house or relatives are using frontload washer cum dryer one.. so hope u dun mind i ask this kinda qn.. :dribble:

Edited by GraCieGaL

One thing is washer cum dryer means if the machine dies...both are likely to die...so if you intend to get washer and dryer suggest to get separate one. If both are front load, and stack them up. This is just my personal feel. I myself use separate one. After out from dryer, can fold the clothes liao...not need to hang anymore. Good during raining season....no more smelly/damp clothes. Really useful. I use those slim type so quite space saving (same function as front load but it's top load kind).

hi graciegal,

er, what i heard is totally different from fcp, i may not be right cos i heard it from many salesperson selling the washing machine..

Front load - Requires more electricity and more water also. (Explanation below). Front load cleans ur clothings better

Top load - Requires less water eventually. Eg. It uses 2-3times 40L of water. It is not as clean as Front load. Requires more effort to iron clothings.

Though during comparison, u always see from the display that it uses eg. 50L litre of water. So people tends to look for as low number as possible. But this is not accurate because:

eg. Top load display says it uses 60L. Front load displayed 50L of water. People will misunderstood that front load saves more water. But in fact its not true

We have to zoom into how many cycle of wash there is. Top load requires lesser cycle of wash. Front load needs more cycle.

So if say top load uses 2 cycle, then 50L * 2 cycle = 100L in total

Front load uses 3 cycle. then 40L * 3 cycle = 120L in total

get what i mean? heh quite difficult to explain,but this is what i heard from 2 different sales person who recommended me which type to get

I was "quite" decided on front load (some effort to persuade the hb too) but mum asked 2 aunties who are using it.

Both said not good (1 using Electrolux, 1 I'm not sure but also continental brand).

Cons:

01) Leaking water

02) Tiring to bend down

03) Cannot throw in clothes at last min

04) Cannot retrieve clothes already thrown in

Mum was disappointed I still want to go ahead with the front load choice.

Am in a dilemma now :good:

Front load generally uses less water and more time than top load. This is a fact and there are alot of information about this in the internet.

Yang Guo: I think the amount of water needed for a front load is referring to the total amount of water. I tried collecting the used water from my front loader to verify. For top load, you can see the actual amount of water.

When I went to shop for a WM, I notice some salespeople don't know their facts... one told me the washing load (for front load is generally smaller) includes the water! This is wrong, 1L of water is 1Kg, that means after filling in the water in the wm, I can't wash laundry anymore! =|

If you are concern about bending down to put in the laundry (esp for pregnant ladies and old people), you may consider those front load drum action but you load from the top of the machine. Brant and Thompson got such models. They are much slimmer than the usual front load and top load.

Hope this helps.

hey fcp can i ask a very dumb qn? haha.. so meaning after using the dryer, the clothes are 100% dry kind of thing or still need to put on the hanger and leave it to dry under the sun one? sorry ah.. cuz no one in my house or relatives are using frontload washer cum dryer one.. so hope u dun mind i ask this kinda qn.. :notti:

Hi GraCie,

i'm not sure abt other brands of washer cum dryer, but my clothes did came out pretty dry & 'hot' from my wm. i felt they were dry enough so did not hang to dry under the sun (my laundry area got no sunlight anyway..hahaa). i won't say its 100% dry but close to tat already la, better than expected cos all salesppl tend to say washer cum dryer drying result not tat good compare to dryer alone. :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by fcp

Really thanks all for the knowledge u all given me..

Hmm.. seems like there are pros and cons..

Hubby juz came up with an idea.

Buy a cheap topload and maybe check out a dryer price..

then buy separately.. so as in case which one spoil, oni need to buy one to replace..

anyway, brandt is quite ex rite?? any gd brands that u all think is gd and not so ex de.. becuz we got budget constraint u see..

any recommendations?? and anywhere u all know got a lot of dryers to see and compare prices one??

thanks alot!

Edited by GraCieGaL

Tempted to try leh.

Just waiting for someone to say good only.

When rainy season then bring out to use.

My service balcony very small man. Cannot put both and space not suitable for stack.

Tempted to try leh.

Just waiting for someone to say good only.

When rainy season then bring out to use.

My service balcony very small man. Cannot put both and space not suitable for stack.

haha.. u make me tempted to try also.. maybe i will go down carrefour to see how the thing really works and decide again. If u try le, do let me know how it is too.. thanks ya.. :yamseng:

Edited by GraCieGaL