Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Max383

Our New Bishan Home

yes i know how that feels

i still miss my boy after seven long years

guess a part of us left with them !!

Did yours die of old age?

Chrissy was two months shy of four years old. I thought I resolved her liver problems two years ago... compared to then, she was healthier and looks more fit. But I guess all I did was prolonged her life. I guess she was not meant to live long.... we did all we can do. Life still has to go on.... I have never taken my little darling girl for granted.... I guess at the end of the day... that is the only comforting thought.

Anyways.... saw in the ad that Citygas is offering their dryer for $568 but it is inclusive of the $100 installation fee. Quite worthwhile in my view. Do check it out.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

glad to hear that you are getting on fine :unsure:

i saw the city gas adv too, was thinking if i should go and get that..

ask you huh, comparing gas to electricity for the dryer, which is more expensive?

glad to hear that you are getting on fine :unsure:

i saw the city gas adv too, was thinking if i should go and get that..

ask you huh, comparing gas to electricity for the dryer, which is more expensive?

U do know that if your block doesn't have main gas supply at all, then it is not an option for you, right? You should call up Citygas to make sure.

As for costs.... there really is no comparison cause gas dryer only have one in Singapore... the 6kg Rinnai brand from Citygas. For electric dryers.... there are many brands and sizes ranging from $300+ to over 1k.

As for running costs... gas dryer is suppose to be cheaper and faster.... but I have no way to compare since the last time, my electric dryer's energy consumption is part of my electric bill.

my block have city gas, confirmed + chop :unsure:

just that heard gas more expensive than electrical..told ID i wanted wall mount dryer but he said difficult la, no space at all :dunno: he suggested to put side by side instead of top and bottom..workable also??

also, some told me will get gas leak also..lolz i think they too paranoid liao..kekeke dun laugh at me for being so suaku..

Did yours die of old age?

Chrissy was two months shy of four years old. I thought I resolved her liver problems two years ago... compared to then, she was healthier and looks more fit. But I guess all I did was prolonged her life. I guess she was not meant to live long.... we did all we can do. Life still has to go on.... I have never taken my little darling girl for granted.... I guess at the end of the day... that is the only comforting thought.

Anyways.... saw in the ad that Citygas is offering their dryer for $568 but it is inclusive of the $100 installation fee. Quite worthwhile in my view. Do check it out.

no he died at the age of two :(:)8|

it was too sudden coz it was like i went to sleep with him looking at me

and woke up to him dead :~

as i type this tears still come to my eyes

yes saw it but still thinking very hard

partly coz my dryer is still working well

and partly coz i'm not sure if i can fit it into my yard wall cause of the gas heater

you think they'll charge for a on-site consultation?

my block have city gas, confirmed + chop :D

just that heard gas more expensive than electrical..told ID i wanted wall mount dryer but he said difficult la, no space at all :( he suggested to put side by side instead of top and bottom..workable also??

also, some told me will get gas leak also..lolz i think they too paranoid liao..kekeke dun laugh at me for being so suaku..

according to the advert, the running time for the gas dryer is shorter compared to electrical one

and so far i've never heard piped gas leak caused by appliance failure

think the most recent case (maybe one and only) is the one where the contractor drilled into the concealed gas pipe and no one knows :yamseng: :yamseng:

no he died at the age of two :~ :~ :~

it was too sudden coz it was like i went to sleep with him looking at me

and woke up to him dead :(

as i type this tears still come to my eyes

Oh wow... sorry to hear that. That is tragic indeed. Did u ever found out what happened?

Have you got another dog since then?

My wife say she is not sure she can go through the pain all over again. Sigh.

yes saw it but still thinking very hard

partly coz my dryer is still working well

and partly coz i'm not sure if i can fit it into my yard wall cause of the gas heater

you think they'll charge for a on-site consultation?

according to the advert, the running time for the gas dryer is shorter compared to electrical one

and so far i've never heard piped gas leak caused by appliance failure

think the most recent case (maybe one and only) is the one where the contractor drilled into the concealed gas pipe and no one knows :yamseng::bleah:

Ya..... esp for Babytan, she will not have this problem cause all the gas pipe will be external and visiable.

On-site consultation? Hmm.... not sure.... should call them and check. Maybe give them ur floorplan and take some pictures.... they will be able to advise better that way.

my block have city gas, confirmed + chop :good:

just that heard gas more expensive than electrical..told ID i wanted wall mount dryer but he said difficult la, no space at all :( he suggested to put side by side instead of top and bottom..workable also??

The dryer has sensor that will shut down the gas supply when something is wrong. There is also a main switch... for you to switch off if say you go on a long holiday.

Having said that.... nothing is full proof. However gas dryer may be a new thing in Singapore, countries like Japan and US have been using it for over 20 years. So the technology is safe lah.

And yes.... can do side by side.... but it would mean have to bend down to load and unload your clothes. Very toublesome leh. Better to wall mount.... but if no choice.....

55cm X 55cm wall space also don't have? Saw ur floorplan... its difficult but not impossible. Ur ID needs to be more creative.... or is he just taking the easy way out?

Edited by Max383

Oh wow... sorry to hear that. That is tragic indeed. Did u ever found out what happened?

Have you got another dog since then?

My wife say she is not sure she can go through the pain all over again. Sigh.

Ya..... esp for Babytan, she will not have this problem cause all the gas pipe will be external and visiable.

On-site consultation? Hmm.... not sure.... should call them and check. Maybe give them ur floorplan and take some pictures.... they will be able to advise better that way.

no mine was a cat. i have 3 cats now :notti:

he fell from 17 floors and i rushed him to mt pleasant

the vet on duty just looked at him and told me there's nothing he can do

he didn't even check for sign of life

which was why i didn't think well of mt pleasant :notti::P

guess i kinda blame myself for not securing my windows and doors

he ran out from my gate :(

so now we are living in a giant 'cage' :deal:

hmm think i'll call them soon coz the promo ending liao

if not because of the gas heater, the dryer sure can fit

but they installed the gas heater towards the centre of the wall, so don't know whether still can fit the dryer in or not :dunno;

thanks apple and max for the reply :notti:

i was thinking not really much space left as my current machine is top load, if i wanna wall mount, i got to relocate the machine as well to maybe the common toilet wall? which is quite near to fridge area..and we might have small area left...

ID given idea to wall mount dryer on top of dustbin but like looked so funny leh..machine behind sink and dryer on top of dustbin..kekekke

btw, max you consider to get another doggie?

getting & caring for pets not easy leh...all living things will have to go thru "sen lao bing si"

i am getting a bit worried also as my older dog is 12yrs old liao..maybe i am thinking too much but cant be avoided..thats life..

Babytan, was it because yr ceiling is lower than normal? Because Deathcoth (think same layout as Apple's) wall mounted his dryer and his WM is a top load also. :notti:

Babytan, was it because yr ceiling is lower than normal? Because Deathcoth (think same layout as Apple's) wall mounted his dryer and his WM is a top load also. :P

eh i duno wor :notti: sorry huh i sometimes very kuku wan..if wan to wall mount also can la but got to relocate to another side lor, my intention is to have the machine behind sink and i can do my laundry there lor..if wan to wall mount, wall mount to where huh?? on top of dustbin? can kind apple jie take picture and show me?? :notti:

Oh, sorry... it's i who's sotong... i forgot yrs is a resale and the chute is inside... :notti: paiseh paiseh...

Pic... i rem someone took a pic when a gang of us trooped over to Deathcoth's hse... cant rem who took le. :P:notti:

Oh, sorry... it's i who's sotong... i forgot yrs is a resale and the chute is inside... :notti: paiseh paiseh...

Pic... i rem someone took a pic when a gang of us trooped over to Deathcoth's hse... cant rem who took le. :P:notti:

hahah erm, waiting for kind soul to appear.. :deal:

hahah erm, waiting for kind soul to appear.. :deal:

In my old place.... my top load washing machine is on the ground, electric dryer is wall mount and the chute is in between the two! Very strange meh? I don't think so.... as long as it is functional and practical.

no mine was a cat. i have 3 cats now :notti:

he fell from 17 floors and i rushed him to mt pleasant

the vet on duty just looked at him and told me there's nothing he can do

he didn't even check for sign of life

which was why i didn't think well of mt pleasant :notti::P

OIC.... he fell.... at least u know. It is very tragic indeed.

Means yr ex-chute is around waist height and above? Because for my parent's hse, the chute is slightly below waist level. So the chute ht also play a part.... :notti:

btw, max you consider to get another doggie?

getting & caring for pets not easy leh...all living things will have to go thru "sen lao bing si"

i am getting a bit worried also as my older dog is 12yrs old liao..maybe i am thinking too much but cant be avoided..thats life..

My wife said she may not be able to handle the pain all over again. Guess it will take time. We can never replace Chrissy.... she is in our wedding photo!....

But I guess eventually, we will get another dog.... when we are ready. They really bring joy and a whole new meaning in your life. I grew up with dogs.... can't imagine never owning one again....