Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Max383

Our New Bishan Home

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

i forget to come in and spam chop chop chop!! !!

your girl looked very puppy face leh, so sweet

was thinking to get a dryer also leh but i never got dryer in my life wor, cos after washing just hang to dry nia

what are the advantages of using dryer? does it helps in terms of eliminating germs? sorry if my qns sounds weird :dunno:

Haha... finally got ms babytan on my blog! :notti:

Puppy face? Well... I always ask for a puppy cut during grooming sessions and because of her small size, she is a natural!! Haha...

I have started using dryer about 4 years ago... I never looked back. It has become an essential.

Yes.... I can hang clothes... but dryer takes so much less effort and makes the clothes fluffy. In many cases, I don't need to do ironing. Of course, for business shirts, I still have to iron... but the effort is a lot less because it does not crumple as much. Definitely no need to use softener.

The heat from the dryer will definitely kill germs as well, esp useful when u don't hang clothes out into the sun... but thats not main plus point. Rain or shine, dryer works just as well regardless. And if you need your clothes tomorrow... no problems! Pop into the washer then dryer, and you will have your clothes ready in 2 hours! It is nice to have the option to do that. Hanging clothes will take you at least a day.

i forget to come in and spam chop chop chop!! :sport-smiley-003:

your girl looked very puppy face leh, so sweet

was thinking to get a dryer also leh but i never got dryer in my life wor, cos after washing just hang to dry nia

what are the advantages of using dryer? does it helps in terms of eliminating germs? sorry if my qns sounds weird :notti:

Haha... finally got ms babytan on my blog! :jawdrop:

Puppy face? Well... I always ask for a puppy cut during grooming sessions and because of her small size, she is a natural!! Haha... no wonder so puppy look la

I have started using dryer about 4 years ago... I never looked back. It has become an essential.

Yes.... I can hang clothes... but dryer takes so much less effort and makes the clothes fluffy. In many cases, I don't need to do ironing. Of course, for business shirts, I still have to iron... but the effort is a lot less because it does not crumple as much. Definitely no need to use softener.

The heat from the dryer will definitely kill germs as well, esp useful when u don't hang clothes out into the sun... but thats not main plus point. Rain or shine, dryer works just as well regardless. And if you need your clothes tomorrow... no problems! Pop into the washer then dryer, and you will have your clothes ready in 2 hours! It is nice to have the option to do that. Hanging clothes will take you at least a day.

sound like a good idea to use dryer and i got valid reason to tell my husband to buy 1 :jawdrop: but hor..storage got problem leh..how to position??

you can see my current washing machine? (is behind the sink) where to put the dryer huh? if put at cabinet there then i got not enough cabinets wor..

btw, what is the difference between gas dryer & normal dryer?

Gas dryer is powered by LNG gas. Suppose to be cheaper to operate and dries faster. But if you don't have Citygas gas pipe supply, you cannot use this option.

More common is electric dryer.... some brands like EF or ELBA costs less than $400 for 6kg model.

You can wall mount dryers..... just find a wall space about 55cm in width and height. Can ask your ID where can be suitable for the dryer lor. Some people buy front loading washing machine so that they can stack the dryer on top.

sound like a good idea to use dryer and i got valid reason to tell my husband to buy 1 :drunk: but hor..storage got problem leh..how to position??

you can see my current washing machine? (is behind the sink) where to put the dryer huh? if put at cabinet there then i got not enough cabinets wor..

btw, what is the difference between gas dryer & normal dryer?

Gas dryer is powered by LNG gas. Suppose to be cheaper to operate and dries faster. But if you don't have Citygas gas pipe supply, you cannot use this option.

More common is electric dryer.... some brands like EF or ELBA costs less than $400 for 6kg model.

You can wall mount dryers..... just find a wall space about 55cm in width and height. Can ask your ID where can be suitable for the dryer lor. Some people buy front loading washing machine so that they can stack the dryer on top.

huh Citygas gas pipe supply, meaning if my gas is from govt and not the cylinder kind of gas huh?

sorry leh, i am ready noob in such, thanks for your patience :notti: dun hit me :notti:

Aiyo... no need these polite words lah... this is a forum to share experiences mah... I also learn a lot during my reno so now I am giving back lor. :notti:

Yes.... must have main gas supply from govt.... and also pay them extra $80 to connect into your flat. Yours is three-room flat from an older block right? I assume don't have govt gas supply?? Electric dryer is far more common anyways... cheaper too if you are not too brand conscious. ELBA for example is made in China... but what brand isn't these days?

I think... find the area suitable for wall mount and do your measurements first... then go to places like Mustafa or Audio House to select the model you want... then start calling neighbourhood stores like Hong Liang, CEC, Goh Ah Bee to request for their best quote on the model. Can't go wrong with this methodolgy....which applies to every electric appliances that you buy!

Happy hunting!! :notti:

huh Citygas gas pipe supply, meaning if my gas is from govt and not the cylinder kind of gas huh?

sorry leh, i am ready noob in such, thanks for your patience :notti: dun hit me :notti:

Aiyo... no need these polite words lah... this is a forum to share experiences mah... I also learn a lot during my reno so now I am giving back lor. :notti:

Yes.... must have main gas supply from govt.... and also pay them extra $80 to connect into your flat. Yours is three-room flat from an older block right? I assume don't have govt gas supply?? Electric dryer is far more common anyways... cheaper too if you are not too brand conscious. ELBA for example is made in China... but what brand isn't these days?

I think... find the area suitable for wall mount and do your measurements first... then go to places like Mustafa or Audio House to select the model you want... then start calling neighbourhood stores like Hong Liang, CEC, Goh Ah Bee to request for their best quote on the model. Can't go wrong with this methodolgy....which applies to every electric appliances that you buy!

Happy hunting!! :notti:

okie dokie, think i got it right lah :notti:

ya hor, old flats dun have govt gas supply service leh, meaning that have to buy the cylinder gas lor..got to call uncle to come and send..this is really like my childhood leh so many years never order cylinder gas liao..hohohooh and the "krong krong" sound when they roll it on the floor...

then normal electric dryer will do, any recommendation for which brand? definately buy from neighbourhood shops wan :notti:

thanks much for your suggestions & advice :notti:

then normal electric dryer will do, any recommendation for which brand?

Err... not much experience in buying dryers.... the last one I bought was 4 years back and is an Australian brand. :)

Some dryers, esp European brands can cost $1,000 or more! Maybe you should post a new tread requesting for the latest feedback on dryers. All depends on your budget, I guess. I saw recent adverts of washer and dryer package at less than $800.

Don't buy machines that are washer and dryer combined (ie. one machine that cost over $1,000).... they are expensive and typically only have half the washing capacity for the dryer function.... meaning e.g. washer 6kg, dryer 3kg. It does save you space but if you can find the space... it is always better to use two machines.... cheaper too!

Elba and EF brands looks pretty value for money to me though.... under $400 for 6kg model. If I did not buy the gas dryer from Citygas, I would probably give these brands a try.

There's a picture above with my washer and dryer next to the sink area. Mine is a gas dryer... only one place sells this.....Citygas. It is Rinnai brand from Japan.

They are selling at $600 with some dining vouchers...dono whether promotion still on or not.

However... last year from Nov 07 for about 2months till 17 Jan 08.... they have 5 sets per week selling at $399. hehe... I am the cheapo one that went to queue up on early morning monday (beginning of the week ) to buy. I was successful only on 2nd try. What to do?... poor people like me have to think of means and ways to save money. :sport-smiley-004:

Yes.... mine's a Shih Tzu as well.... coming to 4 years old leow. My little darling girl! She loves humans.... but afraid of all dogs. Think when she was young, she got scared when a golden retriever wanted to play with her.... never recovered from the trama since...sigh.

chrissy1mc8.th.jpg

How old is yours?

ooohhh ... silly me .. me never see your pic properly ...

you got good deal leh

keke .. my donut is soon to be 2yrs old , by this july ...

he is everyone's darling too .. applefreak goin to dognap him when we having the gathering at my place..

hmm.. try to bring her out and see if she can get along with my boys or other gers anot lor ...

Some dryers, esp European brands can cost $1,000 or more! Maybe you should post a new tread requesting for the latest feedback on dryers. All depends on your budget, I guess. I saw recent adverts of washer and dryer package at less than $800.

Elba and EF brands looks pretty value for money to me though.... under $400 for 6kg model. If I did not buy the gas dryer from Citygas, I would probably give these brands a try.

washer and dryer package less than $800 cheap leh, saw also adverts on audio house said can trade in washing machine less $100 !! audio house feedback not good leh..ya i wouldnt buy those 2 in 1 and i know is convenient and save space but usage is lesser lor..

thanks again for your contribution hehehehehe !!

ooohhh ... silly me .. me never see your pic properly ...

you got good deal leh

Wei... hard work leh.... must wake up early on Monday.... go to Citygas to queue without knowledge if I will be successful.... only 5 sets a week.

First try fail.... shop open 8.30am... was there at 8.20am... all 5 taken leow.

Second try.... reached there at 8.00am.... was the fifth person!! Heng ah!!

So whatever the savings I got... I kinda of feel like it was hard earned! :(

Btw.... just checked Citygas website.... now the same gas dryer going for $630 with $50 dining voucher.

hmm.. try to bring her out and see if she can get along with my boys or other gers anot lor ...

Tried those dog parks and stuff for a few times 2 years back.... every time she meets a dog.... ANY dog, even ones half her size.... she tugs her tail and run away or run to me.

Dogs who were initially curious about her eventually got bored 8| and give up, and play with other dogs. :dunno: Sigh.

After a few tries, we sort of decided not to force her if she doesn't want. She just enjoys the company of humans.... and I mean ANY humans. Meet strangers also act like long lost friends. !! Cannot have my guard down... really scared others will steal her away if they have the chance.... and I know she won't know to resist!! !!

Wei... hard work leh.... must wake up early on Monday.... go to Citygas to queue without knowledge if I will be successful.... only 5 sets a week.

First try fail.... shop open 8.30am... was there at 8.20am... all 5 taken leow.

Second try.... reached there at 8.00am.... was the fifth person!! Heng ah!!

So whatever the savings I got... I kinda of feel like it was hard earned! :rofl:

Btw.... just checked Citygas website.... now the same gas dryer going for $630 with $50 dining voucher.

Tried those dog parks and stuff for a few times 2 years back.... every time she meets a dog.... ANY dog, even ones half her size.... she tugs her tail and run away or run to me.

Dogs who were initially curious about her eventually got bored :rofl: and give up, and play with other dogs. :notti: Sigh.

After a few tries, we sort of decided not to force her if she doesn't want. She just enjoys the company of humans.... and I mean ANY humans. Meet strangers also act like long lost friends. :dancingqueen: Cannot have my guard down... really scared others will steal her away if they have the chance.... and I know she won't know to resist!! :notti:

:notti::) you the best ar ...

my hubby won't allow me to get the dryer wor ....

thus me have to be more hard working to "catch" the sun whenever i'm at home ...

SK here , sometimes will rain even with hot sun :):sport-smiley-004:

hmmm... your ger really shy with other dogs ar ... tot can match mate her with my donut ...

btw how you handle her flying furs ?? my donut sheds fur like nothing wor .. just few steps here n there , i can find furs all over liao wor ... :notti:

Edited by ranval9

:bow: :bow: you the best ar ...

my hubby won't allow me to get the dryer wor ....

thus me have to be more hard working to "catch" the sun whenever i'm at home ...

SK here , sometimes will rain even with hot sun :bangwall::bangwall:

Explain to your husband... dryer will make your clothes less crumpled, hence less effort to iron. This alone is worth the investment.... not to mention the time and effort you save on hanging your clothes and waiting for them to dry. :good::good:

hmmm... your ger really shy with other dogs ar ... tot can match mate her with my donut ...

btw how you handle her flying furs ?? my donut sheds fur like nothing wor .. just few steps here n there , i can find furs all over liao wor ... :furious:

Maybe because I have always keep shorter length fur for my gal...no more than two inches... she doesn't shed as much.... very manageable. Only matting issues.... which I admit... I very lazy.... when I find a matt... I just cut it away. But honestly, she has so much fur... no one can tell the difference. :unsure: