Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edlye

Q: Can We / How Can We Change The Lock Of The Letter Box?

My wife and I just took over a resale flat and the previous owner only left one key for the letter box. We're quite certain that there are more copies but the previous owner denies holding on to them. My question is whether we can change the letter box's lock and how to do so? Is it under HDB or the town council? Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
My wife and I just took over a resale flat and the previous owner only left one key for the letter box. We're quite certain that there are more copies but the previous owner denies holding on to them. My question is whether we can change the letter box's lock and how to do so? Is it under HDB or the town council? Thanks.

No need to ask hdb, just call a locksmith. $20 IIRC.

Can DIY also, just a nut that secures the lock.

Bought the lock yesterday and changed it myself. It's a simple affair provided you have a pair of pliers with wider jaws. Thanks to all for the info and help! :furious:

Good move...our seller used our new (his old) mailbox for two months. Still hasn't put in a forwarding request with the post office. :notti:

Good move...our seller used our new (his old) mailbox for two months. Still hasn't put in a forwarding request with the post office. :(

2 months nia. I think my sellers havent even changed and its going to be 3 years soon. IRAS had sent cheques to her, CPF letters, etc. Initially, for the 1st 3 months we would deliver it to her since she moved to nearby estate but after that we stopped doing it as she's supposed to change her address. Now, whenever I received their letters, I just 'dump' it back to the letterbox for 'non-delivered'.

It'll be interesting to see if there's a change in attitude when the bill collection agency catches up with the former owner. The postal service in your area seems to be more efficient. :sport-smiley-018: