Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kewin

Can I Don't Pay The Seller Agent Commission (unethical Seller Agent)

You made a serious mistake believing the agent that the seller will hand over his keys after 1st appt. The agent should have it written in black n white and signed off by you and the seller with him being the witness. Now it is your word against his. The seller can deny agreeing to any of this arrangement. As far as HDB is concerned, handover of keys should be during 2nd appt. Therefore, the agent's backside is covered.

I suggest that besides lodging a complaint to his company, hold back the comm payment. His company can send you demand letters but that is only as far as they can go. They will ultimately try to compromise with you, eg.less $1K or 1 mth of your rental incurred.

Thanks bro..

Ya I knew I have made great mistake without a black n white document as evidence. I don't blame the seller...it's the agent who is creating all this nonsense...regarding the comm around $4k, what can they do if I dont pay? Threaten to take me to court?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Thanks bro..

Ya I knew I have made great mistake without a black n white document as evidence. I don't blame the seller...it's the agent who is creating all this nonsense...regarding the comm around $4k, what can they do if I dont pay? Threaten to take me to court?

if you did sign the commission slip, they can lodge a small claims tribunal against you to recover the commission

Kewin

Dun pay ... wait for them to send you legal letters, or go Small claim..

why should you pay when service is insatisfactory.. and if the case, you shouldnt be paying and mislead into signing an agreement

if they wan, go small claim lor, trash everything in SCT.. they can demand for you to pay, you can demand for the agreement to be made invalid.

Ask the owner for help.. get her to give you a written proof that she has already paid the 2% to her own Agent, so no reason for agent to get it from you anymore.

Keep all the legal letters, everything.. splash to Newspaper... than not only the agent's reputation is at stake, his company reputation is also at Stake.

Make it big.. see who got more to lose!

Edited by charemme

Hi,

Just to share with you all my worst NIGHTMARE n FRUSTRATION with a HSR Agent. I sold my current flat A on 2 Sep 09 (signed OPT form) and bought another unit B from this BASTARD HSR agent on 24 Oct 09. Knowing that I need to rent a place after handing over my current unit A n waiting for the taking over of the new unit B, I discussed with the agent before signing the OTP form n he promised me the owner will hand over the keys n unit to me ON 1st appointment with Hdb which sounds good that I don't have to rent a place n move my furnitures 2 times.

When the agent n myself are discussing to request Hdb to bring forward the 1st appt date..he denied our promise n gave the reason as miscommunication. Saying the owner can only release the unit to me by end of feb or Mar 2010. We quarrelled over this issue n worst of all, he suggested I rent the unit from the owner while waiting for the transition period.

No black n white documents so I'm at the losing end coz verbally doesn't prove anything. I wonder whether our corresponding sms through our handphones can serve as evidence. Anyone who has this experience before kindly help me n advice on this, thanks a lot.

Friends recommended me to lodge a complain to his company n CASE. I wonder does this helps? 23 Nov 2009

I'm actually quite confused. You mentioned that the owner can only release the unit by end Feb, or Mar 2010, YET you can also rent the unit from the owner while waiting for the transition period. Isn't it obvious that they are trying to scoop additional $$$ from you??

A little thought also came across my mind.

Would you still go ahead with the purchase, if the agent had not make the promise of "the owner will hand over the keys n unit to you ON 1st appointment with Hdb"?

I opined that you will have a strong case if you can prove that you were being INDUCED into entering the contract, by the UNSCRUPULOUS agent's Misrepresentations. :paint:

I'm actually quite confused. You mentioned that the owner can only release the unit by end Feb, or Mar 2010, YET you can also rent the unit from the owner while waiting for the transition period. Isn't it obvious that they are trying to scoop additional $$$ from you??

A little thought also came across my mind.

Would you still go ahead with the purchase, if the agent had not make the promise of "the owner will hand over the keys n unit to you ON 1st appointment with Hdb"?

I opined that you will have a strong case if you can prove that you were being INDUCED into entering the contract, by the UNSCRUPULOUS agent's Misrepresentations.

:paint:

Thanks Swift. If I don't go ahead to purchase this unit, I will lose my $5k deposit n end up homeless. Afterwhich I still need to rent a place to stay till I found another unit. Incur additional $ for rental n movers. Don't wish to get into this hassle situation.

My personal conclusion is that the agent never mention to the owner i required the key on 1st appt which he has promised me before I sign the OTP form. The unit is tenated out when I viewed the unit..owner staying another place. I also wish to clarify with owner whether did the agent told them I required to have the key on 1st appt.

The answer is very clear cut. If agent did inform owner n thats between them now to salvage the situation. If owner agreed n back out, it's still the agent fault not securing any black n white document with owner. If owner never agree in the 1st place, it's still the agent fault not informing me that my request is rejected then I will have a choice whether to purchase or look for another unit. By keeping quiet n mislead me to sign the OPT form, it already proves that this agent has no honesty, integrity n responsibility at all.

This type of agent wants to make 3% from selling a flat.

Unethical. Even if you pay this 1%, it should be to the seller (as the agent job is to get the highest price for seller), and Not to get a price and pocket another 1% of the price himself.

Already based on the above, you have a case of unethical behaviors from the agent.

Write to forum, he sure die.

Make sure the word "UNETHICAL" comes out big.

So at the end of the day.

What are the revenues not to pay the agent even after signing the commission form (legally)?

I don't mean that I'm trying to cheat my agent by not paying him, but he has went back on all his promises (that has no black and white), has been extremely rude and unhelpful, doesn't know the rules and regulation of HDB and kept smoking me and last but not least, did nothing but the submission of forms which I can do myself with one eye closed.