Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I will be using my master bedroom balcony to convert into a small working area for my hubby.

Once I have done, will post again... nothing fancy though, just some tables and thats it....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

No lah... what the previous posts meant was, must hack away the walls of HDB flat toilet to fit a double jacuzzi spa pool... not dismantle the balcony... I thought of putting the pool in the balcony but upon checking, it is not allowed... sigh... so that idea went out the window (balcony?)...

anyone did pebble wash flooring for the balcony??

my ID recommended that.

That would look very nice, if you have resort or spa theme.

But if you think of long term, you may get sick of it.

Hi,

The place I'm planning to get comes with a semi-circle balcony. Planning to get rid of the sliding doors and extend the LR.

Not sure if its the right term, but can I have a semi-circle 'bay window' style seating platform? Can seat there and look out the windows, with storage below. Windows are half-height.

Thanks.

Hi,

The place I'm planning to get comes with a semi-circle balcony. Planning to get rid of the sliding doors and extend the LR.

Not sure if its the right term, but can I have a semi-circle 'bay window' style seating platform? Can seat there and look out the windows, with storage below. Windows are half-height.

Thanks.

rendell : why would i get sick of it?

Difficult to maintain?

Probably will slowly turn into "dirty look" if not taken care of properly.

yah... i forgot to ask..how to take care of pebble wash flooring..anyone know???

From a previous thread they say:

Hair is not the biggest worry, it's the algae and soap scum, on the base and on every pebble!

Here's what I have googled:

Pebble floor is very porous and traps food and other microbial contaminants. These types of floors should be cleaned with the proper antimicrobial soaps to suppress microbial action. Cleaning should be done with rotary power scrubbing and then a high pressure steam rinse and vacuum dry. You can also do an anti-microbial and deodorizer application.

Hope it helps

Guest poetsdesign

Make the balcony look natural, and you feel comfort while sitting there,

Sliding door is good too

decided to do away with the pebble wash...too troublesome..

just have a different colour tiles..put some table and chairs and turn it into a relaxing corner..

maybe even plant a few plants..

hi all

the link you provide is not working i am not professional interior designer but I run my furniture shop. I see mostly peoples put some plants at the corner places of balcony if there is great sitting place available there then you also add a table and chairs and make this your sitting area.

Edited by billubarbar

Balcony.png

The unit we bought also come with a big semi-circle balcony. We are putting up a platform and converting it to a "cozy corner" - just put a low table and a couple of bean bags or cushion and we could just sit around and relax.