Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi,

my house is 5room and got a balcony but dun know what to do with it. Thinking of dismantle the sliding door and lay matching tile to extend the living hall (still thinking). :bangwall:

Any good idea?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

my house is 5room and got a balcony but dun know what to do with it. Thinking of dismantle the sliding door and lay matching tile to extend the living hall (still thinking). :D

Any good idea?

yup, u should take down the sliding doors and extend yr tiling all the way and level the floors. no kerb.

having the sliding doors are old fashioned and by taking out, it makes the hall bigger and more comfortable.

another way is to do a platform on yr balcony. it will make a cozy place for ppl to relax there. put some potted plants next to the windows. it will cool down the home.

yup, u should take down the sliding doors and extend yr tiling all the way and level the floors. no kerb.

having the sliding doors are old fashioned and by taking out, it makes the hall bigger and more comfortable.

another way is to do a platform on yr balcony. it will make a cozy place for ppl to relax there. put some potted plants next to the windows. it will cool down the home.

actually i also got this idea of doing a platform but my window is the normal one not full height one and will look odd. If extend my living hall and i have no idea what to have in the living hall and will make it very empty cos my hall only have a feature wall, tv console,sofa and a coffee table. any suggestion what to have?

actually i also got this idea of doing a platform but my window is the normal one not full height one and will look odd. If extend my living hall and i have no idea what to have in the living hall and will make it very empty cos my hall only have a feature wall, tv console,sofa and a coffee table. any suggestion what to have?

its ok not having full height window and u do the platform. not weird at all.

with a platform, yr living hall wont be empty. and the best part is with a platform, u dun need to buy furniture or chairs. ppl can just sit on the platform itself, or on some big pillows or beanbags........

Hi guys...been reading up on some of the posts here...

As for your balcony...the flat that I bought and currently staying in had a balcony that had been converted to be part of the hall making the hall area more spacious. The downside is that rainwater do get into the flat if windows are not closed. I have experienced several flooding due to the rain. The previous owner did not ensure that the levelling of the tiling works is done in such a way that water drains properly. I'm thinking of converting the area back into a balcony as my tv console, furniture and carpets does not get damaged again...have thrown out a few carpets already....

As long as rain water does not go into your flat...it is a good idea....

Just my two cents worth...

For me, I love balcony.

I am not removing the sliding doors and not putting the grills in balcony.

However, looking for option to put chengai flooring, some water feature, relaxing chair/or swing chair (all depending on budget)

Edited by priyalok

hehe good idea but usually if have balcony, the unit diagonally above you can more or less see you through windows or their balcony. kinda spoils the spa mood when u dip into the jaccuzi,lie your head backwards relaxing only to meet eye to eye with your neigbour smoking at their balcony. also, think there's a weight limit to how much laden weight you can have on the balcony.

so good,5 room and have balcony like EA/EM,but power/water/gas tariffs lower. should really enjoy the balcony. :notti:

The balcony of my 5 room flat is kind of like 'sunken in' design, not like the protruding type, so no worries about neighbours looking in. The view outside is only the next block and can be easily blocked off by using blinds.

I think most likely will need a PE to endorse it and seek HDB approval. The only problem I foresee is the water pipes, which will need to run through the living room.

Will be getting my flat in January, so will ask my ID to incorporate it into the design. :D

A double jacuzzi bathtub cost from $1800 to $3600 depending on features, excluding installation. Permit may be required and may even not be allowed if weight is a problem. I have to check with my ID regarding this first.

pretty sure,ID's will tell you to hack the exisiting toilet,hack the mbr+the room next to it then combine together for enlarged toilet and WIW in one big room..they loved to hack up ppls walls more then running waterpipes. :dribble:

Taking a quote from one of my favourite shows,"It is only logical... history has shown that it is far more easier to destroy than to create..."

thinking of making a raised platform, and create a cosy area for my mini study using the balcony area. What you guys think? Any balcony conversion pics will be great!