Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
poppytree

Life Story Versus Life Storey

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Henry & ilmare612,

So Henry you actually meant "showroom piece" when you said "showroom mattress"? Haha, I misinterpreted that you meant buying mattress from mattress showroom vs warehouse mattress sales!

On the point suggested by ilmare612, I must agree that mattress/bed is the most important investment among all furnitures because we actually spend approximately one third of our life-time on our beds. A good, comfortable uninterrupted sleep would make us waking up energised for the new day's challenges.

Therefore, it make sense to invest a little more on a good mattress/bed, which is why I am seriously considering buying the Simmons mattress offered by Living Story (below $2k :dribble: , or anyone knows any cheaper elsewhere?) to replace my 8 year-old King Coil which is giving me all the aches all these years (didn't change because of thriftiness), but not until reading SENSETALK share his/her experience first.

And personally, I would not buy showroom piece. The thought of so many strangers had already laid on it makes me feel uneasy. But having said that, to the uninitiated, you could still be sold a showroom piece by any unscrupulous retailer out there without your knowledge. So scrutinise your mattress when its being delivered to you :notti:

:yamseng:

RENOLOGIC

Hi,

Simmons mattress offer 2K, advertise everywekend Simmons at $899 there is $100 tranport charges

worst still 7% G.S.T exclude and further more is not pocket spring, this model SIMMONS Deepsleep is only U.S200 can get it at Simmons U.S website don't believe can try www.simmons.com.

i call Simmons co in Singapore, they told me they do not give warranty on parallel import Simmons mattress is your own risk, think twice first before you comit this co (LIVING HOME) is only 6mths in their business, did you heard of this co : ichiban,Bed and Bedding,meisin,pensirsula house and many furniture shop that hit anr run away customer $$$ :sport-smiley-004:

Hi All,

Been waiting in vain for SENSETALK to share his/her alleged unpleasant mattress-buying experience with Living Story. Saw Robinson's advertising $1,500 for Queen Simmons mattress, so went down last thursday. The advert said for first 15 customers only but apparently still available when I was there. Thought I was lucky but unfortunately did not like it because it was a bit too firm for me. The mattress was around 7 inch thick without pillow top.

As my wife liked the piece **** Story, so we went down on saturday to look for the salesman Gary but was told that he was off on that day.

Another salesman Alloysius attended to us. We tried the advertised $899 piece. Not too bad but a little too soft for my liking. So we settled for the model (Beautyrest Classic Series - American Queen with plush pillow top) we had been thinking plus a bedframe plus accessories at below $2k and placed a minimum deposit of 30%. We made him write on the invoice "guaranteed delivery date or else full deposit refund", which he obliged.

Will get you guys posted after the delivery in two weeks' time.

RENOLOGIC

Edited by Renologic

I was an ex customer of Living Story. Luckily, my products came (minor hiccups only, no big problem) and i have no problem with them.

This is none of my business, but sorry i just can't help it...

Renologic, i think you should stop the act. It's becoming so blatant that it stopped being funny after a while.

To be frank, I think you're causing the company more harm than good.

Hi All,

Been waiting in vain for SENSETALK to share his/her alleged unpleasant mattress-buying experience with Living Story. Saw Robinson's advertising $1,500 for Queen Simmons mattress, so went down last thursday. The advert said for first 15 customers only but apparently still available when I was there. Thought I was lucky but unfortunately did not like it because it was a bit too firm for me. The mattress was around 7 inch thick without pillow top.

As my wife liked the piece **** Story, so we went down on saturday to look for the salesman Gary but was told that he was off on that day.

Another salesman Alloysius attended to us. We tried the advertised $899 piece. Not too bad but a little too soft for my liking. So we settled for the model (Beautyrest Classic Series - American Queen with plush pillow top) we had been thinking plus a bedframe plus accessories at below $2k and placed a minimum deposit of 30%. We made him write on the invoice "guaranteed delivery date or else full deposit refund", which he obliged.

Will get you guys posted after the delivery in two weeks' time.

RENOLOGIC

I was an ex customer of Living Story. Luckily, my products came (minor hiccups only, no big problem) and i have no problem with them.

This is none of my business, but sorry i just can't help it...

Renologic, i think you should stop the act. It's becoming so blatant that it stopped being funny after a while.

To be frank, I think you're causing the company more harm than good.

Funny? Funny what? Nobody is here to tickle your bones!

Since you said that you had no problem with Living Story and is none of your business, you should shut your mouth and stop accusing other forummer with good intention here! Or maybe you are Living Story's competitor in disguise?? If you have any axe to grind with Living Story in private, I suggest that you take it up with them directly, not attacking here under disguise!

RENOLOGIC

I went down to Living Story this afternoon. The exterior looks impressive enough with a hugh full colour banner hanging from the top of the 5-storey building. Some loose displays outside the entrance looks attractive too. But there was not a soul as I enter the front door! Strange... :unsure:

Then the lift opened, and a group of 4~5 people came out talking loudly and laughing. One of the men with a namecard strapped around the neck greeted me and apologised saying that all the sales staff were busy engaged with customers at the moment and that he will attend to me in a while. I took a quick tour of the ground level displays and took the lift to upper floors. I then realised that they were indeed overwhelmed with customers. It was unfortunate that I received a call at that instance from my wife and had to leave immediately to attend to a urgent matter.

My first impression of the furnitures on display was not too bad. The staff were rather friendly. Displayed prices were average though. One or two pieces of sofa caught my eyes but I didn't have time to talk to the salesman. I will probably go down again tomorrow for a better look.

Cheers,

RENOLOGIC

You sounded like an employee of the company. Otherwise, nobody will put in so much time & effort to talk so much goodness for this company in the forum.

If you are a satisfied consumer, you will just post a short & sharp comment & that's it, you will never "blow" so much.

Your posting made me think you are either an employee of this company or you are paid to do so.

Edited by F22Raptor

Yes. They have changed their name to Living Story, selling the exact items. Well luckily (well I am TinyEyes's husband) quickly told them to deliver our items (a dinning table and the $399 coffee table) to us. The quality of the items are really no bad, but just that their attitude are far from satisfactory. Really advise is not to purchase from them to save you more misery.

Cheers.

The sales person in Life Storey revealed that his company issued a warning to Life Story, so they have to change to Living Story.

Anyone can advise? I brought a sofa and coffe table from living story (Fashion Home). When delivered, coffee table ok so no complaint but there is a torn on the sofa which my hubby rejected. We have paid half as deposit for both and now currently both item are at my place. We went down to complaint and demand for a new set of sofa but they say they do not have another set and ask me to accept the torn sofa but willing to give further discount. What u all think i should do? I asked for refund then they say cannot.They did not call us back on the status and now i am stuck

Torn sofa? How could it be? Could it be a display set?

I think you have just bought a used sofa.

Suggest you look at the Terms & Conditions of your receipt. Is there a clause that says you are to receive the goods in good condition? You may have a case with CASE. Unless the discount is really significant...like 50% or more. Otherwise, I will not even consider.

Yeah, you are right. I think their cost is very low, if it's from China, more lower, otherwise how to support so many sales people & such a big showroom?

And, Renologic seems to be over "protecting" Living Story &/or Fashion Home very much. Every negative feedback has either an explanation or a counter attack from him. Who will bother to do that if he is not an employee of the company..... who know he could be the boss!

Just by looking at his ID "Renologic" can tell that he is from reno or furniture industry.

A normal satisfied customer will just put a simple compliment & go on. Who will care to talk so much in long paragraphs to fight for the company

Hi, we saw the ad on the Simmons mattress over the weekend and decided to make a trip down. Only to be told that's it's sold out and the sales person offers us an alternative which is more then double the price. We felt quite mis-leaded in a way. It's like they use that ad to bait the customers down. Another point to note if we buy a so-call parallel import from USA is that their dimension is slightly different from the Asia size. Which means you will have limitation on bedsheets here in Singapore and probably an obligation to buy their bed frame which fits their mattress.

Not forgetting, these imported Simmons do not have local Simmons' warrantee, I called Simmons to find out.

These were warranteed by the company, if the company closed, warrantee gone.

Hi folks

It is not my intention to flame but I cant help but add my comments after terrible experience with living story.

My parents went to their showroom in Oct after being lured by the promotion simmons price. They bought a 2K plus piece of American King Simmons mattress.

To date, only bedframe delivered. No mattress! Dont know how such a company can still be around conning people of their hard earned money. If they dont deliver by end of this year, I will lodge a CASE against them and hopefully be able to recover my parents hard earned money. :(

Hi Lynette... was just wondering if they called to explain why you don't have the mattress? was there any word or reason from them?

End of the yr it's common for things to be delayed but with proper after sales service I guess it's acceptable. If delayed and no word at all Then it's not ba.

Do not mean to be KPO. Cant help it but to add on my experience. I had bad experience with another com. that keep delaying my good and it just wound up overnite. This fashion home/living story/Life story seems to exhibit all the traits and behaves like the previous com that had closed down. Suggest you guy must get your deposit back fast. God bless.

they tell my parents shipment delay .. and my parents did not probe further. I dont feel comfortable with the many delays so I went online and google the company. Getting nervous to hear so many negative comments :( Anyways, maybe nervous for nothing. I mean the company is quite big rite? showroom so big, so many advertisments each week. Surely cannot be out to con my parents 2plus K

Dear all,

This is my first posting.

I am also a victim of life story. If only I chance upon this thread earlier, then i wont be con by them!

I bought my furnitures from them in Oct

2 beds, coffee table, sofa, dinning set and my requested delivery date is end Nov.

initially, they call me and say ALL the items will be delivered promptly

On the delivery date, we took a day's leave and wait at our new place

In the end, they only came after 5 when they told us our slot is 1 to 5pm...

When they arrived, we were only given the sofa set, the dinning chair and a badly chipped and cracked cofffee table with a nail on 1 of the leg's base!!

We rejected that coffee table immediately coz it looked like its utilised for years and the cracked is so obvious.

When we call the logistic dept to enquire abt the rest of the items, they were always giving us diff answers.

As we called them everyday, we were given an answer finally!!!

And the anwser is:- we are the ones to request for late delivery for the remaining items!

We were totally pissed coz why would any person in the right mind ask for deliveries on different dates??!!

I tink its a tactic used by them to cover up for their late deliveries.

eventually, we were given a new date for the next delivery, and that is today.

This time round, only the coffee table and dinning table arrived

Luckily we checked the coffee table on the spot and realise that its the same coffeetable tat we rejected the previous time coz we recongnise the same cracked and nail on the same table leg's base!!!

Immediately, we ask the delivery man to bring bac, but he told us to "used" 1st and when he deliver the bed the next time, he will bring a new one to change with me.

I insist that he bring bac the coffee table but he refused, quoting that he need to rush off.

I hope that there will be no complication in "accepting" this coffee table coz we are worried that they will point the finger at us and say that we have spoilt the coffee table, so no exchanged!

The dinning table is no better.

After the delivery guy left, we started to wipe the dinning table.

We then realise that the table is very shacky. We tried to put some papers and stoppers to balance the table but it still doesnt work.

We tried to called Fashion Home but no one pick up.

Totally regretted getting all my furniture from them!!!

they tell my parents shipment delay .. and my parents did not probe further. I dont feel comfortable with the many delays so I went online and google the company. Getting nervous to hear so many negative comments :( Anyways, maybe nervous for nothing. I mean the company is quite big rite? showroom so big, so many advertisments each week. Surely cannot be out to con my parents 2plus K

mmm lynette.. think should call them again ba. mmm I dun think they will con people outright but they will delay delay delay delay cos you all never make any noise.

It's logical in a company... serve the fella who makes noise then those who don't... can wait..... mmm This company is not the big branded Life Storey...

This one has a big store but how big it is in terms of operations... not sure wor. Good luck!

Sway>> OH NO.. how?? I think call them and return everything ba... mm sure say it's your fault. Even delivery date also say it's YOU who request... such audacity! :jawdrop::jawdrop: horrible... I hear liao also feel terrible for you. haiz

Edited by pinkpetter

Hope pple think twice before going to this store to get your furniture! although their showroom display sets seem nice and good quALity... but you will get a different thing when they arrived ! eg: they will tell you its stainless steel material etc etc... but you get chrome !

and they will make it several trips to deliver everything to u.. sometimes is dimensions wrong, sometimes is spoilt items etc. you will end up waste so much time having to wait there for them ! and their stuff are not exactly cheap compared to other more reputatble stores out there which are having promotions. !

Just my advice, think twice ! dun end up regret getting poor quality goods and full of anger ! I bought my stuffs from them beginning of yr. first delivery is Oct. but now, coming to Dec, they have yet to finish delivering all my orders!!! they will come out with all sorts of excuses... typhoon, shipment delay, factory wrong dimension etc. . !!!

oh... and can tell you, in the past 1 yr since the first time i stepped in to buy, their staffs kept changing... so when i wanna find the salesguy who sold the so-called " high quality" furniture with mid range prices , they told me he left and they cant ascertain what is our conversation/ promises between us and the salesguy who left ! another tactic to shirk responsibilty !!

Edited by plossy