Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
poppytree

Life Story Versus Life Storey

I would also like to share my experience with them although I've already pour out my frustrations in another thread here which some may not be aware. Well, here goes.. like lynettetan's parents, I got lured by their ad and purchase a Simmons mattress **** Story in Oct 08, with stated date of delivery on 5 Dec 08. When I called them nearer to date, they told me would check and called by hubby (his mobile stated on the invoice) of a delay. My hubby later received call from another staff to say the mattress is on time and thereafter from a third staff explaining the delay (they just don't communicate!). Sensing the fishiness and out of frustration, we stormed the company in the evening demanding explanation and a staff Nicholas attended to us, extending his apologies and explained the delay was caused by fire in California which affected their warehouse (fire was indeed reported in news during that period) and whether we would like to choose another model (but must pay additional $300) which we declined. Nicholas then informed they will deliver the bed frame we have selected first then mattress sometime mid to end Dec 08. Bedframe was indeed delivered but not the correct one and I had to call them again, they tried to persuade me to take it but I demanded to have the one I selected and they told me it would take about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks to customised. I asked them to call my hubby to explain and my hubby, after blasting them, demanded for a fax to state the bed frame delivery and matress delivery dates, which they did, specifying the bedframe delivery on 18 Dec 08 and mattress end Dec 08 (didn't managed to nail a date though). As of 18 Dec 08, the correct bed frame was delivered, thanks to my close follow up with this lady from logistics dept (which I found to be the most helpful of the lot). And now, I'm following up for the mattress, which they told my hubby to be 24 Dec 08. Hopefully I can get them to send one to me before they close shop!! To those still following up on their items, please call and pressure them!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Oh Gosh!!

Y i didn't come across this chat, i juz made a sofa purchase wif them last weekend :bangwall::bangwall:

i should have suspect something is wrong when there's customer complaining abt one of the dining chair when we're there...but we didn't get to hear wat they're complaining onli heard 1 of the sales person say "it's like that..all these are frm the same shipment, nthing went wrong except yours" then another sales person usher the customers to the front.

The sales lady who serve us was quite nice & helpful and becoz of the price n the quality we saw at the showroom was quite gd for the sofas....luckily we nv commit for the coffee table which we almost did.

Can someone advice if we can ask for a refund coz our delivery date is in oct?

Oh Gosh!!

Y i didn't come across this chat, i juz made a sofa purchase wif them last weekend :bangwall::bangwall:

i should have suspect something is wrong when there's customer complaining abt one of the dining chair when we're there...but we didn't get to hear wat they're complaining onli heard 1 of the sales person say "it's like that..all these are frm the same shipment, nthing went wrong except yours" then another sales person usher the customers to the front.

The sales lady who serve us was quite nice & helpful and becoz of the price n the quality we saw at the showroom was quite gd for the sofas....luckily we nv commit for the coffee table which we almost did.

Can someone advice if we can ask for a refund coz our delivery date is in oct?

[/quot

I got more **** than you from them. my sofa starts to give me cracking sound even less than one month when its was deliver to me on mid jan. so far the repair once and return me with the same condition and worse and torn on the leather sofa. call them today and they say its me who spoit it and now wanna put the blame on them. hopeless company. me going to small claim tribunal and see what is the outcome.

Dear all,

This is my first posting.

I am also a victim of life story. If only I chance upon this thread earlier, then i wont be con by them!

I bought my furnitures from them in Oct

2 beds, coffee table, sofa, dinning set and my requested delivery date is end Nov.

initially, they call me and say ALL the items will be delivered promptly

On the delivery date, we took a day's leave and wait at our new place

In the end, they only came after 5 when they told us our slot is 1 to 5pm...

When they arrived, we were only given the sofa set, the dinning chair and a badly chipped and cracked cofffee table with a nail on 1 of the leg's base!!

We rejected that coffee table immediately coz it looked like its utilised for years and the cracked is so obvious.

When we call the logistic dept to enquire abt the rest of the items, they were always giving us diff answers.

As we called them everyday, we were given an answer finally!!!

And the anwser is:- we are the ones to request for late delivery for the remaining items!

We were totally pissed coz why would any person in the right mind ask for deliveries on different dates??!!

I tink its a tactic used by them to cover up for their late deliveries.

eventually, we were given a new date for the next delivery, and that is today.

This time round, only the coffee table and dinning table arrived

Luckily we checked the coffee table on the spot and realise that its the same coffeetable tat we rejected the previous time coz we recongnise the same cracked and nail on the same table leg's base!!!

Immediately, we ask the delivery man to bring bac, but he told us to "used" 1st and when he deliver the bed the next time, he will bring a new one to change with me.

I insist that he bring bac the coffee table but he refused, quoting that he need to rush off.

I hope that there will be no complication in "accepting" this coffee table coz we are worried that they will point the finger at us and say that we have spoilt the coffee table, so no exchanged!

The dinning table is no better.

After the delivery guy left, we started to wipe the dinning table.

We then realise that the table is very shacky. We tried to put some papers and stoppers to balance the table but it still doesnt work.

We tried to called Fashion Home but no one pick up.

Totally regretted getting all my furniture from them!!!

Hi Sway,

What you say is right. it happen to me too. My sofa set was send to me in mid jan this yr and start to give me problem the moment they install the sofa legs. when the sofa was send to me, i was working that day and my wife carry my baby saw them install the sofa. when i get back from work, expecting to receive a brand new sofa, i was wrong. The legs of the sofa was install slanted in all sorts of angle. Call them up the next day to complain and guess what, the lady boss (china lady) came with a old man a couple of days later and i saw how the lady retifiy the problem. She unscrew the screw and put in at least 10pieces of spacer to get the legs straight. My impression tell me that i will have lots of problem with them. can you imgaine a brand new sofa has to resort to put so many spacer in it tells me that their goods lousy. Right after 2 wks, the sofa starts to have cracking sound when i sit on it and the cushion slack down to the side), call them again and the lady boss says that why so many problem from me! By then was very angry and told her that if your sofa is good, will i have to call and complain? Due to her rude impression and attitude, i went to CASE and serve them the first letter to them. They reply very fast the next day and say will arrange to take back the sofa for repair. When they took back the sofa, i went down to the shownroom and the lady boss was there and very rude to me. Guess what she say ( Dun like people to go to CASE, think CASE is your father or mother) and even pass a comment saying that in their trade there is no 100% good quality and one of their new male staff even tell me that with the kind of money i pay for the sofa, dun expect to get good quality and even say that if i want a good quality sofa, then i should not be in their showroom. :furious:

Now when the sofa is return to me just couple of days ago, the same problem happen again ( cracking sound ) and this time worse, there is a torn by the side of the sofa. Call them the next day and a lady answer my call. when i ask her whether is she the lady boss, she say no but when i told her the sofa that they repair and send it back to me is still the same condition and even told her about the torn sofa, she immediately defence herself and i know she is the lady boss. Guess what is her answer ( dun always try to put all the blame to my company, maybe you yourself damage the sofa and now want to put the fault to us, we dun have time to handle your case alone. Even if you go to CASE i will still tell them the same thing) Reason out with her saying that why on earth for no reason i wanna damage my own sofa, her reply is how would i know your purpose!!!

Leave me to no other choice but to go to small claim to file for a claim.

will keep you and all the victim updated if there is any outcome.

For your case, think you better go to CASE or even small claim cos you may get the same treatment from them.

Edited by des_lee73

oct?????? and you still have not got it? you should ask for a refund

Mine suppose to deliver tis yr Oct.

Went down to their showroom a couple of weeks ago, ask them to write dwn the FOC delivery in black n white...the salesgirl ensure that there wouldn't be anymore problems like wat i saw online...even claim that some bad comments are written by opp company's ppl....sigh juz hope that everything went on smoothly. :(

Mine suppose to deliver tis yr Oct.

Went down to their showroom a couple of weeks ago, ask them to write dwn the FOC delivery in black n white...the salesgirl ensure that there wouldn't be anymore problems like wat i saw online...even claim that some bad comments are written by opp company's ppl....sigh juz hope that everything went on smoothly. :(

Well hopefully u can get all the things in one piece. They will promise u all that u ask for but when the real time comes, u will then see the true colour. Especially the lady boss( china lady) arrogant and no manners at all. Remember to check all your items carefully before u let them go else if anything goes wrong they will say its not their problem anymore. :bangwall:

Edited by des_lee73

Dear all,

This is my first posting.

I am also a victim of life story. If only I chance upon this thread earlier, then i wont be con by them!

I bought my furnitures from them in Oct

2 beds, coffee table, sofa, dinning set and my requested delivery date is end Nov.

initially, they call me and say ALL the items will be delivered promptly

On the delivery date, we took a day's leave and wait at our new place

In the end, they only came after 5 when they told us our slot is 1 to 5pm...

When they arrived, we were only given the sofa set, the dinning chair and a badly chipped and cracked cofffee table with a nail on 1 of the leg's base!!

We rejected that coffee table immediately coz it looked like its utilised for years and the cracked is so obvious.

When we call the logistic dept to enquire abt the rest of the items, they were always giving us diff answers.

As we called them everyday, we were given an answer finally!!!

And the anwser is:- we are the ones to request for late delivery for the remaining items!

We were totally pissed coz why would any person in the right mind ask for deliveries on different dates??!!

I tink its a tactic used by them to cover up for their late deliveries.

eventually, we were given a new date for the next delivery, and that is today.

This time round, only the coffee table and dinning table arrived

Luckily we checked the coffee table on the spot and realise that its the same coffeetable tat we rejected the previous time coz we recongnise the same cracked and nail on the same table leg's base!!!

Immediately, we ask the delivery man to bring bac, but he told us to "used" 1st and when he deliver the bed the next time, he will bring a new one to change with me.

I insist that he bring bac the coffee table but he refused, quoting that he need to rush off.

I hope that there will be no complication in "accepting" this coffee table coz we are worried that they will point the finger at us and say that we have spoilt the coffee table, so no exchanged!

The dinning table is no better.

After the delivery guy left, we started to wipe the dinning table.

We then realise that the table is very shacky. We tried to put some papers and stoppers to balance the table but it still doesnt work.

We tried to called Fashion Home but no one pick up.

Totally regretted getting all my furniture from them!!!

Please make do not accept any items that differs from what u order from them. If customer accept, its means goods rec'd is inspected and acceptable by customer in perfect condition. By then, if want to complaint or what also too late..

Based on my past experience with unscrupulous merchant, please just proceed direct to small claim court.. it will be much effective than CASE.

CASE is useless.. no legal actions, only perhaps will black this the particular merchant.

If 2nd time, item delivered is in bad condition, take pic , reject the items. Present the pic of the rotten goods as evidence in small claim court and ask to void the transaction and request for merchant to refund deposit.

Edited by charemme

I believe they have change to new brand now located in Genting Lane....cant recalled the exact name...will try to recall.....Went on Sat to have a look, saw an advert which advertise a coffee table for $399, when we at their show room, told us they sold it for $599??!!!

They say something that they are sue by Simmons so they are trying to clear away their Simmons bedding stock.Wifey and i went on to try, but somehow the feel of it was totally diffrenet from the Simmons showroom and Robinson store which we tried...so beware...

I believe they have change to new brand now located in Genting Lane....cant recalled the exact name...will try to recall.....Went on Sat to have a look, saw an advert which advertise a coffee table for $399, when we at their show room, told us they sold it for $599??!!!

They say something that they are sue by Simmons so they are trying to clear away their Simmons bedding stock.Wifey and i went on to try, but somehow the feel of it was totally diffrenet from the Simmons showroom and Robinson store which we tried...so beware...

Are they located at Blue Building in Genting Lane?

I admire your courage, after reading this thread, I wouldn't even go near the store much less buy something.