Sign in to follow this  
tofler

Contemporay Modern

My Floor Plan

page-0001.jpg

Hey tofler,

wow, i like e size of ur new hm, esp e kitchen design. :dribble:

Aniway, i find dat

- e nos. of dnlights can b reduced at e master bedroom, bedroom 3 & kitchen.

- e dnlights jus above e tv console in mbr can b taken out.

- with cove lite, wise choice of painting colour, bright white or daylite dnlite, ur hm is bright enough oleady.

:notti:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Was really glad to see the outcome of my MBR bathroom afterall... luckily the feature wall with apple green protruding round circles came out looking comfortable.

Was so worried that the outcome would make the whole bathroom looks greeny...

DSC01220.jpg

Last minute, my ID called me to say that she would want to suggest to raise a curb between the MBR and the bathroom, as previously the intersection pt between the room and bathroom was only a slight raise.

So in order to protect my parquet flooring in the long run, she suggested to raise a curb.

and this is the outcome...

DSC01221.jpg

Hey tofler,

wow, i like e size of ur new hm, esp e kitchen design. :dribble:

Aniway, i find dat

- e nos. of dnlights can b reduced at e master bedroom, bedroom 3 & kitchen.

- e dnlights jus above e tv console in mbr can b taken out.

- with cove lite, wise choice of painting colour, bright white or daylite dnlite, ur hm is bright enough oleady.

:notti:

Yar, i was also hoping to reduce some dnlights in the house.

i think currently we have about 40 dnlights which i feel it would become a electricity powerhse :jawdrop:

Bt at the same time, we are also worried that the lightings might not be enuf. So kinda in a dilemma...

In the end, decided to proceed with the actual plan, becos the cove lighting would consume more power as compare to energy saving dnlights, but at the same time we also want to maintain the option to have a cosy feel with cove lights....

:dribble: good location :dribble:

So near to the central... got food court, got FairPrice, got wet market.... :dribble::dribble::dribble:

Nice location... not like mine... have to drive out to the nearest vicinity... or maybe to the Esso opp juz to get some food... :P

That side got ntuc meh? I know got wet market only. :P Or do you mean the interchange? Erm, it's 3 bus stops leh. Still far. I know can walk... but.. 20 mins leh. :(

Yr that Esso very big lehz. :notti: Or you go on straight to Pasir Ris St 11/12 there. :notti:

That side got ntuc meh? I know got wet market only. :P Or do you mean the interchange? Erm, it's 3 bus stops leh. Still far. I know can walk... but.. 20 mins leh. :(

Yr that Esso very big lehz. :notti: Or you go on straight to Pasir Ris St 11/12 there. :notti:

Have... it's near to the Central opp Dunman Secondary. :D

Have... it's near to the Central opp Dunman Secondary. :D

Oh, that side ah... :) Ok... coz i hardly ventured into tt side yet... normally will go Tampines mall there... My parents side there lagi more nearer to mrt. I'm walking to mrt stn to work daily. 10 mins walk. Next time must take bus. zz zz

Oh, that side ah... :) Ok... coz i hardly ventured into tt side yet... normally will go Tampines mall there... My parents side there lagi more nearer to mrt. I'm walking to mrt stn to work daily. 10 mins walk. Next time must take bus. zz zz

Wow! :jawdrop:

Good way of exercising too... :dancingqueen:

Tmrw meeting our ID to choose lights @ the Singapore Lighting Mart... Hopefully will turn out fine.

Decided to change my MBR bathroom door from Tempered Glass to Movie Door...

Worried that one day the tempered glass door will just shattered... :jawdrop:

Can anyone advise the cons of using movie door?

What's movie door? :dunno:

Btw, I founf the ntuc just now while exploring. Haha!

:rofl: :rofl:

My ID call them movie door...

But i think most ppl don't call it that...

It's like a normal door, which swings inward. A full panel of glass framed up using aluminum.

And it is very expensive... our tempered glass door for MBR toilet was quoted $680, but my ID quoted us the movie door for $740.

:dunno: so apparently the tempered glass door seems like a cheaper alternative...

Oh. Was under the impression tt tempered glass is more expensive to normal glass. :dunno: So a movie door is something of a aluminium frame over the glass...

Heard alot of bad review about LNL... so was abit skeptical when my ID wanna bring us to Singapore Lighting Mart as it is another subsidiary linked to LNL.

But from this experience, i feel that to be fair to yourself and also the shops, you really have to do your homework well. It REALLY makes alot of difference! :sport-smiley-004: Especially when it comes to price negotiation.

And maybe it is also becos that my ID managed to get the in-charge of SLM to quote us, we managed to get a rather reasonable rate directly without any of those stuffs like e.g. "wait huh, i check with my Boss" .... He gets to make decision which makes our trip sweet and simple...

So today total damage on lightings and ceiling fan was $1800!!

The most expensive buy :deal: was a crystal hanging lights for our island and dining table. heart pain... :( but it is really very nice lor. :wub: we just love it... :yeah:

Invoice for the day

----------------------

1) 34 units of PLC

2) 2 hamburger lights

3) AirCrack bathroom light

4) 24 units fluorescent holder

5) 4 unit crystal hanging lights

6) 1 unit 60" Tamco Petite Senorita Ceiling lights

Oh. Was under the impression tt tempered glass is more expensive to normal glass. :dunno: So a movie door is something of a aluminium frame over the glass...

Yar!

The first time we ask them abt the movie door, was also surprised to know that it cost more than our tempered glass door.

If got chance, i go there and take pic and show u... :notti:

some pixs of the lights that was bought last yesterday.

Tubes for my covelights

-------------------------------

DSC01273.jpg

Downlights for the entire hse.

----------------------------------

downlights.jpg

Service Balcony Light

---------------------------------

DSC01274.jpg

Bathroom lights

DSC01277.jpg

Kitchen Island Lights

DSC01276.jpg

Love yr island lights wor :wub: ... Yrs is open concept kind? Paiseh, me cannot remember... :bangwall::bangwall:

Yap! We hack the wall in between the living and kitchen.

It tooks us alot of effort and time to convince both our parents thou...

Guess it is not so easy for them to accept 'open' kitchen, as their perception of open kitchen would mean entire area will be filled with smoke and grease...