Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
swiftmox

Electricity Saving Device

Today a salesman claiming to be from a company called Enersave and endorsed by government agency since 2002 came by to sell a device that can save electricity just by plugging it to a wall socket. He did a demonstration and the electricity current really drops. Seems to be an ElectroMagnetic Descaler.

Anyone has any experience with this? Does it really save electricity bill?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Just be careful with this type of things, if so good the government might as well mass implement it since we are on the go green agenda. There is a discussion about this somewhere in this forum.

Just be careful with this type of things, if so good the government might as well mass implement it since we are on the go green agenda. There is a discussion about this somewhere in this forum.

Well, BAsic formula P = VA, ie Power = Voltage X Current

So if that gadget limits / lowers the current to your device while Voltage stays constant, the Power output at your device end will proportionally be reduced.

I was thinking the same thing. If it's so good the government would have consider adopting it nationwide.

But, the problem is that the demonstration he showed was with a 32W lamp switched on and off and it seems to consume 17% much more electricity than what is stated. So, using formula seems inaccurate for now.

I've been trying to figure out where my electricity goes to for the past few months without much luck. Guess it's really hard to gauge the use in real life without a measuring device.

Thanks for the input! =)

But, the problem is that the demonstration he showed was with a 32W lamp switched on and off and it seems to consume 17% much more electricity than what is stated. So, using formula seems inaccurate for now.

How do you know his device is accurate? For all I know, it's been rigged to display a 17% higher output.

To save electricity the best way is to change the way you comsume it. Pick up appliances with energy saving ticks, the more the merrier.

Also always seek for alternatives or best use it only when needed.

No magic about this type of devices if you don't adopt the right lifestyle.

The formula is correct, but the elec. apps dun function efficiently.. some energy r loss thru' heat, resistance & etc..

The main energy "suckers" r the aircon which uses higher current.. dat the device can't b used, hence the 'limited' usefulness I would say.. Other than dat fridge is the nxt in line elec. apps which we on 24hrs/day, but then again nowadays we've 4 ticks energy efficiency fridge & so on.. u get the idea now, u probably wun get much out of the device.. :yamseng:

Edited by JuzChris