Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Dear All,

Just to share with you what we have checked earlier on the air-con. A few salespersons told us to measure the height of the window near the air-con ledge because the compressor may not be able to fit in. For Toshiba, Panasonic, etc, I think the compressors are >800mm. From what we saw, only the Mitsubishi can fit in. You may want to go out and check with the other shops and measure the window height before getting an air-con.

Rgds

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
when i get my keys i ask for the ROM thing. was told latest need to produce the cert only by 2010. :deal:

the latest date when the flats are supposed to be finish. think whether u apply AHG or not it is the same. but again i could be wrong..

:yamseng:

Thanks dude.

However I checked via HDB website. They mention :-

AHG.jpg

*pls see the highlighted words.

Anyone have experience? or also same situation with me?

A question post to the floor for those who applied AHG (Additional Housing Grant) and have not ROM yet.

Is it that we die die need to show them ROM cert when we take the key?

If I cannot produce ROM cert, what are the options available to me?

Hi I'm in the same situation. Was supposed to take possession on 2 July, however, after speaking to our sales officer, we learnt that we MUST produce the marriage cert upon taking possession, thus we had to delay our appointment date till after our ROM.

But it wasn't too bad for us coz we've planned a long time ago to have our ROM on this particular date.

I don't think there's any way to wriggle out of that condition since it's clearly stated. But still, no harm checking with your sales officer and find out if there are any other alternatives. Good luck!

seraphinee - Appreciate your reply. So when u planning to get the key? Because i am also worry about HLE which will expire in 3 month time. Mine going to expire on Sept.... BTW, i had pm you. awaiting for your reply

:(

Edited by big orange

seraphinee - Appreciate your reply. So when u planning to get the key? Because i am also worry about HLE which will expire in 3 month time. Mine going to expire on Sept...

You can go for the 2nd appointment and complete the sale. And move the collection of keys appointment to later. That will solve the HLE problem at least.

If your ROM is 'soon'. Write to HDB to ask for case by case extension, giving good black and white that you are going to ROM, just that it is out of this window.

HDB should have the flexibility to give you the keys.

If not, well, who the heck is the East Coast GRC MPs????

Idealsmiths - Will i able to go for my 2nd appointment (pay 5%) then wait for the key? Is it possible? Since the whole HDB is already ready?

I think my ROM will be next year .. so it will be at least 6month or more from today.

Maybe will find MP like you say lo.

seraphinee - Appreciate your reply. So when u planning to get the key? Because i am also worry about HLE which will expire in 3 month time. Mine going to expire on Sept.... BTW, i had pm you. awaiting for your reply

HDB will call/mail you to update them again your salary status if need be before the HLE expires. Same situation for me. So now my HLE expires Oct, good enuff for keys collection.

HDB will call/mail you to update them again your salary status if need be before the HLE expires. Same situation for me. So now my HLE expires Oct, good enuff for keys collection.

So you managed to extend your HLE? That cool.

So what should i do? I am thinking...

1. Delay take key since i dun be getting married soon. Maybe next year? But HDB will allow??

2. Take key but tell them i will provide ROM cert by 9/9/2009?

3. Any others?

Idealsmiths - Will i able to go for my 2nd appointment (pay 5%) then wait for the key? Is it possible? Since the whole HDB is already ready?

I think my ROM will be next year .. so it will be at least 6month or more from today.

Maybe will find MP like you say lo.

Wah you didn't read the letter of offer three times over word for word like I did? How you know you not signing to be enlisted and send off to Zambawee as a slave from Singapore? :dancingqueen:

Okie, this is on page 2 of the "Notice to sign the agreement for lease and take possession" letters, take note of the "and".

1.png

So see paragraph 6....you can sign the above agreeement for lease (ie you lease the HDB flat for 99 years from HDB), HDB can ask you to collect keys later based on the term of 'agreement for lease'. this piece of 'specimen' is in your package 1 during your first appointment.

Mine is updated on the spot on appointment 2, see below

2.png

so I signed on the 4th of July and (see paragraph 4 (1) HDB board shall deliver on or before 4 of January 2009....that means 6 MONTHS of time. This is to their advantage. For you, when they send you a notice to come collect keys, as in 4 (2), you got 1 month interval unless you write back to extend....then extend....then extend.

However, if I don't take possesion by then, the other penalties below paragraph 4 is taken...

So i would suggest that you send an email to HDB, citing your HDB case number and ask for clarification. They now very good, will call you or email you within a short period of time. you know that we forumers can only provide small help, but the decision makers is still the guy in HDB, so best to ask him for correct information.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Ideasmiths

So you managed to extend your HLE? That cool.

So what should i do? I am thinking...

1. Delay take key since i dun be getting married soon. Maybe next year? But HDB will allow??

2. Take key but tell them i will provide ROM cert by 9/9/2009?

3. Any others?

I think you can take keys unless you are willing to forgo the grant given? 9/9/2009 like abit long to extend taking keys till then? Maybe if you are able to provide evidence that you will ROM on that date? Like for example providing them the receipt of the dinner banquet or something.

You can call the sales officer, they are really helpful and friendly! ;)

I think you can take keys unless you are willing to forgo the grant given? 9/9/2009 like abit long to extend taking keys till then? Maybe if you are able to provide evidence that you will ROM on that date? Like for example providing them the receipt of the dinner banquet or something.

You can call the sales officer, they are really helpful and friendly! ;)

yah,i got my HLE extended till Oct after i faxed in my salary payslip again, guess you really should call your officer in charge to check on your queries, and yes, they are helpful.

yah,i got my HLE extended till Oct after i faxed in my salary payslip again, guess you really should call your officer in charge to check on your queries, and yes, they are helpful.

The sales officer is the "manager" in charge of my account? Is it? okay, will give him a call.

:)

Got a call from HDB regarding the 'hinge' issue at main gate.

They inform me that the design is such that when it is closed, cannot chisel off and remove the gate. Hence there is not a need to weld the hinge.

So they suggest not to trust the contractor that is trying to earn some $.

Dear All,

Just to share with you what we have checked earlier on the air-con. A few salespersons told us to measure the height of the window near the air-con ledge because the compressor may not be able to fit in. For Toshiba, Panasonic, etc, I think the compressors are >800mm. From what we saw, only the Mitsubishi can fit in. You may want to go out and check with the other shops and measure the window height before getting an air-con.

Rgds

refer to my previous posting on the diamension of the windows indicated :)

The windows for the Aircon

dsc00234fr5.th.jpgdsc00235ju9.th.jpg

The window is like that one, height abt 71 cm width is 69 but consider up to the width when window is opened it is abt 52cm

Got a call from HDB regarding the 'hinge' issue at main gate.

They inform me that the design is such that when it is closed, cannot chisel off and remove the gate. Hence there is not a need to weld the hinge.

So they suggest not to trust the contractor that is trying to earn some $.

that is exactly what I am thinking. When the gate is closed, how is anyone able to lift up the gate and remove it (except incredible hulk). Ok, after removing the gate, there is still the wooden door. (need h.e.llboy this time). Unless someone knows your house has billions of dollars, why would anyone take so much effort to break in. :unsure:

ohh.. now I know who has billion dollar inside their house now :notti:

Edited by hihihi