Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

aircon of coz runs on the beam, not below the beam. The contractor must be out of his mind or trying to cut a big piece of flesh off tfujiwara8, or totally inexperienced. I suggest u get other pple to do your aircon.

As long as the unit it higher than the trunking, the water will flow. Water flow from high to low, remember? I'm 200% sure there is more than enough space clearance between unit and ceiling.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

tfujiwara8, my advise is to engage a experience air con contractor. My place is using system 4 :D

Edited by Shor

DSC00267-1.jpg

thanks for the invite to your hse herbman :yamseng: have a great chat with all my neighbours..

btw i think the sign is put up when we are at ur unit talking .. haha.. wonder why the sign not green colour since it is call linear GREEN.. :notti:

tfujiwara8, my advise is to engage a experience air con contractor. My place is using system 4...

hi shor,

Care to share what model of air con u got and how much?haha. cos i planning to get system 4 also.. thanks a lot.

:yamseng:

Introduction

The Construction Quality Assessment System or CONQUAS was developed by the Building and Construction Authority in co-operation with major public sector agencies and various leading industry professional bodies to measure workmanship quality in a completed building. Since the launch of CONQUAS in 1989, more than 2,238 public and private building projects have been assessed by BCA. The total cumulative contract value exceeding S$81.9 billion.

As a de facto national quality yardstick for the industry, CONQUAS has been periodically fine-tuned to keep pace with changes in technology and quality demands of more sophisticated Singaporeans.

CONQUAS assessment is compulsory for all public residential projects with contract sum above $5 million.

Defects in your new home?

defect_pic1_whattodo.jpg

Getting the keys to a new home is an exciting time, filled with great anticipation. Though we always expect our dream homes to turn out perfect, sometimes this is not the case. We find that certain items of work are not in accordance with the specifications, or detect instances of shoddy workmanship. What can we do about it? Under the Sale & Purchase Agreement signed with your Developer, your Developer has certain obligations to fulfil when defects are detected within the 12-month Defects Liability Period. You too, have a part to play in ensuring that the defect rectification process proceeds smoothly. The key steps in the defect rectification process are listed here to guide you along.

Architectural Works deals mainly with the finishes and components. This is the part where the quality and standard of workmanship are most visible. The assessment covers:

(i) Site inspection of internal finishes, roofs, external walls and external works at the completion stage of the building. Internal finishes include floors, internal walls, ceiling, doors, windows and components (architectural works that are not classified above).

(ii) Material & Functional tests such as water-tightness of windows & external walls and adhesion of internal wall tiles.

Edited by DSA

Care to share what model of air con u got and how much?haha. cos i planning to get system 4 also.. thanks a lot.

Shor, i also intending for a system4. Do share your propose trunking layout. TQ.

darcbleu: Aiyah, August ah? That means we won't be able to open the door and check for defects then ah? Okay lah, then might have to delay till September lor. So xien, everyone here chatting about renovations already and we still cannot get involved. Hhahah.

Seems like cacky is brewing with excitement. :drunk: You guys are back in Singapore? If you have found an HR to renovate your place, then I guess HDB is the critical path that can't be fast tracked.

1) Select the prefer brand. For me I prefer Mitshubishi heavy instead of Electric as they have more functions, initially I wanted Electric as there are alot of advertisement and etc. After doing some survey and analysis, I chose Mitshubishi heavy.

2) Energy saving. It must be 4 ticks (Go green, help to save energy)

3) Inverter or non-inverter. I go for inverter as it is more stable in terms of cooling capacity.

4) Air-Con Refrigerant R410A or R22: of course R410A as R22 is the older type of refrigerant.

5) bedrooms with 3 X 9000BTU + living 1 X 18000BTU should be enough.

I think herbman has this useful link to Coolserve on the brands and selection of aircon, perhaps you would like to check this out. :yamseng:

darcbleu: Aiyah, August ah? That means we won't be able to open the door and check for defects then ah? Okay lah, then might have to delay till September lor. So xien, everyone here chatting about renovations already and we still cannot get involved. Hhahah.

Hey cacky & darcbleu

Just like to share the good news that hdb is releasing the keys to our block!

I've gotten an appointment from them last fri, scheduled to collect on 29 july.

Ur turns should be coming soon! :P

:sport-smiley-003:

Yoz,

If bo bian, den act u can take your time to source for a comfortable ID 1st.. den if like what sheppy had mentioned, your turn will be coming soon or u can rush the HDB ppl there say u don wan to wait til chinese lunar 7th month.. c what they can do..

meantime u can go other forumers 'open house' and c c look look.. note of some works done n possible 'mistakes' and oso enhance neighbour relationships.. haha..

can also take advantage of GSS to book some furn or electronic stuff if u noe yr deco theme..

N COMEX SHOW!! is coming.. end of Aug.. everyone can prepare their wallets.. lolz..

Hey cacky & darcbleu

Just like to share the good news that hdb is releasing the keys to our block!

I've gotten an appointment from them last fri, scheduled to collect on 29 july.

Ur turns should be coming soon! :P

:sport-smiley-003:

yeah,thanxs, i got the appt slots also today from the HDB page, but guess i will change the slot as i also won be able to Open Door in aug, so i will change it a convenient time lo,also somewhere in Aug,as i can only hold till 21 aug. Guess will open door in Sep.

:sport-smiley-004:

Edited by darcbleu

This solution only sys 3. like that got very little trunking.

only BR3 lo. MBR minimum loh.

Aircontrunking.jpg

RED - Outdoor/Indoor units

Green - Trunking.

if i wrong, hopefully somebody can correct and pass the right info...

My system 3 trunking is done exactly the same way as yours. The only problem is the bedroom 3 trunking which runs on the wall where the future wardrobe is. If I buy a wardrobe unit then the wardrobe cannot be so high. A better alternative is a built in wardrobe to conceal the trunking.

Hohoho...

Sianz.. Tonight going to meet MP liaoz. The date is out, called HDB. Told me cannot defer and cannot give me key. Why? Because i no ROM cert.

Hopefully MP can advise. Super sianZzz..

sheppy: Thanks dear ... I am looking forward to having dates too. Hopefully soon.

darcbleu: Actually, I heard that you can still open the door during 7th month, but must pick an auspicious date.