Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Incorporating the QoS required into the renovation contract is oh so important. Legal avenue is probably the most robust recourse that home owners have against errant, unscrupulous or sheer incompetent contractors.

Any1 did glass backing for their kitchen below their hood & behind their hob? Can share their expenditure on this renovation item? Plus its dimensions: length by width. And also the range of price quotations for installation of hood? Anyone in the know on these?

I'm doing black glass backing. I referred to my quotation and it is only written as 14ft and the price is $700. As for the installation, it's part of the package.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanky Fred! How's the progress on ya reno?

applegirl: I was told by my renovator that HDB has done the piping in such a way that the storage heater is best fixed at the common bathroom. If you wanna place it in the service yard, there might be some extra works to be done. I initially wanted it at the service yard too but changed my mind and left it in the common bathroom in the end. You planning to have a bathtub in your bathroom?

sheppy: An alarm system may be good, considering the amount of thefts reported during this period of time. Which brand you considering?

frederick_chia: Where is the nearest Botak Jones???

Ya , already installed the bathtub and the water heater is in the yard.Coz only 2 member in the house, so want to make the master bath into something like a home spa and use the common bath for daily shower. :notti: May take a photo of the water heater the next time I visit the site.Look bulky at the yard, but better then having it above my head every time I use the shower.

Incorporating the QoS required into the renovation contract is oh so important. Legal avenue is probably the most robust recourse that home owners have against errant, unscrupulous or sheer incompetent contractors.

Any1 did glass backing for their kitchen below their hood & behind their hob? Can share their expenditure on this renovation item? Plus its dimensions: length by width. And also the range of price quotations for installation of hood? Anyone in the know on these?

I read somewhere that oil or dirt can go down in between the glass backing and the wall,and won't be able to clean it. So I go for stainless steel backing as the gap between is very fine.The size is a square piece same width as the hob.

Hi hi, BO, i gotten my key today... phew... finally after the long wait ... Pls highlight my name! ; )

cheers,

-jason

Just wondering why u get ur key so late, did u select ur flat in May like me? I thought I was very late liao. ;)

At my current place in Bedok South, there is a security feature @ the lift groundfloor where only pple with access card can enter the premises. With this feature, we also have lesser junk mails. Don't know why this project is being scraped by HDB, but I think only my side had this feature islandwide. I will miss this feature after I shift to LG.

Are u refering to the few point blocks at bedok south near the hawer center with that hillstreet chao kew tiao?

I've just discovered some cracks on my kitchen wall tiles but it's been more than 2 months since I've gotten the keys. Can I still report?

But my contactor did not touch anything in the kitchen yet.

Just wondering why u get ur key so late, did u select ur flat in May like me? I thought I was very late liao. ;)

Yah, i selected the flat in may also, but applied for ahg then got delayed... then after that need to seek their approval for deferment of submission of ROM cert... thats why took abit longer...

My bomb shelter is faulty... cannot lock the door sia... bedrooms' doors got scratches...other than that, looks fine ... probably a couple of the door knobs look abit "old".

Btw, i just jot down the items and pass to the office in 220A? or any specifc forms to fill in? i left my documents there after checking ... sianz. haha

its far for me to go back to my new house cos i am staying in jurong .. :P

Hi guys,

Anyone knows how to fix the cloth hanger?

After I release it down, It CAN'T go up...

Now it is stuck at the position.......

Anyone know how to resolve this?

I think you try getting Jovi at blk 220A 1st level to help.

Edited by oscarr

Ya , already installed the bathtub and the water heater is in the yard.Coz only 2 member in the house, so want to make the master bath into something like a home spa and use the common bath for daily shower. :notti: May take a photo of the water heater the next time I visit the site.Look bulky at the yard, but better then having it above my head every time I use the shower.

wow, a bathtub, may i request a pic to show us your home spa? anticipating.... :dancingqueen:

I've just discovered some cracks on my kitchen wall tiles but it's been more than 2 months since I've gotten the keys. Can I still report?

But my contactor did not touch anything in the kitchen yet.

Yes, no harm telling Jovi about it.

Hey BO, now that most people have gotten their keys, how about indicating on the first page who has moved in already? Perhaps bold the nicknames with a different colour. My LG status: Not moved in yet.

Hi guys,

Anyone know if the shower taps (default that come with the HDB), it seem that the water flow is very weak....

Anyone know how to remedy?

sheppy: An alarm system may be good, considering the amount of thefts reported during this period of time. Which brand you considering?

My reno is starting next week with hacking of kitchen walls and electrician wirings, very happy and excited. I heard from my contractor that recently at my block 1 unit lock was cut open and they stole a TV and computer. THink the buglar targets units that are finishing reno and moving things in. Hence i think i would not bring in electical appliances until hand over and lock change.

Any1 using cove lights? i would like to ask about pros and cons?