Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

hi hi to all home owners,

do you all feel that the kitchen floor is warmer than usual as compare to other rooms ? esp the place when u stand beneath the kitchen light. ?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My contractor just told me nowaday ppl don't install access panel for their bathtub unless is jaguzzi with motor :bath: How to clear chuckage then??????????

The new kopitiam dun have prata leh, sianz. And also dun zhi cha

Eat at the downstair kopitiam only when it is raining then. There are sooooooo many kopitiam around that area that I worry I will get fat after moving in. :yamseng:

No longer free liao.....

Ha Ha....long time ago no longer S$1.99 liao.... :notti:

Haha... the last time i ate Long John was when its Combo 1 was still ard S$2.99...

can i check what is the procedures for reporting faults in the house? do i submit the list to the BSC and provide them the key to my house / with locks? or do i just call jovi and fix appt for the checks, i dun have much defects to reticfy...cept for the big line cracks at the ceiling of my living room. :curse: is it norm? Is it due to the reno around the blocks?

I just fill up the defects form, go to the office at 220A, passed Jovi the form with one of my keys. You can choose to give her the key to either wooden door, metal gate, or both. Up to you.

Jovi told me normally will take around 2 weeks to rectify the defects as she need to liase with different contractors for different defects. Says she will contact me once all done up.

If you choose to close one eye to all those minor minor defects, it's not surprising to see why there are zero defect to report. :P

For me, whether minor or major defects i just write down. It's up to Jovi to tell me whether they are able to, or willing to rectify them. :notti:

Not sure why there is a crack but its best to write it down for Jovi to follow-up with it. Keep a lookout for it after your reno in case it appears again *touch wood*.

hi hi to all home owners,

do you all feel that the kitchen floor is warmer than usual as compare to other rooms ? esp the place when u stand beneath the kitchen light. ?

That's normal. It's due to the heat generated by the kitchen lighting (belonging your neighbour downstairs) transmitted upwards to your kitchen flooring.

At my parents old house, a 25 yr old HDB flat, I can even feel the heat through granite flooring in the living room... :(

Edited by its_fate_htb

I just fill up the defects form, go to the office at 220A, passed Jovi the form with one of my keys. You can choose to give her the key to either wooden door, metal gate, or both. Up to you.

Jovi told me normally will take around 2 weeks to rectify the defects as she need to liase with different contractors for different defects. Says she will contact me once all done up.

I beg to differ, pls do not do that. You should buy a cheap lock and pass them the key. Unlock everything else during this period of time.

can i check what is the procedures for reporting faults in the house? do i submit the list to the BSC and provide them the key to my house / with locks? or do i just call jovi and fix appt for the checks, i dun have much defects to reticfy...cept for the big line cracks at the ceiling of my living room. :curse: is it norm? Is it due to the reno around the blocks?

you can also choose to email Jovi (bedokc6@eptc.sg

) instead.

I beg to differ, pls do not do that. You should buy a cheap lock and pass them the key. Unlock everything else during this period of time.

Ya, me too, get an old unused lock and pass them the key. This way u need not have to change ur lock and key after u move in. I actually use the same lock during reno, as the key will be pass from one contractor to another.

For me, I did neither. I just told her when I will be @ the new house and asked her to arrange for every related person to be here to do the defects.

yes, this is another viable option.

For me, I did neither. I just told her when I will be @ the new house and asked her to arrange for every related person to be here to do the defects.

wah... all do at one shot all... hmm... didn't know can do that...

Hi I'm from 220A, same as HiHiHi.

Big_Orange pls help me add into the blk list.

If there are any meet up or gathering below our house or nearby do let me know.

At the same time can i check with you all regarding the sand & haulage?

I saw in the previous reply:

27 Haulage & debris fees 800 FOC 260 1100 260

Is there free sand & haulage service? My ID just told me tat he had a contractor to do this & the contractor is asking for $700 to do it. Where can i get the FOC one or the $260 one?

Why is there such a big diff in pricing?

Who has completed reno? Can advice on this part?

Hi I'm from 220A, same as HiHiHi.

Big_Orange pls help me add into the blk list.

If there are any meet up or gathering below our house or nearby do let me know.

At the same time can i check with you all regarding the sand & haulage?

I saw in the previous reply:

27 Haulage & debris fees 800 FOC 260 1100 260

Is there free sand & haulage service? My ID just told me tat he had a contractor to do this & the contractor is asking for $700 to do it. Where can i get the FOC one or the $260 one?

Why is there such a big diff in pricing?

Who has completed reno? Can advice on this part?

This will never be FOC. Cos those free ones will package it up with other things. & this amount is to be paid to the Town Council either by you directly or via your ID or contractor.

yes, this is another viable option.

wah... all do at one shot all... hmm... didn't know can do that...

Thanxs, will check with Jovi at the BSC, see whether can i be at the house for them to retify the defects.

This will never be FOC. Cos those free ones will package it up with other things. & this amount is to be paid to the Town Council either by you directly or via your ID or contractor.

Hi Frederick,

So what is the amount you paid for your house? Wat is the market price now?

Hi I am also at 220A :) welcome

Hi Herbman76,

Thank you! So have you shifted into our blk? Next time can bring some food to you & family if i got cook.

I just completed my cement screed (aka smooth floor rendering). Bring your application letter provided by HDB and go to the branch office at Blk 201A level 2. HDB say the process will take 3-4 weeks. Mine finished in 3 weeks.

Im also waiting for the HDB approval after PE submission. After this my reno works will start.

Hi Snowman,

How much did you pay for your cement screed? It's leveling for the tiles to be put on right?